Changes to the Sea of Thieves website

• Hello lovely pirates,

Our dedicated team of website wizards have been feverishly working away on some new website improvements for you, and we're delighted to let you know a big update is landing today! An all-new profile is now available for you to view your in-game progress on-site. It includes stats such as your reputation with the Trading Companies, your in-game items, Achievements and a sprinkling of surprising statistics to boot.

You can view your new profile page by clicking on your avatar as normal, then following one of the links in the updated sidebar. For those of you concerned about losing access to your Forum profile, fear not! The old style profile is still available to view and is now labelled ‘Forum Profile’, and that space will continue to serve up your Forum-related activity.

For those of you wanting to see your Notifications, just click on the little ship's bell to see all your Notifications since the last time you logged in.

This is only the start of many improvements coming to the Sea of Thieves website over the coming months, so please keep your eyes peeled for more updates as they become live.

Thanks everyone, and hope you enjoy the new functionality!

Views
  • Looks nice, but when I click my Avatar there is literally nothing aka blank space in the sidebar.. There is just "Welcome Back nAhTheGuy" and in the bottom "logout". It is just me or everyone has this issue ? No more "player profile" and "player account"

cheers

• @nAhTheGuy I assume there is a little bit of propagation delay because the old avatar slideout menu appeared on the forum, but the new one displays on the site (and is blank as you said).

I imagine it will appear eventually.

• Aside from the Profile Icon not allowing quick access to My Profile, this is an awesome update!

For those who don't know how to reach their profile without the Profile Icon, you can go there directly by clicking HERE.

• @nahtheguy sagte in Changes to the Sea of Thieves website:

Looks nice, but when I click my Avatar there is literally nothing aka blank space in the sidebar.. There is just "Welcome Back nAhTheGuy" and in the bottom "logout". It is just me or everyone has this issue ? No more "player profile" and "player account"

cheers

Same here. Right now I am on my phone. Haven't checkt on PC yet.

• @xtinamcgrath These are wonderful changes. Looks great!!

• I loved it all, everything is changing and we can finally see our stats in a simple and beautiful way. Thank you!

But I still think it would be interesting for us to have changes in the Forum as well, some things I mentioned in another post and could help here. I will paste here the post I made, maybe it is something relevant.

Put the search in evidence
    I believe that with a more evident search bar, the number of posts on the same topic, and discussions, have decreased. On the desktop it is hidden, but on the phone it is even worse.

The search should be in evidence in the menu bar up there, even if it is an icon that opens the bar, a simple thing to code.

Search results
    In addition to the search system being precarious, showing posts that are often out of date, the advanced search remains closed.

My proposal here is that when searching, by default, return the search for the most recent to older posts, and that the advanced search has more prominence, being a button or something that makes the user notice that it is there.

Bump
    We currently have a flood of posts with negative comments going to the top and good posts with good ideas being forgot by the lack of comments. Currently it is the comments that bring the post up, not the upvotes.

I have already proposed that people comment more on good posts and ignore repeated ones, but the truth is that it does not and will never happen.

My proposal is that the upvotes bring the posts up too.

Downvotes
    A controversial feature, but I believe it will help a lot. In the same way that as I mentioned in my suggestion, the upvotes would take the post up, being highlighted, the opposite should happen.

The idea is that the user also loses reputation if he receives downvotes.

First topic
    Currently a user who has just registered can create a topic. This makes the forum receive lots of duplicate and unuseful posts.

The idea here is that only users with more than 1 week (Sailor) of registration can create topics.

Follow
    It is currently possible to see new posts from users, but not their comments. Many of us don't create topics, but comment a lot.

I believe that a change here would be interesting, so that the comments of the users we follow are also shown in our notification.

Bugs section (@realstyli Idea)
    A section that users could post their bugs and the community could answer. Actually these posts are always locked and the user redirected to the support ticket.

• Bravo! Very good work; precisely the kind of functionality that the website needed. Now the only thing is to get some of the aspects of the website (events, daily bounties, etc) into the tavern, as well as a little more stats on our profile.

• This is a fantastic addition! Ever since the first little "How did your Pirate do this Year" thing where we got to see statistics like this, I've always been curious! Now my crew and I can all laugh at how many times we've seen megalodons while that pale spectre evades us!

• @xtinamcgrath regarding the overview and specifically the reputation page of the profile, is there in the works or already an option to share the page to other players i.e I would like to have a link that I can share on my twitch and in the community discord for those interested in seeing my progress with the commendations for each event going back to launch and to see what ones they missed.

Views
1 out of 10