Capture a Code (UNOFFICIAL Community Competition)Your Best 'Pirate Selfie' Screenshot [RESULT]

• Another week full of great screenshots. Thank you everyone who participated in this ‘just for fun’ competition. :D

This weeks winning screenshot is by....

@ClarenceDube151

Well done me matey for this well executed selfie! 😁👍🏻

Views
  • i wonder how many people are gonna complain about this one too

• very well done

• again not me 😭

• Wow! I was not expecting to win. There was so many great pictures 😄

• @doormaat a few perhaps :D

Your’s was a top contender. Pity I can only pick one.

• @cpt-eneon you did good! So hard to choose!

• @thickishjester somones salty that his didnt get picked. little advice: being salty isnt gonna get you a 6 pack. its gonna show your not worth it. Im in a really good mood and just feel like saying that the screen shot was really good. the way he had his camera look like he is taking a selfie lol

• Congrats to the winner! Lovely shot

• @thickishjester said in Capture a Code (UNOFFICIAL Community Competition)Your Best 'Pirate Selfie' Screenshot [RESULT]:

@rtl-saint I don’t care about not being picked, I knew it was a very small chance anyway. Just don’t like creativity to be encouraged then just pick one that’s a close up of the character that literally so many others did and I could do too. Seen far more creative ones and expected them to win, but nope, random close up of a pirate, wow, so original! 🤣

i was gonna type a response, but i dont need to waste a good day on this ;)

• @ThickishJester The winning shot is well framed with their hand to the side, almost looks like they are holding the camera and smiling, you know, like a selfie. Its a lot better than most of them. Its not just a close up of their character as they at least put effort into how to compose the shot. Well done on their part!

• Well done @ClarenceDube151

• tbh i dont see the point in trying so hard to get a good picture when this is what wins. no hate to the person whos pic this is its not their fault but seriously. c'mon

banana man

• @namwob2357 said in Capture a Code (UNOFFICIAL Community Competition)Your Best 'Pirate Selfie' Screenshot [RESULT]:

tbh i dont see the point in trying so hard to get a good picture when this is what wins. no hate to the person whos pic this is its not their fault but seriously. c'mon

banana man

Personally I like when a pic like this wins. I like when it's just a person out there taking a screen shot. A lot of the pics that get entered are lovely but they are so contrived (ironically given the theme not unlike social media lol) I appreciate a winner from time to time outside of that.

• I love their pirate! 😁

• I'm glad this one won
    Looks like they are holding a camera to take a selfie

• @Namwob2357 mate, you were so salty that mine won last week you had to find and message me about it on Xbox Live. Now you're here bringing down this one. Give it a rest bud. We are all here because this is a fun game and @lizalaroo has gone out of their way to try and inject a bit of extra excitement in our day to day on the seas. So far all I've seen you contribute is an attempt to bring the community down. Not a good look friend. Congrats to the winner, looks like you had a great time!

• Congrats!! Very nice selfie

• First of all , a well meant Congratulations towards Pirate ClarenceDube 151... The mission was clear , you had to take a Selfie , and not just a normal picture . Mrs Lizalaroo exactly took this one because this looks like a mobilephone taken selfie picture...

( - Oh ooow, Sunshine , quick , put him asleep , look at those anger levels * No - What No? Do what i told you ,put him down * No, Captain Tearface ,i won't , he needs to do this ,trust me...- They will ban him, Sunshine * So what?)...Hmmmm, There is something i've seen on previous Competetions of Mrs Lizalaroo.

i can , with a lot of effort , understand that one can be dissapointed if he or she hasn't won. But to attack the judge , the only judge , more than once , makes my hand crawl towards a fist...

If you could do what Mrs Lizalaroo can on the front of mortalizing gamestuff towards the real world , to write and answer Pirates in a very Friendly and just way , help out whoever and where ever she can, then those accusations of lately are a Blasphemy of the purest kind...

If the Forum could be seen in it's full content , meaning from the start somewhere in 2016 towards today , you would see that this person must have read and written on this Forum for thousends of hours . Not only this , rightfully ,lead towards the Title of Deckhand , only the very most useful and helpful achieved this , and they are only with a handful of people to do this.
    But also her very Original Artwork , where upon every Renowned CopyMaster from China is jealous , as she materiliazes every possible and even impossible trinket out of this game and gives it away to the ones she thinks deserve it , on Charity Events of All kinds , or even on other Competitions on this very Forum , has made her a very Liked Pirate ...

To all, that may think that the Pirates of Old have fallen into a slumbering hibernation sleep i have this little blackspot for you... If ,on the next competion, horsefeces are written towards Mrs Lizalaroo for whatever ungrounded reason , then i hope you will be in a good book with your God ...Because you will need him desperately...

We may be Pirates ,but we respect eachother , certainly the ones who have spend lifetimes of time in here , unpaid ... If you rise your little ,sad , typing fingers just to smudge , then my fingers will rise to make my words cut like swords ... Not one shall smudge a Forum Legend of this calibre ...and live to tell that tale...

• Nice selfie matey! :D

• Good job. It has drawn to my attention that usually a new mission would have already been started, but there is none. Also the lines of "I'll be back with a new mission...should you choose to accept it" are gone.

Are there no more contests, no more chances? @lizalaroo and @lizalaroo if it is, then I thankyou, for doing these even if it was only my second. Also, if the reason you are stopping is because of the rude posts made on this and other result threads, I would like those posters to know they are the cause of this.

• @rockaceyt said in Capture a Code (UNOFFICIAL Community Competition)Your Best 'Pirate Selfie' Screenshot [RESULT]:

Good job. It has drawn to my attention that usually a new mission would have already been started, but there is none. Also the lines of "I'll be back with a new mission...should you choose to accept it" are gone.

Are there no more contests, no more chances? @lizalaroo and @lizalaroo if it is, then I thankyou, for doing these even if it was only my second. Also, if the reason you are stopping is because of the rude posts made on this and other result threads, I would like those posters to know they are the cause of this.

It would also be 100% understandable. Too many people get mad when they don't win, and quite frankly with the way people act, I'm not sure most people enter are worthy of winning any sort of prize.

• @rockaceyt said in Capture a Code (UNOFFICIAL Community Competition)Your Best 'Pirate Selfie' Screenshot [RESULT]:

Good job. It has drawn to my attention that usually a new mission would have already been started, but there is none. Also the lines of "I'll be back with a new mission...should you choose to accept it" are gone.

If I was her I wouldn’t, imagine consistently going out of you’re way to try and add a little bit of fun to the community and all you get is grief from it.

Wouldn’t surprise me if she gets tonnes of salty PM’s each time she does it.

Also you can tell it was getting tedious for her because she had to make the point her decision is final.

”Also, NO randomiser.
    Remember all screenshots have a chance of winning. Everyone’s opinion of a winner will be different and I’d appreciate your respect on the decision made.
    Upvotes do not guarantee a winner.”

That just screams of constant crying and direct messages.

• To those who are making rude comments about this, before you reply to anyone, post anything on the forums, I am asking to think if you knew this person would you say it to their face.

This is basically the only way to win a 6 pack without a randomizer. And if it is gone it is most likely your fault. @lizalaroo spends sooo much time doing this as way to be nice to the sea of thieves community, and how do people like YOU repay that generosity.

Oh, you most certainly don't repay it with gratitude, oh no, you log on the forums, notice you didn't win and say rude comments about lizalaroo, about the winner, and about this entire system of friendliness. This contest is suppose to be fun and you go and whine about it.

• @namwob2357 said in Capture a Code (UNOFFICIAL Community Competition)Your Best 'Pirate Selfie' Screenshot [RESULT]:

tbh i dont see the point in trying so hard to get a good picture when this is what wins. no hate to the person whos pic this is its not their fault but seriously. c'mon

banana man

It's not about "is the picture in 8k" or how well colors match and everything is placed no, It's about creativity and what emotions it brings up when looking at it. I think this one is fantastic and one of the best ones I have seen for a while.

Why complain for not having your or one you think should had won? This competition was (probably) made to bring community together to create something and see what others have com up with and not to tryhard and try to win something, was it capstand or 6-pack and complain when you did not win.

Like everyone has also already told it's art so it's hard to say which one is best as others like different things more and you can't tell who won without saying which one you preferred as with other stuff.

• Congratulations to the winner, I just read the comments and I don't understand why some people are so aggressive, it's just for fun.

GGs!

• I just read everything above and I must say, what a beautiful debate about haters. In my opinion, haters are always going to be present on the internet. There is no way to get rid of hate. The people that said bad things are not necessarily bad themselves. I think it’s part of their mourning for not wining, hate goes in the process before acceptance. For some people it shows more and for others less. Nevertheless, it’s the internet so you will for sure see tons of stupid things as well as tons of intelligent comments.

Views
29 out of 30