Please stop asking Rare to cater to you

• Stop asking Rare to cater to the time frames you're able to play.

If you can't do 3 ships in 3 weeks you just don't deserve the commendation, you're not busy every day, you're not busy every weekend and if you are maybe you shouldn't be playing grindy games and go play Robloxs. Ranting about whether or not it's fair that you're required to find time to grind out the legendary commendations is ridiculous, stop it, they are legendary commendations for a reason, just come to terms with the fact that PERHAPS, JUST PERHAPS....you're not gunna get 100% completion and maybe that shouldn't be your main priority if your circumstances do not allow you to complete them, I'm not saying its your fault but it certainly isn't Rares and asking them to baby feed you is just embarrassing....you have three weeks, google the times of the specific crew spawns and adjust your schedule accordingly if (as is so apparent) it's that important to you to get them done. I'm glad they are hard for casuals, I'm glad that not everyone is gonna be able to get them all (unlike the silly chairs) it gives some sort of prestige to people who actually put in time and effort to make sure they get it done

Views
  • Lol.
    Thats great you dont contribute to society in any way and live in a basement where you can play a game at all times of the day. It obviously makes you feel more important as a person and gives your existence some slight meaning. You are such a much more important person than any of these so called filthy casuals. Thank you for your brilliant post.

Most people that play have you know a thing called a job, a family to support, people that enjoy their presence to spend time with, etc. A vast number of people can only play at certain times of the day. Its absolutely stupid that the event can only be done at certain timea in the game. It makes a large part of the content inaccessible for a lot of people. AND its a public forum. Anyone has any right to voice their opinion on any aspect of the game and comment on how they feel all the content may not be made available to them for any reason.

The same right that you have to make a post complaining about people asking for more accessibility, only no need to be a jerk about it amd act like your better than anyone because you can play a game all day, because news flash, your not.
    Its real easy to ignore threads , not click on posts, etx.
    Its a public forum. Ppl will share their veiws and you wont always agree with them, be a big boy about it. If you dont think rare should change anything thats fine, but people have a right to voice their opinions about it the same as you do.

@Deckhands nothing constructive will come out of this

• @shuoink you might ended up with a lost post for the put downs you use with sarcasm, but anyway aren’t there days of no work with people who have jobs. Isn’t there way to even let your kids play, hopefully ones older than 12, so you can get farther when you need to take care of them. Possibly trade off with your spouse if they have free time that you dont have, as well as vice versa if you both play. I’m just giving examples even if some may not be the best option. You have 12 hours to complete everything per day at most. The least is an hour to get one fleet done.

• @ducklol1337 but it's not 3 ships in 3 weeks. Its 3 ships per week for 3 weeks for a total of 9 different crews. And yes the spawn times are a bit awkward and going to make things a challenge for me. I basically work second shift. I play pirates most evenings late.

A more randomized calendar for the crews would be a bit better for most players. It's not about catering to one person's schedule but to be a little better for many peoples schedules.

And I'm not saying I'm super hard core but that's my view as a PL and AF 7

• Timed events FORCE you to alter your schedule. They force you to drop your friends/kids/partners. For anyone with an addictive personality disorder this is hugely dangerous.

I won’t be told when I have to play a game. These events are a total turn off.

• Or maybe Rare should make a game that continues to be fun and have meaningful lore and not just limit it to a short window of time you get to experience it. That is not what I paid to sign on for.

• @blackelite-id16 you signed something? I just bought a game that looked fun had progressive in game lore and had challenging and distracting events. Somethings aren’t all time limited you know.

• @tyburn-ketch addictive personality disorder would be highly suggest not to play this game for it is meant to be taken lightly.

Edit: also get told! I don’t see buses catering to people’s tight schedule.

• @ducklol1337 so we shouldn't even be able to experience all the content? Even if we try?
    I've put 11 hours in already for the Cursed Sails and I've seen the same battle twice....

Not all schedules are so easy to break is all I will say and locking it to 3 specific battles per week for 3 weeks is pretty shocking.
    Not bothered about legendary commendations, but I wanted to be able to earn those limited cosmetics as I have every other event so far.

Your post is pretty obnoxious I have to say as well in tone unfortunately but I'm not getting into that any further.

• Spoken like someone who doesn't have a job, let alone two jobs. Not all of us are available to play within such a small window of time because we have lives outside of the game. We all would like to be able to play as much as possible but for many of us it's simply not doable.

Acting like we're being unreasonable by asking Rare to maybe give players a little more time to do these types of events. It's not at all unreasonable.

I'm fine with special events being time restricted to a degree, but at the same time, I'm going to be making a huge life transition by moving to a new state and starting all over again. Not something that I can just get out of doing, plus my time will be spent adjusting to the changes and getting familiarized with the new area, leaving me with minimal time to play the update. I'm going to completely miss the third week because of the move, and might be unable to get internet hookup before it ends.

Of course, I'm not expecting Rare to cater to every individual person's schedule, but it would be nice if they'd keep events like this going for about a month or so, as to grant a wider majority of the players more time to do such time sensitive events.

Not to mention the fact that many of us work two jobs, if not a full time job. We can't just ignore work to play games instead. But I don't think you'd be able to understand that, based on your post.

• @cpt-vunderbar can’t you take days off and play Saturday and/or Sunday? Listen I’m just saying there is possibility if one chose to use it. I’m not telling you to do these said suggestions but remember there is a possibility for options. No one asks you to move either, it’s not an option with how much it won’t help you.

Edit: biggest problem would be you won’t get everything. Which isn’t the worst thing in the world.

• I have a busy schedule, and I sorta just take the hit of not doing certain things or sacrifice time to play extra. It is what it is, and a game most likely isn't going to change something because of schedules.

I missed 90% of the Mermaid Statues, but, oh well. I don't plan to miss out on this since it's a big event, but it'll be worth it. If not, then again, oh well. I've got other games I can play that I can relax on if I end up falling behind.

• @kawaii-dumpling now that’s the spirit!

• @weststormborn
    No, I can't just take off on Saturday and Sunday. I work at least 5-6 days a week, and Saturdays are one of my work days. Whatever I'm scheduled for to work, I do, because I don't have the luxury of not working. I have bills to pay and as I said, I'm moving out of my home state very soon, so there's a ton of preparations to be made for that on top of my normal schedule. The move is something that I cannot avoid, period. I have no say in the matter, and cannot stay in my home state due to extremely limited funds. Thus, the need to work rears it's head again, so I do what I have to, and play games when I get a chance. Many nights I'm not home until after 10 or 11pm.

• @kawaii-dumpling said in Please stop asking Rare to cater to you:

I've got other games I can play

@weststormborn said in Please stop asking Rare to cater to you:

@kawaii-dumpling now that’s the spirit!

I'm positive that's not in Rare's interest.

• @crimsonraziel not the other games I mean the be happy with what you get.

• @cpt-vunderbar sorry to hear that mate. I hope you can get as much as possible

• @weststormborn said in Please stop asking Rare to cater to you:

@cpt-vunderbar can’t you take days off and play Saturday and/or Sunday? Listen I’m just saying there is possibility if one chose to use it. I’m not telling you to do these said suggestions but remember there is a possibility for options. No one asks you to move either, it’s not an option with how much it won’t help you.

Edit: biggest problem would be you won’t get everything. Which isn’t the worst thing in the world.

My argument here is as follows:

• what if you work shifts?
    • what if you have a young family who you can't displace to play?
    • what if you're a carer with a strict routine?
    • what if you have a spouse who also games and wants to complete the event as well?
    • what if your spouse works shifts and is only home during the event when you would play?
    • what of the TV is locked down by someone else (shared house) when the battle you need is on?

Sadly the response from seems to be - "you're a casual - you don't deserve to be able to experience this content".

Love the game, always have, always defend it to the hilt of a cutlass... can't defend the decision making here...

• @sshteeve I don’t downplay casuals for their lack of time for sometimes it’s out of their hands. All I mean in what I say about these things is play to your preference and time and enjoy what you got with it.

Edit: sharing turns on the tv can be a nice compromise when both people want to play. I can’t give you the best options since I’m only a teen who has to live life with a kidney stone so I must make what I can with the pain.

@tyburn-ketch addictive personality disorder would be highly suggest not to play this game for it is meant to be taken lightly.

Edit: also get told! I don’t see buses catering to people’s tight schedule.

Buses are regular and frequent mate.

This game can be played by anyone with an addictive personality because it doesn’t have anything game enhancing to grind. Timed events (although similarly don’t offer anything game altering) do encourage you to play when you’re told however. Which makes “some” twitchy.

• @weststormborn I don't know if I can... the only battle available to me is also apparently the most annoying at Marauder's arch.
    I may just go and sit quietly out of the way for the rest of the event and collect my thoughts...

:, (

My chest of sorrows is filling my hull right now...

• @tyburn-ketch so far the times will be frequent through out all three weeks with no small change in minute so unlike a bus in traffic.

• @ducklol1337 Well, you certainly aren't very considerate of others... Thank goodness Rare is, though - they still listen to POSITIVE feedback (that is to say, "not rude" feedback), and that's what really matters. What you have offered is a rather rude criticism, not of the game, but of others. Doing so is not helpful to you, them, or Rare - and last time I checked, that's against forum rules. Be courteous to others, please - they have as much right to announce their displeasure to Rare as you do.

@WestStormborn While I see your viewpoint, I think that you'll find that most people have priorities and responsibilities that are on a whole other level to SoT, which is secondary to them as it is just a game - despite that, they obviously still care about it. I think it would be wise for Rare to cater to their casual audience, as it'll be what keeps more people playing. I have personally seen numerous games cater solely to their hardcore (whatever that's supposed to mean) audience and slowly die as a result. I'm fairly certain none of us here want that for SoT.

• @sshteeve I just wish the best for any playing the game. I hope you can overcome the marauder’s arch fleet. Maybe luck will shine on you with ships willing to alline themselves for battle.

@tyburn-ketch so far the times will be frequent through out all three weeks with no small change in minute so unlike a bus in traffic.

Eh?

Use some other way to explain your position. Buses make no sense.

I don’t drop everything to catch a bus. Rare (you) are asking me to drop everything to do a timed event. They’re totally different.

• @daantjebnl said in Please stop asking Rare to cater to you:

[Mod edited]

No. We don’t have the time. Nor should we be told by a game (or you) to make the time.

It’s not downgrading the game. It’s making it accessible to ALL. Not just teenagers with no jobs, no commitments or responsibilities and no life.

• @tyburn-ketch I got to drop my breakfast and pack out quick if I want to catch a bus in time to get to school, everyday. My schedule would need to be changed for example waking up early to get ready sooner. Finding the quickest and most efficient way to get my routine done. And the bus I’m giving an example of is a public bus, not a school bus. times I have to work with or get in deep trouble if I don’t.

Edit: I’m finding buses not a bad example.

• @sshteeve whaha seriously?
    If you don't have time DON'T play.what hobby requires 0 time?
    Do you buy a book report in stead of a book because you don't have time to read?if you fon't have time for a hobby either make sure you get payed for it, or rethink your life.

@tyburn-ketch I got to drop my breakfast and pack out quick if I want to catch a bus in time to get to school, everyday. My schedule would need to be changed for example waking up early to get ready sooner. Finding the quickest and most efficient way to get my routine done. And the bus I’m giving an example of is a public bus, not a school bus times I have to work with or get in deep trouble if I don’t.

Edit: I’m finding buses not a bad example.

You’re literally making no sense! The fact you mentioned a school bus says it all I’m afraid. You’ve got all the time in the world my friend!

• @tyburn-ketch In Cali, school buses wait for the mentally out there and disabled who can’t change their schedule do to genetics or freak accidents that’s why I say not a school bus. School buses here wait for you not the other way around.

@sshteeve whaha seriously?
    If you don't have time DON'T play.what hobby requires 0 time?
    Do you buy a book report in stead of a book because you don't have time to read?if you fon't have time for a hobby either make sure you get payed for it, or rethink your life.

Have you heard how obnoxious and offensive you are in your replies to people? Have a think buddy before typing away please.

I play on average 10 - 20 hours per week so don't patronise when discussing these things thanks.

• This isn't even an issue of catering to everyones shedules. It's simply bad design to make something like this available only at the same time. It's obvious that some people won't get to experience the event like this.
    Why can't some servers just have different times? As of yet, there's no reason servers need to be synchronized in time and date.
    Why are the skeleton crews even time specific?

"Oh, we're the scourge of the seas, but we only open wednesday to friday from 3 - 5 pm tehehehe!"
    Doesn't make any sense. They should just cruise around all the time.

I run my own start up, I'm working on a masters degree. That's easy 80 hours of work a week. I used to have a gf and a dog until recently, I'm going to the gym 3 times a week and have friends and hobbies other than SoT. I've accepted that I won't be able to complete every single event or unlock every single time limited item.
    I don't have a problem with that. But I have a problem with bad design decisions limiting my ability to complete events even further by setting some arbitrary timeframe.

[Mod edited]

I see you. Perhaps you’d like to crawl back under your bridge now?

Views
14 out of 41