Best way of reporting hackers.?

• Hi what's the best way of reporting hackers, but I want to wait a little while as not to give suspicion it was me.

I know he was hacking because he said he was and also sent screen shots of what he could see.

Views
    questiongeneral
  • @stroro Ahoy matey!

We take our Community Code of Conduct seriously. We will take action on accounts that we determine to have breached our Code of Conduct or the Microsoft T&Cs. Account actions can range from warnings and suspensions to permanent account termination from our game and services at our discretion, where doing so would be in the best interests of Rare or our customers.
    If you believe that someone has broken our Code of Conduct or the Microsoft T&Cs, please read the article at the link below and create a support ticket. This will be reviewed and the appropriate action taken by our support team.

How to Report a Player

• @stroro said in Best way of reporting hackers.?:

I know he was hacking because he said he was and also sent screen shots of what he could see.

that's got to be the worst pirate I've ever seen

• @wolfmanbush said in Best way of reporting hackers.?:

@stroro said in Best way of reporting hackers.?:

But he didn't use the gun aimbot, because that was cheating according to him :(

• @stroro I'm having a hard time believing this tbh. I've been called a hacker plenty of times and have said sarcastically that I am. Everyone does that. If he sent screen shot proof why not post it here?

Hi what's the best way of reporting hackers, but I want to wait a little while as not to give suspicion it was me.

i'm hacking i have aimbot the last one i joke about when i make a good cannon shot i think he was joking around but save those screenshots to onedrive if he wasn't and then if you have an imgur account put them on there then open a support ticket put the screen shots on there and the devs will take action if he was truly hacking

• @wolfmanbush said in Best way of reporting hackers.?:

@stroro said in Best way of reporting hackers.?:

or he was joking around like you are now

• @hurricanegriz said in Best way of reporting hackers.?:

@stroro I'm having a hard time believing this tbh. I've been called a hacker plenty of times and have said sarcastically that I am. Everyone does that. If he sent screen shot proof why not post it here?

he can't it's against forum rules

• @closinghare208 said in Best way of reporting hackers.?:

@hurricanegriz said in Best way of reporting hackers.?:

@stroro I'm having a hard time believing this tbh. I've been called a hacker plenty of times and have said sarcastically that I am. Everyone does that. If he sent screen shot proof why not post it here?

Then I guess I'm just going to stay skeptical about this ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• @hurricanegriz said in Best way of reporting hackers.?:

@closinghare208 said in Best way of reporting hackers.?:

@hurricanegriz said in Best way of reporting hackers.?:

Then I guess I'm just going to stay skeptical about this ¯_(ツ)_/¯

me too

• @closinghare208 The guy was boasting that he was using it saying you load it after logging on so the "Detecting fake coins" part doesn't detect it, (if that does anything at all). He sent me several screen shots, via discord, of what he sees. I would post the screen shots on here but I am sure it will violate forum rules, especially when you can see the name of the tool using watermarked on his game window and searching that you can see examples of the hack working on YouTube.

The screen shot he sent showed a list of ships on the server, and the name of the players on that ship. It also showed the distance to objects and the content of barrels.
    When sailing he could tell me the direction of the ships that I couldn't see as well as the distance in metres and tell me it was a 3 man galleon for example.

I've reported it, but I doubt anything will be done about it.

• @stroro If you sent those screenshots to support I wouldn't doubt it at all.

Action will be taken to mitigate these hacks.

Thanks for doing your part in keeping the seas safe from these players!

@closinghare208 The guy was boasting that he was using it saying you load it after logging on so the "Detecting fake coins" part doesn't detect it, (if that does anything at all). He sent me several screen shots, via discord, of what he sees. I would post the screen shots on here but I am sure it will violate forum rules, especially when you can see the name of the tool using watermarked on his game window and searching that you can see examples of the hack working on YouTube.

The screen shot he sent showed a list of ships on the server, and the name of the players on that ship. It also showed the distance to objects and the content of barrels.
    When sailing he could tell me the direction of the ships that I couldn't see as well as the distance in metres and tell me it was a 3 man galleon for example.

I've reported it, but I doubt anything will be done about it.

i've never heard of this but i will keep watch

• @stroro

Just some advice, he could be yanking your chain.

Report him for sure but I'm just letting you know that if after you report him and a month goes by and you see him STILL playing Sea of Thieves don't rush to the forums and post "I reported this blahblahblah and hes still playing the game. RARE DOESN'T CARE RABBLE RABBLE!!"

You got tricked or something else.

Most reports are groundless but even then players can troll you into thinking their hacking.

I don't know the whole story of how you came to know this person or whatever, but sometimes players will make other players believe they hack or cheat just so that every time they come online it makes the player who reported angry.

So just becareful and a heads up.

• Can Rare not take the companies producing the hacks to court?

I believe Blizzard Entertainment did this to reduce Overwatch hacking

• @phantaxus said in Best way of reporting hackers.?:

Can Rare not take the companies producing the hacks to court?

they could but court is expensive and they should just ban the players using them if they really are they go to court to take down those hacking companies

• @closinghare208 said in Best way of reporting hackers.?:

@phantaxus said in Best way of reporting hackers.?:

Can Rare not take the companies producing the hacks to court?

they could but court is expensive and they should just ban the players using them if they really are they go to court to take down those hacking companies

It is also a PR nightmare. Epic games took a 14 year old to court over hacking claiming several million in damages.

• @phantaxus

The EULA aside. Gaming companies can't really sue you for changing their game files client side. Once you purchase something it belongs to you, you can do whatever you want to it. They can't enforce something like that.

However, when you alter your game files and then use their online services to play multiplayer, thats when you are crossing the line.

In all honesty gaming companies have options where they can eliminate cheating in games pretty harshly but it won't happen because the player base won't allow it. Those practices are usually too invasive.

Views
questiongeneral
1 out of 18