Voice chat does not work no matter what

• Hi. Ever since I started regularly playing this game (whenever Microsoft did the first 1$ game pass promotion) voice chat has not worked for me. To be clear, it works for everyone else - I can hear my friends, I can hear other players who aren't my friends, I can hear them in megaphone and normal directional chat, all works fine. But for my own microphone it has never worked, nobody can hear me. I have the privacy settings in Windows set right, the Xbox app audio set right, the permissions in Xbox.com set right, my microphone works in every single other app on my computer which is many, but ONLY in this game it has never ever worked for me. I use a condenser microphone connected to a Focusrite 2i2 audio interface, which is connected to my PC via USB. I tried all the normal fixes that are usually offered when people's voice chat won't work in the game. Can anyone offer any help? I'm big on player interaction and it really sucks that it has never worked.

Views
  • @bertie-sanders Did you find a fix for this? Using a Focusrite Scarlett and done the same as you, nothing working

• Have you checked your in-game settings?

• Same issue here, used the mic with my GF's PC and I could use it in SoT fine, put it back in my PC and no go, there are no audio settings in Windows and SoT that I have not fiddled with to get this to work, super frustrating!

• So after running into the same problem on a brand-new PC and months later being fed up with looking at how all my speaking trumpet skins were useless I poked around the sound settings again and managed to get it working! The best way I can describe what did it was disabling all other inputs in Windows 10 sound settings so that SoT was forced to acknowledge the Focusrite as -THE- microphone. The Scarlett 2i2 had an input icon of an audio jack instead of a mic so it seemed to be treated as a non-mic even though it was set to the default device. If you try my solution and aren't having any luck, message me via the Xbox messaging system and I'll help you when I can!

• @helian-tc I would kiss your face if I could you bloody legend. IT WORKED FINALLY!! I have a scarlet 2i2 and professional studio mic and streaming is difficult on Sea of thieves when you can't interact with people lol, only your crew. Thanks, dude

Views
3 out of 6