Quality of Life Suggestion - Buying Crates From Vendors.

• Alrighty, So I gave this much thought over time and spring boarded it with friends. I think the ability to buy things from vendors to get started would be awesome, it would give more use to the companies other than just informational and selling purposes.

All these things listed would not be re-sellable to another alliance/company/merchant. This would help cut down any possible exploits or gold farming. Also this could help give some new players an idea of where these items can be used and help other new players get started as well.

All items listed would be sold to the player without items/ammo.
    All items listed would only last for that session, or until lost.
    All listed items would not be re-sellable if stolen or quitting.
    All listed items would be usable per that session, so if you were to quit, these items would need to be repurchased.

Reaper Bones - Cannon Ball Crate - 5,000 Gold
    Gold Hoarders - Treasure Chest - 5,000 Gold
    Merchant Alliance - Storage Crate - 10,000 Gold
    Merchant Alliance - Wood Crate - 5,000 Gold
    Merchant Alliance - Fruit Crate - 5,000 Gold
    Order of Souls - Ammo Crate - 5,000 Gold
    Hunters Call - Grubs/Earthworms/Leeches - 5,000 Gold Per 10. (1 of each type per session.)

Really looking for some input on this one as I did attempt to give it thought as well get feedback from others to help make this a good suggestion.

Views
    feedbackgeneralxbox onecommunitywindows 10
  • @raesed-digital

Ability to pick up empy treasure chest and storage crate as we log in?

Will it improve startup loading? Yes? Count me in!!!

Order of Souls giving out ammo crates doesn't really fit them though.

• @greengrimz said in Quality of Life Suggestion - Buying Crates From Vendors.:

@raesed-digital

Ability to pick up empy treasure chest and storage crate as we log in?
    I dont see why not

Will it improve startup loading? Yes? Count me in!!!
    I would personally hope so, since it could mean less spawn on islands, which may reduce overall load time, which im always for.

Order of Souls giving out ammo crates doesn't really fit them though.
    I tossed that in under them because of the bounties they offer which majorly was hunting skellies.

• @raesed-digital

A small piece of advice, if I may: you must leave empty lines beneath each quote you make, so that your answer isn't a part of the quote itself.

And yes, I do like the idea. I've actually requested a similar thing in the past too, but my concept included only storage crate with random provisions. Usually the initial loadup of the ship is one of the most annoying things for me in this game.

@raesed-digital

A small piece of advice, if I may: you must leave empty lines beneath each quote you make, so that your answer isn't a part of the quote itself.

And yes, I do like the idea. I've actually requested a similar thing in the past too, but my concept included only storage crate with random provisions. Usually the initial loadup of the ship is one of the most annoying things for me in this game.

yea, i dont use the forums much, so i just posted it as i could.

• Pros: good way to spend money. For those who want crates really quick.

Cons: waste of gold if you are suddenly attacked and sunk. Only the rich can buy(so new players be disadvantaged)

• @burnbacon said in Quality of Life Suggestion - Buying Crates From Vendors.:

Pros: good way to spend money. For those who want crates really quick.

Cons: waste of gold if you are suddenly attacked and sunk. Only the rich can buy(so new players be disadvantaged)

Maybe then the cost could be scaling based on your level with that company?

• @raesed-digital said in Quality of Life Suggestion - Buying Crates From Vendors.:

Alrighty, So I gave this much thought over time and spring boarded it with friends. I think the ability to buy things from vendors to get started would be awesome, it would give more use to the companies other than just informational and selling purposes.

All these things listed would not be re-sellable to another alliance/company/merchant. This would help cut down any possible exploits or gold farming. Also this could help give some new players an idea of where these items can be used and help other new players get started as well.

All listed items would be usable per that session, so if you were to quit, these items would need to be repurchased.

Hunters Call - Grubs/Earthworms/Leeches - 5,000 Gold Per 10. (1 of each type per session.)

Really looking for some input on this one as I did attempt to give it thought as well get feedback from others to help make this a good suggestion.

The prices are reasonable enough where wouldn't get it on a whim but cheap enough to buy it when we need it.

I think its a good idea.
    I like it. I hate having to hunt for supply crates every session.

• @burnbacon said in Quality of Life Suggestion - Buying Crates From Vendors.:

Pros: good way to spend money. For those who want crates really quick.

Doubt everybody (even rich players) will be purchasing all 6 types or more (given that they wish to pick up a few treasure chests).

For example, I have over 16 000 000 gold, and if I am given this opportunity I don't think I will be purchasing more than just 1 storage crate.

But generally, the prices can be ajusted to something even more symbolical. Point is, this QoL idea really is great and harmless.

• @raesed-digital said in Quality of Life Suggestion - Buying Crates From Vendors.:

Alrighty, So I gave this much thought over time and spring boarded it with friends. I think the ability to buy things from vendors to get started would be awesome, it would give more use to the companies other than just informational and selling purposes.

I say negative to the idea of purchasing crates.

Reason 1 - Stocking up when you load in is a choice. Not mandatory at all. You can leave immediately and pick up supplies on the way to your destination.

I remember seeing in a recent stream someone asking the devs about this but it made no sense and the way they played seemed to be horribly inefficient.

They talked about how they had to "VISIT" islands to find rowboats or storage crates and that it would cause them to delay their voyage.

Why would anyone need to do any of that?? Just go to where you are going, shoot off to an island as you drive past it, harpoon the barrels that continuously spawn in front of your ship and then jump off for more supplies.

Anyone who is stationary or driving out of their way to pick up supplies in the beginning is just not thinking straight.

Not mandatory, pick up as you go. You'll have a ton of supplies.

Reason 2 - It gives players who die too great of an advantage when coming back. Purchase crates, unload the outpost in less than a minute and get back into the battle with a full set of supplies. Players with a 20m gold will have a huge advantage against new players starting out. Ignoring the fact that loot is everywhere and you can get 100k in a session, not everyone is that competent if you didn't realize from the above reason.

Resource management is a skill. How you spend the time and when you spend it is part of that skill.

My boats are always stocked and I leave the outpost when I load in most times when I'm not taking a slow day.

I say nay nay

• ^ this plus to get supplies is part if the gameloop.
    All it would do is create a big imbalance between seasoned pirates and newer ones.

• I'm all for it. I don't think people saying that it would create an imbalance or make it unfair to poorer pirates understand how easily you could fix that. Just make it so that you can only buy 1 or 2 crates per day. This way the amount of supplies are limited, and rich players can't just buy thousands. Besides, if someone logs in and buys supplies, isn't that good? It means they'll be decked out and that would make a better fight, rather than fighting someone with next to no supplies.

• Perfect suggestion! I am ALWAYS dying for a storage crate when I first load in. I don't feel like this creates an imbalance at all, coming from a pretty new player who only has about 20 hours in the game so far. (Then again, maybe since I'm so new I don't see how it COULD be imbalanced...?)

It just makes sense. The vendors/alliances in this game desperately need some new features and this would be a big step in the right direction.

• @mferr11 said in Quality of Life Suggestion - Buying Crates From Vendors.:

I'm all for it. I don't think people saying that it would create an imbalance or make it unfair to poorer pirates understand how easily you could fix that. Just make it so that you can only buy 1 or 2 crates per day. This way the amount of supplies are limited, and rich players can't just buy thousands. Besides, if someone logs in and buys supplies, isn't that good? It means they'll be decked out and that would make a better fight, rather than fighting someone with next to no supplies.

I agree.
    It's a nice little quality of life update. Newer players just need to keep some gold aside. Plus having an actual use for gold is nice too.

• @xultanis-dragon

Brother, I don't think you've read the idea properly. The crates in mention are empty, not full of provisions.

The QoL improvement here is to save you the time of having to run to the ship to offload your pockets every time you fill them up.

@xultanis-dragon

Brother, I don't think you've read the idea properly. The crates in mention are empty, not full of provisions.

The QoL improvement here is to save you the time of having to run to the ship to offload your pockets every time you fill them up.

No I read it properly. If you look at my response I talk about the amount of time it takes for someone to clear out the outpost, not buy out the supplies.

I don't hate the idea. It would be nice to have but sometimes just because something would be cool doesn't mean it needs to be implemented.

Resource management is a thing. Lots of players complain about spending 15 to 30mins stocking up at the boat when they load in but the thing is, that isn't mandatory. When it comes to stocking up, its a choice. You can leave and start your adventure immediately and pick up supplies on the way.

I pretty much do that all the time now. Start the game and leave. I pick up supplies by shooting off to islands, harpooning the insane amounts of barrels that spawn in front of me repeatedly. You get like 2 to 3 spawns of barrels when going from one big island to the other.

It boils down to time management. My ships are always stocked, always.

SIDE NOTE One last thing I want to mention. Apparently the new way to play is to have all your supplies on the top deck ofyour ship in a storage crate. I have no idea who came up with this idea or why but keep doing it please. I can sink one ship and I have supplies for days lol. Why?? Its so bad to do that. Very first thing I do after I kill everyone is if I see storage crates on the deck, I throw them overboard.

Views
feedbackgeneralxbox onecommunitywindows 10
16 out of 17