Why?

• [Mod edit]

I was playing with a friend, so 2 person boat. Twice we were attacked by galleons of 4 people, without the possibility of doing anything.
    They killed us without destroying the ship, so we kept spawning on the ship and dying to them spawnkill us.
    Even when we tried to escape to dry land, they also attacked us there.
    How is it possible that there is no safe zone on this game?
    What do you find funny about ruining other people's gameplay?

Views
  • @globalmold6 Ahoy matey!

I appreciate the frustrations but we have a profanity filter on the forums for a reason, to try to keep this place family-friendly. I have removed the line where you attempted to bypass the filter.

Thanks for helping to keep this place family-friendly, and sorry to hear you had a bad time on the seas!

• @globalmold6

• @globalmold6 just scuttle or change server...
    This game has no safe zones and won't ever have them...deal with it...

• The slaughtering of clueless arrivals never gets old for many players.
    Try not to make it easy for pirates to gank you.

Nothing personal, it's just that death is inconsequential here.
    So it doesn't really matter, ok?

My theory is that we tend to lose our moral compass when we pass through the Shroud.

• @globalmold6
    Get used to it. Unfortunately spawn camping exists in most games with PvP, and it's like pulling the wings off of flies for some players, they get some perverse pleasure from it. You will have to learn to fight, or get really good at running. I still lose most PvP fights, but if you stay alert you can mitigate some losses by avoiding surprise attacks. A tactic I started using, mostly when soloing is just running off the map, sure you lose your loot, but at least they don't get it. Make lots of trips to outposts to sell your loot, so if you lose some it's not a whole days worth. Good luck.

• @globalmold6 said in Why?:

[Mod edit]

I was playing with a friend, so 2 person boat. Twice we were attacked by galleons of 4 people, without the possibility of doing anything.
    They killed us without destroying the ship, so we kept spawning on the ship and dying to them spawnkill us.
    Even when we tried to escape to dry land, they also attacked us there.
    How is it possible that there is no safe zone on this game?
    What do you find funny about ruining other people's gameplay?

welcome to sea of thieves have to use lfgs or discord or you can add me and i'll show ye the ropes and this game is like that

• @globalmold6 You can scuttle your ship at anytime, allowing you to spawn elsewhere.

• @shafti76
    I was playing earlier today in a two man sloop, I’m a relative noob, been playing about two weeks, my crew mate a little more experienced. We’re on our way to have a crack at Flameheart when his face disappeared from the sky. “Strange” we thought, but then it occurred to us that another player may have just completed the event, then we spot it, another sloop. Tell me which pirate wouldn’t see that prize and think, “they’ve just got a big payout and I want it.” So we proceed to raid, we’re spotted, the sloop flees, we struggle to catch up but spawned on by our greed we give chase right into the shroud. The ship starts to break so we turn back, but not before witnesses our quarry descend into the abyss. It was a fair tactic, was there treasure on the ship? Or was this a clever move that led us far away from where the treasure really was, a place that he/she could return once their ship had respawned?
    I think that is fair play to them. And a good move.

• @jw1066
    The best part is, if they’d turned to fight, we’re not that great, they may have won out and got the little loot we had on board.

• This game is complete anarchy filled with toxic trolls. That is what the developers want.

You bought a pvpve game so you better like PVP otherwise you will waste a lot of time.

wish I could return this turt.

Either you become a troll or you get trolled.

• @turtsucker said in Why?:

This game is complete anarchy filled with toxic trolls. That is what the developers want.

You bought a pvpve game so you better like PVP otherwise you will waste a lot of time.

wish I could return this turt.

Either you become a troll or you get trolled.

nah that's not really true and some people try to be nice but it happens and you're not suppose to bring back threads over a month old @Deckhands

• @closinghare208 Cheers! Dropping anchor :D

@turtsucker Ahoy! If you wanna have your say the join the discussion HERE me matey rather than resurrect a 2 month old thread. Any threads older than a month old are deemed necros and are locked. :)

Views
12 out of 13