Unplanned Maintenance - 10am GMT January 1st 2021 [CANCELLED]

• Ahoy maties!

Just sharing here for further reach.

Hopefully, we should be seeing the back of a few pesky issues pirates are facing during the Grogmanay challenges.

Happy New Year!

Attention pirates!

The Sea of Thieves servers will be offline on January 1st at approximately 10am GMT for unplanned maintenance. Please plan your voyages accordingly!

Views
  • A special thanks to the I.T teams at work on New year's Day.

Happy new year to Rare and the Community here's to 2021

• I wonder what needs such unexpected maintenance?
    Either way happy new year ya scurvy dogs!

• Might be the grogmany event or 12deeds not working properly perhaps 😅

• Are you able to share what the small fixes coming in this maintenance are? I personally have been experiencing many ping spikes and server stability issues and I am positive it isn’t my internet so I hope something is in here to improve it. 👍

• @l-snapper-l Ahoy matey!

The maintenance isn't aimed at fixing those issues - I suspect January's QoL updates will be more inline with fixing those.

• @musicmee You think it has to do with Season 1 (when is that starting? Jan. 1?).... or it more like some bugs with the Grog' Event (ie. some commendations, like the burning 20 skellies one, are not working for everyone?)

• @cameleonzzz Bugs with the events... Seasons will come as part of the January Update later in the month.

• @musicmee Got it. Thanks again.

• Ahoy maties!

Just an update...

This maintenance is now cancelled, no maintenance is required.

• @musicmee I keep on glitching like, im in the water, getting to the ladder, and then I find myself under the boat. Do you know why?

• @jzl5754 Sounds like a latency issue... you could be connecting to a regional server that is causing you some issues. Not seeing mass reports of this though.

• @musicmee thanks

• @musicmee
    So when are these comms going to start working for the event been nearly 2 full days now

• @captainstab1n Things should start easing up soon... a lot has been done behind the scenes to fix these issues.

A lot of players in game now should be noticing these tracking much faster now.

• @Musicmee Little question is there gonna be a link for the twitch drop video thing.

• @jzl5754 This one?

https://www.seaofthieves.com/twitch-drops

• @musicmee yea

• @jzl5754 Like you know there like the list of the days (at the bottom of the page) witch tells you when you collect the twitch drops and there like six boxes

• @Musicmee and do you have to watch the video live to collect the rewards?

• @jzl5754 You just need to watch any Partner streamer on the day of the reward for 20 minutes to earn the reward - you will see a Drops Enabled message on those streams on Twitch.

Make sure your Twitch account is linked to your Sea of Thieves account on the page I linked above too.

• @musicmee thanks

• Probably shouldn't have cancelled this. Event Tracking is not working again and Reputation / Gold awards are delayed by a few minutes.

• Happy New Year Rare ❤️❤️

Views
23 out of 24