Starting with a fleet

• I think it'd be pretty awesome if you could choose which server you start on or start the session with several ships. I have quite a few friends and it'd be pretty sweet to start with 2 brigantines. What do you guys think?

Views
    xbox onewindows 10feedbackgeneral
  • I would like this feature as well, but only if they limit alliances to 2 ships, or start splitting the loot by # of ships in the alliance.

Alliances were a fine addition to the game when the ability to farm loot wasn't as easy as it is now. Now that server events spawn so often, anything that makes it easier to queue in as a group will be exploited.

• @lygushkia
    This will be fun for you and your friends - but not so much for the other crews on the server.

• @lygushkia said in Starting with a fleet:

I think it'd be pretty awesome if you could choose which server you start on or start the session with several ships. I have quite a few friends and it'd be pretty sweet to start with 2 brigantines. What do you guys think?

Alliances are not an extension of your crew and that is what this would be.

How is it fun for anyone else on the server? It places a team of multiple ships at such a huge advantage that they will simply dominate any server they are on and only be contested by other fleets ... which could be maximum 1 other group. It simply is not balanced, you are going to occupy 2/5 ship slots on a server, you will have multiple spawn points, multiple angles of approach, ability to use 1 ship for combat while the other runs with all the loot, naval positioning with two ships compared to one, number advantages, etc.

It is simply not balanced. Go play as a solo, go fight other crews like brigantines and then come back here to explain to us how doubling up those numbers and ships would be anywhere remotely balanced? Regardless of whether you PvP or not, there are going to be people that do! This is a PvEvP game, if we already have complaints about 1v4 with a single ship, imagine the 1v6 versus 2 ships...

• I appreciate all your feedback but I gotta say, that's some incredibly weak talk I'm hearing. I've been on a server where there was a 3 ship fleet and the rest of us just made our own and took them out till they left the server. I was unaware that there are only 5 ships on a server, I'm pretty sure I've seen more but maybe that's due to someone logging. That obviously needs to change if they want the game more community based.

Views
xbox onewindows 10feedbackgeneral
4 out of 5