[Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4

• @oneeeyedwilly I get your point. I just personaly really don't like splitting the servers, even temporarily.

I really hope they come up with another solution, or at least some more steps towards it soon, so we can all just enjoy the game and stop all this arguing. And if they decide to make crossplay optional? I'll be very dissapointed, but I won't stop playing. That's what we're all here for anyway.

I'll admit, when it comes to SoT, I really like the whole concept of the game, it's very different from most other games I've played. I might be biased toward the "fan boys" side of things. I'll still criticize things I don't like, but I'm probably willing to give Rare a bit more slack than some others. I have professional background in games and I should be objective, but I'm probably not.

• @jmftgtav thanks for the welcome. :) glad the topic changed a bit. And on your idea of controller only? That's just not gonna happen. That would be the worst solution ever, since it would shut off a big part of pc community. And many of those who'd stay, would just use 3rd party software to emulate controller on k/m.

• @sir-lotus Please explain how your "professional background" should make you more objective

• @jmftgtav i said i should be, based on knowledge and experience, but i'm not.

• @sir-lotus said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4:

@jmftgtav thanks for the welcome. :) glad the topic changed a bit. And on your idea of controller only? That's just not gonna happen. That would be the worst solution ever, since it would shut off a big part of pc community. And many of those who'd stay, would just use 3rd party software to emulate controller on k/m.

That is precisely the argument many PC players offer to Xbox players "use a 3rd party device to emulate k&m" It would put everyone on the same devices which would make cross play fair. It may not happen but it is a doable and immediate solution that keeps forced cross play intact. Which you repeatedly say you would hate to see made optional.

• Hey Rare Here is my opinion.

With the play anywhere anyone who owns this game on Xbox can play it on PC. They just have to do it.

I have both, I mostly play on PC. Because PC is easier controls. All games are like this, people insist on consoles. Consoles have their place. They are great for Couch Co-op games mostly, Splitscreening if you still do that. Otherwise Consoles are casual games.

This is where my console experience comes in. I play on console when i am casual, just doing voyages sailing about getting rep. Its just grind anyway. - whole nother topic there is lack of content - but since i grind i do it at leisure on console reclined back. When im doing skull forts I am at my battle station sitting upright infront of my PC.

So Please Rare ignore the difference in the 2 systems, With sensitivity controls and button mapping they are the same beast with different functions.

Also my wife prefers the Xbox and doesnt care that i could smoke her because she cares more about the comfort.

There are far bigger issues for you to worry about... namely the one i just listed above - more content plz already sick of the grind - no not cosmetics... tho many more of those are needed everyone looks the same

• @sir-lotus I'm curious what is your professional background?

• @jmftgtav a few years in video game journalism, a few in development.

• @oneeeyedwilly you could have just said that from the start but you wanted to be cool. and i guess you dont realize i play with and against pc players everyday, i dont see the issue at all my xbox friends who i play with dont complain or call out pc players for anything. which means that most likely what is happening here is salty xbox players who cant keep up or like to pvp are trying to push this forward. and yes if crossplay is disabled i would want a refund i purchased this game with the promise of crossplay. if they made this game exclusive for xbox i would play it on xbox if they made it exclusive for pc i would play it on pc. but they didnt they went crossplay so i can play with xbox and pc players with the same content no unfair weapons we are all on the same playing field, if i wanted to sail alone and not see another player for hours on end i would support pve and disabled crossplay. but i dont so i guess cross play stays and you guys just need to get good with the rest of the elite xbox players.

• @afro-silent Opinions like yours have been repeatedly voiced on this thread. Repeating the sky is not blue will never convince those who experience a blue sky that it's not. The get good line those of your opinion use as a crutch is not testable as there is no way to challenge someone to a PvP contest. Also anyone involved with the game development industry knows about the advantage of k&m over controller. Just read some articles on the subject. Even Rare, by attempting to level the playing field by way of tweaking controller funtionality, has acknowledged the advantage PC players have.

This threads mission should be to inform Rare that they have not delivered a fair gaming experience and should do what is possible to fix it.

• @jmftgtav and it is as you say an opinion which i am entitled. i do understand all that,its not that big a deal though i have tested this with my own xboxone. the whole get good was just for oneeyednilly as he likes to tell people to "git gud" and i do believe rare are doing what is possible to fix it giving xb players the ability to adjust sense is a step in the right direction but crossplay optional just doesn't make any sense, the only reason thats being thrown around is k&m is a little more accurate. thats just not good enough in my opinion.

• @afro-silent The fact that there is any difference in gameplay is more than enough reason for optional cross play. Also, the failure of the work around Rare is still trying to pass off as a means to bring balanced gameplay is not all they can do. They can offer optional cross play and they can remove k&m support for the game. Try asking yourself why they don't do these simple solutions.

• @jmftgtav
    Im pretty sure the answer is because they dont want to. Prolly cause they feel the game is pretty balanced. And i agree. They dont want us separated. The entire game was built with the purpose of making a game where pc and xbox could play togeather.
    Will they add optional crossplay one day?
    I doubt it.
    Can you change their mind? Maybe.
    I guess we will have to wait and see.
    Im still voting for no though.

• OMG stop droning on about the removal of cross-play, from what I've seen almost everyone is talking about optional crossplay....there is a huge difference believe it or not. So save your "I'll get a refund" rants because they are falling on deaf ears and just shows one thing....you enjoy smashing Xbox players, and feel intimidated by the idea of going against better PC players. Period. If PC players "only have a minor advantage" what's the problem here that you have about playing against fellow PC gamers?

• My problem is that Xbox player have advantage over lower spec pc players.

• @ducklol1337
    Thats not fair to say. Im on xbox and im against optional crossplay. As a matter of fact i would only play with pc players on my xbox if i could. MOST xbox players that complain about pc having an advantage are delusional. I see it everyday in these forums with exaggerated posts of pc players pulling off impossible feats.
    Im not saying they dont have small advantages. Same with xbox having an advantage over low end pcs. But its so small, most will never notice.
    My lvls are 45/36/28. With many, many hours just pvping and doin nothing but playin around. I also had many hours in the beta. And i have never seen a single person with an advantage over me. Everytime i have been sunk, and its not many, it has been mine or a crew members mistake that got us killed.
    We dont need optional crossplay. We need Rare to keep doin what they are doing and give xbox players more options to optimise their controls

• @nwo-azcrack said in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4:

@ducklol1337
    Thats not fair to say. Im on xbox and im against optional crossplay. As a matter of fact i would only play with pc players on my xbox if i could. MOST xbox players that complain about pc having an advantage are delusional. I see it everyday in these forums with exaggerated posts of pc players pulling off impossible feats.
    Im not saying they dont have small advantages. Same with xbox having an advantage over low end pcs. But its so small, most will never notice.
    My lvls are 45/36/28. With many, many hours just pvping and doin nothing but playin around. I also had many hours in the beta. And i have never seen a single person with an advantage over me. Everytime i have been sunk, and its not many, it has been mine or a crew members mistake that got us killed.
    We dont need optional crossplay. We need Rare to keep doin what they are doing and give xbox players more options to optimise their controls

You're the only delusional one here pal. Sorry to say.

• @ducklol1337
    Its the truth. Watch the Rare insider video i believe it is, about crossplay.
    They talk about the day the devs turned on pc and xbox play during development. And guess what.... no one noticed it.
    I guess the teams delusional too. Heres the link link text

@ducklol1337
    Its the truth. Watch the Rare insider video i believe it is, about crossplay.
    They talk about the day the devs turned on pc and xbox play during development. And guess what.... no one noticed it.
    I guess the teams delusional too. Heres the link link text

Haha yeah sure, you pull up in a Lamborghini in a C class race and tell me there's no noticeable difference xD whatever floats your dream boat my man. There is a reason, a very good one, why all cross-platform games are optional, doesn't take much to figure it out and this argument concerning it is absurd! Go hit up YouTube and search for XIM BF4 or XIM Black ops etc and try to tell me there isn't an advantage.....anyone who doesn't know the difference clearly have no experience whatsoever and frankly don't deserve a voice on this particular thread. Sorry it's just dumb how many of you are blind or just pretending to be

• @ducklol1337
    If this was a serious fps i would agree with you 100% but there is a reason all your actions have animations and reload times are so fierce. Believe what you want mate. Ppl on xbox are gonna sink you all the same if optional crossplay ever happens.

• @jmftgtav i would be okay with using a controller with pc i do with some games already rocket league dark souls ect i would still prefer this to optional crossplay. i just dont wanna see empty servers.

@ducklol1337
    If this was a serious fps i would agree with you 100% but there is a reason all your actions have animations and reload times are so fierce. Believe what you want mate. Ppl on xbox are gonna sink you all the same if optional crossplay ever happens.

This IS a serious FPS.

• @ducklol1337 Look, is there an advantage to being on PC, yes. I can admit it. Responses are better with a mouse and keyboard. HOWEVER, the truth is less than 20% of the player group is playing on PC. I don't know how many active players there are, but at the end of April it was said that 2 million copies of SoT were sold. Using that number that would mean 1.6 million Xbox players and 400K PC players. By my estimate that is 1 in every 5 players is a PC player. That means that your "Lamborghini" could show up maybe at most 4-5 times on a server of 24 players.

But let's be realistic, optional crossplay is a joke. It segregates the player base. It hurts only the PC players. There have been a few suggestions, but how about this solution if leaving it as is will not be accepted. Allow a PC vs XBOX ONLY option for players to choose too?

The main argument is that cheaters are on PC, so I don't want to play against cheaters so I too should have the option to turn off playing against other PC players. Not everyone would do this, but then you would only potentially run into dedicated PC teams.

The overall thing is that while there is an advantage the chances of you actually running into a PC player a much less likely than you getting owned by another Xbox Player.

• @nightmare247365 sagte in [Mega Thread] Play Anywhere and Cross Play - Part 4:

@ducklol1337 Look, is there an advantage to being on PC, yes. I can admit it. Responses are better with a mouse and keyboard. HOWEVER, the truth is less than 20% of the player group is playing on PC. I don't know how many active players there are, but at the end of April it was said that 2 million copies of SoT were sold. Using that number that would mean 1.6 million Xbox players and 400K PC players. By my estimate that is 1 in every 5 players is a PC player. That means that your "Lamborghini" could show up maybe at most 4-5 times on a server of 24 players.

But let's be realistic, optional crossplay is a joke. It segregates the player base. It hurts only the PC players. There have been a few suggestions, but how about this solution if leaving it as is will not be accepted. Allow a PC vs XBOX ONLY option for players to choose too?

The main argument is that cheaters are on PC, so I don't want to play against cheaters so I too should have the option to turn off playing against other PC players. Not everyone would do this, but then you would only potentially run into dedicated PC teams.

The overall thing is that while there is an advantage the chances of you actually running into a PC player a much less likely than you getting owned by another Xbox Player.

Look bro, i was the first who was asking for a switch.. because, i saw what advantage PC-Gamer have... not only have the game in +60FPS running, with a good mouse and keyboard (and some brain) you can create macros..
    for example.. you hit key B12 and the DPI change to have a smoother aming with your pistol.,. or adding few macros to like getter setter for bananas and stuff..

( i get the load times in line, by setting up a SSD drive... shame on you M$, you know why! )

i'm not talking about cheaters, i don't think any of us want to hit on a cheater, and that is tbh a lame excuse... even when i used it my self..

• @oneeeyedwilly
    So let me get this right. You are sitting here sooking, like crying into your mums blouse kind of sooking, and you are telling other people to "git gud".
    reeks of a 14 year old, smooth faced, standard xbox issue mic console casual!

Views
458 out of 480