Secretive Easter egg island/hidden shroud area.

• Other than Tributes Peak we dont have an island shrouded in mystery, lote, and generally insightful information about the Sea of Thieves before Ramsey.

I'm taking some inspiration from One Piece's ponyglyphs to create a slight puzzle/treasure hunt.

There's currently what look to be ancient half sun dials scattered about the map already which could be the first steps to this suggestion.

Would be to create a treasure hunt for information regarding Shrouded Shores.
    If each half dial had a number, or letter stenciled in skeleton runes, (example) X-4, Y-5, Z-6 = safe route to this mysterious isle.

It would give more entertainment for the adventurous, and more lore for the bookworm I pray.

Views
    feedbackcommunityjust for funstory & loreevents
  • @john-doyle-new

Cross-map hunting is not really going to work in SoT, as the world itself is not as big. People will keep stumbling over that island all the time, just like they do with the uncharted one we already have.

Good mention on One Piece though, I love this anime.

• Really like the idea of islands hidden in the shroud that aren't marked on the map.

• It doesn't have to be some behemoth of an island to have impact and insight into the history and lore of Sea of Thieves, not only can the shroud hide the land mass it'd prevent accidentally stumbling upon this island.

Something more Easter egg huntish such as going to the unused altars like the one at Cinder Inslet, to reveal part of the code/coordinates.

Could have a multitude of functions, and/or long forgotten factions or Orders of the Abyss, watching ever silently and vigilant from the shroud.
    @greengrimz

• It's also peak user interaction with the game on a solo instance more than just a strict team based game, as an investigative adventurer would broaden the immersion and general allure SoT has in my own opinion.

Views
feedbackcommunityjust for funstory & loreevents
1 out of 5