Visual inconcistency in the galleon - why?

• I absolutely love Sea of Thieves. I love the artstyle, the atmosphere, the lighting, the gameplay. I honestly think it's one of the best games I've ever played, and I can't recall a game where I've had more fun with friends.

However, there is one issue that is kinda bumming me out: the visual inconcistency of the galleon.
    After recently discovering a secret room (https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/58505/secret-room-on-the-galleon?page=1), I became aware that the galleons interior simply does not match up with the exterior. The secret room is not visible or accessible from the inside, and the gunports on the middle deck don't exist on the inside either. It's as if someone just tacked them onto the outside to make the ship look cooler. That's okay, but would it have been so much work to put them on the inside as well? Why wasn't the secret room used as a dressing room, with the equipment and vanity chests and all? Or even as a loo?

I find it really odd that an art team with so much love and attention for details did this, so if anyone can enlighten me or has any idea why, I'd love to hear it. I certainly can't come up with one.

Views
  • @nebenkuh That's a cool post. I have never seen it before but I did notice the room that the post talks about. I managed to get my camera to clip into by standing near the plank-barrels in very wavy ocean and it's completely empty.

I agree it would be a good place for the equipment and clothes chests to be placed or something new entirely. I'm hoping that it is actually used for something in the future.

Views
1 out of 2