Edge/End of the World

• I started playing in late 2020 and i learned that there used to be a water fall at the edge of the map to signify the "edge" of the warld. why is that no longer in the game, that sounds really cool. there could be a tall tale that makes you go over the edge to Davy Jones Locker or something stupid like that.

Views
    generalxbox onewindows 10story & loreevents
  • There never was a waterfall or an edge of the world.
    Though I've always wanted that, it would be cool.

• Yeah, I never experienced a waterfall. I played before release and wanted to check how far we could get before the got sunk by the red sea. Never encountered a waterfall.

If they added it as an event for a limited time, then I would have missed that.
    Idea could be somewhat neat, yeah.

• @birdbot500 for as long as i remember (since before release, this has never been a thing.

Also it wouldnt work in the lore, the sea of thieves is positioned on the actual real life world we all know just north of Mosquito Island. You may not know this island but what is north of it is pretty well known, the bermuda triangle.

• There never has, and probably never will be, an "end of the world" waterfall. Whoever told you there is one didn't know what they were talking about.

The whole point of the Sea of Thieves is we're adventuring in another dimension, that's separated from the "real world" by the Devil's Shroud, which is the Red Sea/a nearly impenetrable fog that literally dissolves whatever touches it.

• There's never been a waterfall at the end of the world.

The current implementation of the end of the map is tied to lore with the shroud and red sea also changing it to a waterfall would be a complete waste of development time.

Views
generalxbox onewindows 10story & loreevents
1 out of 6