Ship speed exploit/hack?

• So I dont know if i'm missing something here or not but the last couple weeks my friends and I have seen galleons pull complete 180's in a matter of seconds with all sails down. Last week we saw a galleon do a 180 at about the same speed a sloop would with all sails down, and a couple weeks before that my buddy had witnessed a galleon basically anchor turn without ever dropping anchor and without ever losing momentum. Basically seemed as though Joe Neate himself picked up the ship, rotated it 180 degree's and dropped it.

Now am i missing something here or is their some new exploit or hack that I had never seen before that is allowing this type of stuff to happen? I have never seen, let alone had a galleon myself turn this fast before.

Views
  • you sure they aren't harpoon turning?

• Yeah I'd say they were most likely turning with a harpoon or mabye turned and had all four on the anchor and by the time it got done spinning would only take a few more seconds before the anchor was up again

• With the use of a harpoon rowboat you can even send galleons into 360+ spins.
    It's fun in the arena make pirates dizzy

• @wolfmanbush said in Ship speed exploit/hack?:

you sure they aren't harpoon turning?

100% positive. the galleon we saw last weekend was too far off shore to have anything to harpoon and the one a couple weeks ago my buddy had eyes on the entire time. Plus the movement of the turns themselves were far too smooth for it to be a harpoon turn.

• @kin6-nothin6 said in Ship speed exploit/hack?:

@wolfmanbush said in Ship speed exploit/hack?:

100% positive. the galleon we saw last weekend was too far off shore to have anything to harpoon and the one a couple weeks ago my buddy had eyes on the entire time. Plus the movement of the turns themselves were far too smooth for it to be a harpoon turn.

If it wasn't a harpoon turn my guess would be what Muirist posted and an anchor turn. Competent crews can pull those off with brigs and galleons without an issue as long as everyone is contributing

For the people that see or think they see odd or suspicious activity out there you should at least record the last minute of gameplay. Even I record a minute of gameplay and I don't make content or look for suspicious activities. The best way to help people help you with this sort of thing is video evidence and most people can capture gameplay these days on their devices without an issue

• @wolfmanbush said in Ship speed exploit/hack?:

@kin6-nothin6 said in Ship speed exploit/hack?:

@wolfmanbush said in Ship speed exploit/hack?:

If it wasn't a harpoon turn my guess would be what Muirist posted and an anchor turn. Competent crews can pull those off with brigs and galleons without an issue as long as everyone is contributing

For the people that see or think they see odd or suspicious activity out there you should at least record the last minute of gameplay. Even I record a minute of gameplay and I don't make content or look for suspicious activities. The best way to help people help you with this sort of thing is video evidence and most people can capture gameplay these days on their devices without an issue

Which i understand pulling off anchor turns and not having any hitches in it, but even anchor turns have a quick dead stop and dont allow you to keep momentum going due to the sudden stop unless your in a sloop, at least from my experiences with them. What made it so weird and suspicious was how smooth both were. their was no hard turn, hard stop, nothing that would indicate an anchor had dropped or harpoon was used.

Views
6 out of 7