Switching Default Device Audio Issue?

• Hello,
    Thanks for reading. I am having an issue where I only get sound from one audio output when playing, any other game is fine. Basically I have bluetooth headphones with an output for stereo and an output for calls and telephony and also I have speakers. I use the headphones with the calls and telephony option so I can hear my friends on discord and the ingame sounds. Im getting a separate microphone so that I can use the clearer quality stereo output on my headphones but when I switch to it or another device there is no game audio, same issue if I just use my speakers with my headphones off. Its as if the game only recognises that one particular output as the default device and I only get audio when I switch to it. Say if I wanted to play solo and use my speakers I would get no audio, but if i put my headphones on and use the calls and telephony output I would get audio, its very strange.
    Thanks in advance.

Views
    audiohardwarespeakerswindows 10headphones
  • @basilicanant70 I've fixed the issue, If anyone is having this problem, run the game, while it is running restart Windows Audio Services in Services (Local) by searching services.msc This is described for a microhpone issue in the FAQ but not for this specific problem.

Update: Just ran into another problem, the audio cut out after the intro. I disabled Handsfreetelephony and it sorted it. This is under control panel>Hardware and sound>Devices and printers>Right click your device (headphones in my case) and locate the services tab it should be an option here just make sure to apply and click okay.

• @basilicanant70 Thanks for the info, this fixed my sound.

Views
audiohardwarespeakerswindows 10headphones
2 out of 3