[MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Adventure Cross Play Opt Out Discussion & Feedback

• After reading through these posts and prior threads post opt out the general consesus was that 'Xbox players would find out that they are just getting killed by other good xbox players' 'I have xbox players on my crew that rule!' 'Xboxers whining but they arnt getting killed by pc players they are just crying because the got killed by xbox players that are good'
    All of these backed up with smugness and tons of upvotrs. Now ofc non of this turned out to be true and the opt out is a blazing success and 99% of the forums is fine with it. It didnt ruin the game, it didnt split the playerbase too much.
    Everything pc players said was proven wrong.
    Now it has changed to 'All xbox players suck thats why you can kill everyone easier' 'You just wanted an easy mode' 'You need to get good at the game you are scared of pc'

Its strange that before there were vast amounts of good xbox players that were killing opt out wanters. But now the opt out is here all xbox players are trash and just wanted an easy mode.

How strange is it that the narrative changes every time pc players get proven wrong. Just imagine how many other things could of been ruined by their close minded delusion. Imagine all the people they killed in force crossplay thinking they were the greatest player that had ever lived to find out they were basically playing agaisnt a guy with one hand. The cold icy reveal of the truth and the same psycological block we see in the office on a day to day basis.

Never be bullied by people with their harsh words and tactics and hivemind assaults and denial. Im proud of what was done with opt out and that people stood strong for it and won, in the end it should go down in the history books as humanitys stand agaisnt the downfall of gaming.

• @gracie-grog6769 No one said "you just want an easy mode" only tiny minority of immature kids, the main reason is that Rare caved in to a salty players who made up facts without looking at the actual truth.
    What really riled up everyone is when they started to call pc players trash toxic hackers (as everyone hacks but it was even stated that the amount of hackers was very small and one update got rid of them for good) then pc community members and xbox players destroyed them with actual facts like Ben Shapiro.
    Intead of hearing out facts they decided to wear blinders and ignore reality, pc players are just as fun people to play with and crossplay is awesome.

• @gracie-grog6769 nah mate.

To be fair the hypothetical stats you pulled out of thin air really dont help your arguement here.

As of last official declaration, it was shown that only 7.5% of the player base chose to opt out.

It's a minority pool.

The bottom line is that most xbox players still prefer to play on cross play, statistically.

A lot of the arguments that a small amount of vocal opt out users made their case on are extremely hypocritical as well.

• @faceyourdemon said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Adventure Cross Play Opt Out Discussion & Feedback:

@gracie-grog6769 No one said "you just want an easy mode" only tiny minority of immature kids, the main reason is that Rare caved in to a salty players who made up facts without looking at the actual truth.
    What really riled up everyone is when they started to call pc players trash toxic hackers (as everyone hacks but it was even stated that the amount of hackers was very small and one update got rid of them for good) then pc community members and xbox players destroyed them with actual facts like Ben Shapiro.
    Intead of hearing out facts they decided to wear blinders and ignore reality, pc players are just as fun people to play with and crossplay is awesome.

Crossplay on this game is awful, people are still upset over the amount of cheats and hacks. People on pc still cant get arena matches on pc lobbies while xbox opt out games run all day non stop. Terrible. Rare had the stats there is no way they would upset the extremly sensitive pc playerbase unless there were glaring issues.

• @troubled-cells 7.5% was the figure a week after it was put into effect. Still to this day not advertised. I play with people everyday and talk to people everyday that have no idea it was a thing and now return to the game.
    Told my friend about the new level caps the other day and he said he would be excited if it wasnt crossplay. But did he sound happy when he found out.

Anyway guys made my case now I gotta fly, good fortune on the seas everyone!

• People get banned because they repeatedly break the rules. It's not that complicated.

• @d3adst1ck You sure you wanted to post that here?

• @musicmee Yeah, I was referencing a few different posts that are trying to find a well fitting tinfoil hat by starting a conspiracy theory on who gets moderated.

• @d3adst1ck Ahhhh thought you were replying to the other thread asking about moderations... My bad. Apologies.

• @gracie-grog6769 said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Adventure Cross Play Opt Out Discussion & Feedback:

@faceyourdemon said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Adventure Cross Play Opt Out Discussion & Feedback:

@gracie-grog6769 No one said "you just want an easy mode" only tiny minority of immature kids, the main reason is that Rare caved in to a salty players who made up facts without looking at the actual truth.

Crossplay on this game is awful, people are still upset over the amount of cheats and hacks. People on pc still cant get arena matches on pc lobbies while xbox opt out games run all day non stop. Terrible. Rare had the stats there is no way they would upset the extremly sensitive pc playerbase unless there were glaring issues.

You literally made me laugh the devs themselves presented the numbers, when opt out launched only 7.5% opted out so i can safetly say that you are the minority.
    Those pc players who thinks that the arena is empty are just wrong, there was a common bug in the arena that resulted in people just staying at the lobby for ages.
    You cant be more wrong and just wait till Sea of Thieves will come to Steam, no one will even know what is opt out with all the new players, you won the fight but lost the war because you are welcome to stay in your little players pond, we will enjoy crossplay.

• @gracie-grog6769 it certainly was.

Are you suggesting that 99% of the xbox player base plays exclusively on opt out ?

This forum unfortunately isnt representative of the entire player base my friend.

Here's the thing, like you, I also play with many xbox players on this game, the majority of which still choose to play cross play in full knowledge of the "preference" being a thing.

Its curious how cognitive bias works isnt it.

Rare also indicated that they expected the split to hit these numbers.

Taking both points of view and experiences in to account, I would wager that 7.5% hasn't shifted much either way since implementation.

My personal experience with the preference has been poor.

• Excuse my ignorance but I'm not entirely sure what the opt out of cross play is intended to achieve.

Both PC and XBox players have a choice to use either a controller or a keyboard and mouse and an XBox can potentially out perform or be out performed by a PC that meets the required specification to run the game depending on the model of XBox and the precise specifications and performance of the PC.

• @chris5626 said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Adventure Cross Play Opt Out Discussion & Feedback:

Excuse my ignorance but I'm not entirely sure what the opt out of cross play is intended to achieve.

Both PC and XBox players have a choice to use either a controller or a keyboard and mouse and an XBox can potentially out perform or be out performed by a PC that meets the required specification to run the game depending on the model of XBox and the precise specifications and performance of the PC.

Read through the thread and you will see lots of xbox posts filled with upvotes about the massive difference in this game between xbox and pc. Namely pc can cheat easily within a couple of minutes freely and get away with it, including aimbot, xray through walls etc. Most xbox players use a controller because its a couch tv system so you get destroyed by a pc player on mouse and keyboard. Pc players have graphic options so they can unlock a massive difference in frames while the xbox is stuck at 30fps. Which makes a big differencd try xbox one x mode on improve graphics or improve frames to 60fps on monster hunter. The 60fps person will literally teleport all over the place.
    This is a small selection of things there are people here that know a lot more than me.
    Rare knee from their metrics that it was true and implemented the opt out. Since then its been better than anyone could of imagined. No one goes back once they have a taste of it.
    It feels like sea of thieves is finally on Xbox, and to back it up many other games have had terrible experiences making crossplay to pc. It should remain crossplay to xbox to ps.
    Pretty much every other game has a day 1 option its insane this didnt. So many players lost but mistakes can be learned from.

• @gracie-grog6769 sorry but that's a lot of hot air you have there in my opinion.

The numbers dont lie, the majority of the playerbase plays in cross play.

Opt out is literally the vocal minority.

The posts and upvotes you speak of have been ratiod many times , against the preferences favour, more than I care to remember, it's nowhere near the majority you seem to think it is, not to mention the various alt accounts created by some pro opt out users in this thread.

I also see you are new around here and to the game, with only 1 voyage complete , 3 islands visited, and a handful of entry level achievements earned since January, so please forgive me if I cautiously question the credibility of the many many sessions with xbox players you implied to have played with.

Welcome to the community, I see you are friends with princess as well, hope you enjoy your time here.

• @gracie-grog6769 Well you mentioned the different types of control input used but both PC and XBox players have a choice here as to whether they wish to use keyboard and mouse or controller. It's not the format here that makes the difference it's the input which is optional.

You've mentioned game performance but again this varies depending on the model of XBox and the spec and performance of the PC. You can't make the blanket assumption that in all cases and scenarios a PC will outperform an XBox for this game.

The only thing mentioned is cheating which isn't impossible on console but is considerably more difficult than on a PC and whilst there will be players that cheat disabling cross play doesn't actually address that problem, 92.5% of players are still able to encounter them, the solution to cheating is robust anti-cheat measures.

• @troubled-cells

Don't even bother with him. He's using an alt account. Whose, doesn't matter. Probably the same person whose been making a few alt accounts left and right.

You can tell because he said

Told my friend about the new level caps the other day and he said he would be excited if it wasnt crossplay. But did he sound happy when he found out.

He has experience with the game on a different account obviously. Its really funny that they keep making new accounts to make it seem like more and more people are siding with them.

@Gracie-Grog6769

Frame rates don't make you a better player or a bad player. You didn't lose because someone had more frames then you, you lost because they were better.

This game isn't a FPS game and there are no head shots or body shots or limb shots. Most fights happen in tight corridors and bottle neck positions.

When opt out happened, xbox players did find out they weren't as good as they thought they were. If you listen to the people who are actually good at the game when they talk about opt out, they say its like shooting fish in a barrel. Everyone in opt out is crazy easy. Almost my entire crew is on Xbox and they tell me its like stealing candy from a baby, easy targets everywhere. Not to mention I tell them to say they are on PC when they kill them just to add a little more fuel to the fire and guess what, they players believe them and get MAD lol. Xbox players also exploit the match making to create server alliances. Its like they avoid PvP even against themselves.

Xbox players are general casual players. Its a "family" console. You are going to have more casuals then actual gamers.

Xbox players are even talking about PC players hacking in opt out servers. Funny right? How even when they play against other xbox players if they suspect hackers, its PC again. Its freaking hilarious.

The prejudice is real. Cross play is the way of the future, which is why the chipset and the coding language is going to be identical between xbox, ps5, and PC. They are going forward with it.

I just wonder how much longer you can carry on the "its a console" argument when its literally a PC. Its just labeled a console.

• @gracie-grog6769 Well said, we can only hope Rare wisened up and realised their mistake of not listening to their customers once and apply it in the future too. Opt-out was their best decision since the begening of the game, and their second best will be PVE servers once they finally come. (Spoiler alert: because they will come 😀😀😀😀)

• @xultanis-dragon personally I''m 90% certain the he is a she.

Someone's "following" tab has pretty much given the alt game away.

I feel bad for that individual, that they feel they had to go to those lengths to try and propagate a forum thread....

But anyway...

The bottom line is that opt out is literally the vocal minority,.

The majority of xbox players choose to play cross play.

And PvE is just a delusion,

• @gracie-grog6769 yep i have found this to be true I have been telling players a opt out exists long after the update was added

• @tak225 it's because statistically the majority of xbox players just don't care for it, where as the same old vocal minority do.

• @troubled-cells seems to be doing well enough there was enough players that wanted it even if 1% of Xbox players wanted it then it was a worth while update and the fact is pretty poorly advertised aswell and hidden in the settings yet to find empty oceans on Xbox servers 👍

• @tak225 like I said many moons ago to you.

It's because matchmaking and merging received a update, and rightfully so, it needed it way before the preference existed.

I know deep down you want to believe it's the xbox preference population vastly increasing, but it really isnt.

Statistically preference purists are just a tiny vocal minority, and the majority of xbox players dont care for the preference at all.

• @troubled-cells maybe but you only have a early stat to back up your claim the truth is your none the wiser either no one knows the actual stats now and no matter the stats does not change my stance on the fact that players should have a choice on all cross play games it's a great thing that it's there and all games should have the options for all platforms involved in any cross play game and personally I have found the game better after this update even tho I think rare latest dlcs to the games are pretty 👎 and my interest in the game beginning to wane

• @tak225 that's extremely wishful thinking on your behalf again.

To summarise rare, that's how they expected the cards to fall.

Does it bother you that you are in the minority pool then & that statistically the majority of xbox players just dont care for the preference a vocal minority wanted?

If it doesn't then what's the problem?

Why would people even hang about for the sole purpose of a preference, if they are dissatisfied with the rest of the content / direction ?

Doesn't exactly give me the impression of a pool that is massively growing if you ask me.

• @troubled-cells there is players in there when I do play seems to be doing well and as I said you only have a early statistic no one knows how well it's doing and that's the facts really and even the 7% stat was pretty meaningless was it from the entire players base was it just the Xbox user base how many players are actually playing this game this game could be loosing users rapidly hence the steam release it's not like there a rock solid active users being known like when games are on steam they only like to share players numbers like the 10 million at E3 years ago and a large number of these player could have played the game once and never played again rare have never really shared rock solid numbers and very rarely I don't remember many instances when they have so most of it is hot air and I have only known them to share players that have played the game e3 10 million,and percentages never monthly active users but I don't watch the Dev updates anymore so if they do now I stand to be corrected but I have never known anyone to have hard players numbers on this game

• @tak225 Fortunately for me, the statistics show the actual ball park figure rare expects, so at least I actually have statistics.

You dont.

At least ones that support your narrative anyway.

As for the 7.5% sub category surely you would hope it's of the overall playerbase ?

Because if it wasn't that's even less players if its representative of the xbox pool, simple economics dictate this.

As for matchmaking issues or the lack thereof , that's down to the matchmaking and merging fixes that happened.

Not the opt out preference defense force lol.

Fortunatley for me I will be getting legitimate frequent stats of the steam player base real soon as well.

• @troubled-cells the steam stats would be something I would be interested in as I would expect alot of pc players will switch to that but still won't be much of a indicator to the overall player base and anything shared by rare currently is meaningless to any narrative as I said they don't share stats very frequently at all

• @tak225 you mean it's only "meaningless" in your opinion as it doesn't support your narrative, as you literally have no other evidence to support your opinion.

Sorry mate think I'm gonna take rares word over yours on this one.

I'm taking that as a yes, that being in the minority pool bothers you though, I literally see no other legitimate reason for you to be debating otherwise.

You got your minority pool, matchmaking and merging is fixed, so what else is the problem for you?

• @troubled-cells if a week in stat thats absolutely meaningless with no firm player numbers makes you feel better have at it I will take it as it's a pointless stat with no rock solid player numbers that ultimately means very little at this point 7% of a unknown player base that could have gone up or down it could be 1000s 100s Or single digits who knows and by now it could be 30-40% or even 1% if the player base the fact is they are not sharing these figures so it really don't matter

• @tak225 must clearly matter to you though as you are still here trying to argue for it.

Sorry mate, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you champion and choose to reside in what is undoubtedly the minority.

• @troubled-cells

I'm curious.
    Where are you getting your numbers from?
    Are you still referencing figures issued after 1 week of gameplay long ago?

• @needsmokes Joe Neate in one of the weekly updates said that only 7% opted out so its a pretty safe source.
    The silly fight of "what if more players have opted out by now?" Is nothing more then an opinion backed up by nothing, if you want to go that road ill be extremely generous and raise it up to 9% The numbers are still screaming that the vast majotity of Xbox players dont care in the slightest about opt out.

• @faceyourdemon

I thought so.. That number was given after only 7 days of it being implemented. Many weren't even aware it existed, many still aren't.

I couldn't care less how many play on which preference personally.
    I use both options when play, depending on who I play with.

But to quote those figures will only make me come back with a quote of my own which was also given by Joe.. After 1 month of the games launch, 1% of players were using a cheat, and this was a cheat exclusive to PC at the time. And only 15% of the player base then were playing on PC,S. So that meant 1% of that 15% of players were caught cheating..

Ah, official figures, I guess we have to obey they as if they were written in stone when given and still apply them today yes??

And on that note, opt out was welcomed by me.

• @needsmokes I remember that perfectly and he said less then 1% and he even said that it was a very small amount of player and they were dealt with long time ago.
    More then anything there is no one here that will defend their actions, none of us want to see them ever again.

• @faceyourdemon it's certainly curious though how he refers to the 1% of cheaters being on PC "at the time"

Nice foresight on indirectly acknowledging cheats, hacks and mods for console 👍

Either way those users were rightfully identified and banned.

Views
1712 out of 1778