Mango Puma and the Shadow of Avarice

• Arr, mateys, ‘tis I, Mango Puma. I been sailin’ the seven seas with me parrot, Habanero, and me monkey, Chutney, a-lookin’ for treasure and fightin’ off the greedy, filthy pirates that threaten me livelihood, which be…
    piratin’.

It’s a rough life, says I.

How do I do it, says ye? With me newest—and favoritest—role-playing MMO game, Sea of Thieves. It’s a game of high adventure, suspense, and mystery on the high seas.
    Har be some pictures of me, me pets, and me ship, the Avaritia Umbra, for thine eyes to consider.

Arr.

Okay, enough of that over-the-bounding-main stuff; it hurts my throat. Let me introduce myself. I’m a Californian that started playing Sea of Thieves about the first of February, 2021, and I joined this group a day ago. I've been really enjoying the game.

After the grinding of Rise of Kingdoms, Archeage, and others, it's refreshing that the grinding in SoT is fun and adventurous and completely optional for enjoying the game. Archeage, which I originally began for the ships, was beautiful and allowed for detailed character development, but it also had an awful grind for power, which left me extremely weak vs the 30-hour-per-day, drain-mother’s-bank-account players.

I also like the idea that the rewards for successful adventures in SoT are the aesthetics, as I am really into colors, clothing design, and ships. I take a lot of screenshots of my pirate, Mango Puma, my ship, Avaritia Umbra, and the scenery (sunsets, etc.). I have pretty much settled on Mango’s outfit and ship décor.

Speaking of visuals, I recently changed my pirate’s appearance with Pirate’s Appearance Potion. I liked my first face a lot, but he was quite serious and tough-looking. Inspired by videos of pirate musical bands on Youtube, I wanted a pirate of somewhat lighter character. I started my selection procedure intent on a heavy-set man with Asian features, but saw another that really stood out with absolutely wonderfully jovial expression. So, he is my Mango Puma.

alt text

Views
1 out of 1