[Mega Thread] Glitterbeard Discussion and Community Help Thread [Spoilers Ahead]

• @closinghare208 said in [Mega Thread] Glitterbeard Discussion and Community Help Thread [Spoilers Ahead]:

@yoda0508 said in [Mega Thread] Glitterbeard Discussion and Community Help Thread [Spoilers Ahead]:

@closinghare208 I live in cali so I would be free around 4 pdt

dm me what time that would be in est go to my pic click or press on it and go to new chat and then tell me what that would be in est

It's a 3-hour difference from coast to coast. So 4 for him would be 7 for you.

• Got the Glitterbeard event finished last night using a Looking For Group and t'was beautiful. Took a bit of effort to get a crew o' 8, get on same server, but t'was worth it.

• I did the ritual last weekend with 7 random people i met in a group online. It was a great experiance reading the whole story and learning the backstory. I agree, that it might be hard to get 7 other fellow pirates to work with you but all in all it was definitely worth it. There was just one thing wich kind of ruined the experience for me. I am german and also play SoT in german and noticed, some of the journal entries were not completely translated. I had no problem understanding them but nevertheless it was a suprise

• Read the whole story up till the final journal, I really loved hearing Glitterbeard’s accounts of the seas. As someone who is very much friendly and tries not to fight too much I thought he was a very sweet character. Good Job Rare!

• So do all eight people need to have all of the journals to do the finale?

• @veronaviking said in [Mega Thread] Glitterbeard Discussion and Community Help Thread [Spoilers Ahead]:

So do all eight people need to have all of the journals to do the finale?

No

I was the only one in my random group that had journals and had any idea about this content.

• I found 21 journals. Now no idea what to do next. How do I find out next step. At 21 I expected a clue. Did I miss something in the journals?

• I didn't read through the journals as I have the game in Spanish and the translations are quite bad in this game. I thought I would be able to find the entries online but haven't had any luck. Does anyone know where I can read them without having to go back to all of them?

• @big-markus9108 I heard that Rare asked creators not to post the contents of the journals at this point in time, so that people experience the story and adventures of glitterbeard in game. You may have to wait for that. But i agree with you, that translations in this game are partly not very good and sometimes even missing. I noticed this while searchich for the journals in my session and some lines were not properly or just not translated to german.

• It would be wonderful if you could access and read the journals anytime after you locate them the first time. For example, after you unlock the journal, we should be able to select it from our commendations be able to read it at your own pace. Instead, I'm constantly interrupted by stupid skellies and exploding kegs making the experience a bit unenjoyable. Otherwise I really like this new addition. Great story.

• anyone know where the one is on the two peak ship wreck one

• Honestly doing this and reading the journals was incredibly heartwarming. Despite all the junk the community may give you guys at times, we all know Rare is a collection of warm hearted and loving creators who care just as much about their team as they do their fans.

I won’t spoil anything but I did tear up at that finale and I can honestly say this is by far the greatest tribute to someone in gaming history.

Well done Rare. Glitterbeard Forever! ✨

• @manicowl88 Agreed!! They make what I assume is an amazing tribute, but force players to search outside of the game to see it. Nothing in this game should require more than 4 pirates. I also missed the 1st Meg because of this. Sailed around beating the drum for about an hour and nobody else showed up. Oh well, maybe someday I'll see it. Until then I'll just keep having fun in the game.

• Rare have to decrease the number of players to 4 for opening the vault. I tried 15 times with 12 other people to find the same server by server hopping.. No chance.. Why you have to do that with a stranger crew? The experience would be much deeper with your own crew...

• I would still like to complete this....

• After reading through this thread from start to finish, I can see I was right (Predicted it on Insider, and here it comes to pass). The sentiment for Glitterbeard seems to have finally worn off (I figured it would take roughly 3 weeks to a month before it happened, and here we are a month later), and now its just a struggle to even do the thing.

Might be time to reconsider that 8 person requirement, since it was pointless to require it in the first place.

I was fortunate enough to hop into a Server Alliance on Day 1 of its release to get it done. Know how many times I have gotten it done since; Zero, Zip, Zilch. I even saw a crew trying to get it done a week later. Fired a Blunderbuss at them in the middle of the sequence to prove a point. I had not even thought of Glitterbeard for quite some time until today. Saw a Crew trying to do his Tree Sequence, but they had loot, so we sunk-em and they left the server. (Kind of makes you wish they did not need 8 people huh. . .)

Never should have needed 8 people, still dont think it needs 8 people, and like Skeleton thrones, RagnBone Crates, Stolen Gifts, and the like before it; Glitterbeard falls into needless obscurity to gather digital dust alongside other unachievable content, with an arbitrarily ridiculous setup requirement, instead of being able to be revisited and given proper respect.

What a Legacy. - Slow Claps -

My advice to anyone still having trouble, just hop into a Server Alliance. It will save you a lot of needless PVP encounters, and Server Hopping.

• @weetabix-lord yes that was me i was there we were disappointed

• Just wanted to say it’s now been plenty of time for it to be “experienced by all”. Make
    this able to do with just your crew. There has been no one doing this since the first week and 2 of my crew have yet to experience it and honestly don’t even care about it at this point Bc finding people outside of server alliances is next to impossible.

• Pirates are tanned,

And hoard sugars and spice,

Alactar was banned

For just being nice

• omg i finally got to do this with shillianth and crew. THE FEELS. :( it's raining on my face.

• I'm still trying to complete this, if anyone is still looking for another to join

• @geneinjeans I’m looking to do this as well—no luck as a solo player

• Good morning, I do not know if this is ever read by the developers, but I put it just in case because I think it is interesting.

I think that if the developers implemented being able to create alliances with more friends in plan than if there is a galleon created, then somehow to be able to create another ship as a sloop and be able to create it on the same server as that galleon and thus be able to create an alliance between several ships That they are friends and make fleets I think it would give more PVP and more life to the game I like the game a lot, but I think this would give more life to igaul's game than a 6-man ship would be great.

I do not know if this message will be read at some point or will be forgotten, but I send it because I think it is necessary and I wanted to do it.
    Also thank you very much.

And keep putting things like this.

A greeting

• Just 10 minutes to get kicked out of the game and lose all progress? What nonsense, who could have thought of such a thing? Fix this wrecking feature, you've been told about it many times, on your forum and on reddit tons of messages about "lazybeard". Do at least 20 minutes, during this time you can safely eat and not run like crazy. At the moment, the game is absolutely not designed for a single player.

• Guys that's was just perfect.... Music... Lights... I'm going to light this tree one more time :D More of this kind of things in Sea of Thives for sure but...

• Sorry if this is long and a little harsh but I'm beyond salty right now. Tried posting a video of this on reddit but it kept being deleted. Maybe because of spoilers idk.

It's been 4 months since the Glitterbeard journals were added to the game. I found them all only to find out the last one needed 8 players to unlock. 8 friendly players in a game where 90% of the time other players are hostile. As a solo player I was extremely disappointed at this poor design choice but there was nothing I could do. Just had to keep playing and hope an opportunity presented itself someday.

Well, after months of waiting I finally found people to do the Glitterbeard event with last night. I was pretty damn excited. THEN OCEAN CRAWLERS HAPPENED. They wouldn't stop spawning and made the event impossible to do. We killed a few waves but for some reason they just kept spawning. Eventually we had probably over a dozen harassing us non-stop. Then they glitched under the tree making them impossible to kill. Between the gas, the stomps, and the lighting orbs shooting at us we couldn't complete the event. I get this is a bug and spawn rates are broken, but this made an already frustrating event even worse.

I don't even want any of the Glitterbeard crud anymore. Memorial my butt, the whole thing is a monument to poor game design. This was just a slap in the face after waiting for so long.

Putting an achievement, commendation, and cosmetic item behind an event that is entirely luck based is baffling. Especially when it's supposed to be a memorial to someone. You'd think Rare would want people to see this event, not make it next to impossible to achieve.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. Thanks Rare.

• @bubbaslubz i hate stuff like that too but its not that big of an issue. Go to the discord once and look for people who wanna do it and its done after an hours. Its not that hard. Agree that it sucks but if you want to do it you can without much effort.

• @musicmee There is literally no way for me to get 8 players together any work around to this :/

• @ll-shortdawg-ll said in [Mega Thread] Glitterbeard Discussion and Community Help Thread [Spoilers Ahead]:

@musicmee There is literally no way for me to get 8 players together any work around to this :/

I thought the same thing. I did a LFG post saying I needed just ONE person for Glitterbeard and had 14 people show interest.

I also went to a FoF and offered to help complete the fort AND they could have all the loot if they helped and they did!

• Give something more to us pre-order players, we hardly got anything, and it looked so ugly! It's just plain black with a few emeralds here and there and the jacket is awful, it looks like a starter outfit!

• Since the Pirates' Life update, enemy spawn rates seem way to high.

Before the update, some skeletons would spawn, you'd kill them and then get about five minutes of quiet time to do your quest or whatever.

Now however, it seems like you get no quiet time at all, the spawn rates of the ocean crawlers seem particularly bad with sometimes multiple waves spawning at the same time; leading to sloop crews having to deal with as many as three of the tanky crab guys at once, only to be rewarded with more spawning once their finally dealt with.

I don't think this can possibly be what was intended when the update launched, and I've waited a while but haven't seen any acknowledgement that this is an issue.

Is the team aware of this and do they have any intention of fixing it?

• Is your glitterbeard progress listed anywhere (As in however many journals you’ve read out of however many journals there are). Because I’ve lost track of how many I have gotten so far. Thanks for the help.

• @yk-pugface said in [Mega Thread] Glitterbeard Discussion and Community Help Thread [Spoilers Ahead]:

Is your glitterbeard progress listed anywhere (As in however many journals you’ve read out of however many journals there are). Because I’ve lost track of how many I have gotten so far. Thanks for the help.

Yes, it is listed under Legend of Sea, under the Bilge Rats. Hope that helps!

• @personalc0ffee

It helped a lot, thanks for the fast reply!

Views
86 out of 127