[Mega Thread] In Game Customisation - Part 4

• So was there no new sovereign weapons released I've been to both plunder and ancient and neither seem to have them tried a redownload etc. Still not there.
    Any ideas or did I miss something?

• Basic Cosmetics

As the title suggests, I would like to see more basic cosmetics. Not particularly for new players, but for players looking for a cheap hull cosmetic etc. Adding simple, cheap and basic designs would add a huge array of variety and depth to the cosmetics, also alleviating the hard task of coming up with unique and attractive designs. Having a target of 10,000 for a cheap hull colour, rather than 40,000 would give new players a much more realistic and enticing goal. By simple and basic designs, I'm simply saying red and white striped hull, green basic shirt, black hull etc. The vast majority of ships I see look exactly the same, with the exception of one. Adding a huge selection of a cheap, basic designs would allow new players the chance to make themselves stand out. As it stands, only the hardcore players are given that chance.

• Splitting the stuff up to the regions helped to keep up an overview about the available items in every shop.
    But it also means, that if i'm looking for a special style and the outposts of choice are occupied, i have to wait and hope or jump servers to get the items. That's a bit of a drawback, to be honest.
    The launch crew EoR is a funny idea, i like it! :-)

I'm looking forward to the upcoming customisations.

• Ahoy!

I think the new customisation options are great! A bit disappointed with the ship figure heads though.. a change in colour is not really a noticeable change.. and we could just do with brand new options.
    Looking forward to the hungering deep and future updates! Keep up the good work!
    jammy1066

• I'd like to add to the long list of people asking for character rerolls or detailed body, face, gender, etc customisation without losing progress or purchased items. Or, even better, especially if you wish to stick with the IPG, allow us to save up to 3 different characters under the same account. Like many others (some of whom might be on the forums but not prepared to speak up on here, which is fine), my gender identity (or, at least, the one I feel most comfortable projecting in games etc) changes from day to day, so the burley male pirate I favour one day might not be the suave female Corsair I wish to represent me the next. So, please Rare, give us some recourse to change our characters as we feel, even if the fine details are left up to the IPG.

Of course I'm probably about to receive hate from people who don't understand gender fluidity, but eh, who cares?

• so I got some feedback if some one wants to hear? customization has got the ideas flowing. ima pop em off for yah.

so we all love pirates of the Caribbean right. I was thinking loot you gotta earn. you know by joining say a famous crew like davy jones or what have you. I'm talking octopus beards, coral, sea weed beards, clam eye patch...boat stuff other gear. then ghost themed loot. then day night transforming cursed crew loot. you know skeleton curse from the movie bro.

you get what I'm saying build me a pirate quest based on pirates of the Caribbean's cursed crews. so that I may join that crew and get me some loot based on that crew. that would just take my experience to the next level.

davy jones ship should go under water...black pearl should be fast...cursed crew should turn into skeletons and maybe a spookier ship at night. then you know just run with it ghost crew, zombie crew...I mean you know stick with the theme and all don't get too crazy. zombie may be too crazy. I du know I'm just spitting ideas.

• @khaleesibot i have another idea too. we need loot for pvp. so as to make the engagement more meaningful. ex. so many pvp kills earns me xp toward loot. then so many ships sunk. then players killed. loot stolen. you know just adding the quest line along with rewards, will end up giving people reasons to engage...not to mention more things to do. rather then run...not that my crew runs.

• loot for killing boss ai i also think more sea monsters to kill would be dope. any way killing the cracken should reward loot. so i can hunt the monsters of the sea and have a trophie to show for it. another quest line...loot opportunity...things to do!

• do please use all my ideas! it sure would make me wanna play your game. all i want is loot and reasons to hunt players and the kraken and hopefully other ai down. your game needs me. so please use all of my ideas. i have been in pre alpha and so on unheard...with solid feedback. octopus beard how can you beat that? ghost and cursed ship ai to battle on the sea...because i feel more like mr u.p.s. man at times then i do a pirate. especially one based on myth with a cracken. i should be battling skeleton crews for there skeleton treasure. this was way back in alpha i said them, thems a no brainer you got the ship you got the skeletons even got captain skeletons...but no skeleton crew. ghost ship k ai...when you die your on a ship of the damned. character model...ghosty. i mean most the work was done way back in pre alpha for both ideas...would have been nothing to do. could have even just put one out on the sea. any way I'm done running on about how i have been regularly giving feedback about how this game needs more content since alpha. litteraly every time i got a survey i said them exact words "need more content. i got plenty of ideas. read them" i mean its your forum and your survey so you know. you got all my comments. I'm just saying maybe now is the time. i was thinking a giant angler fish too that can swallow you.

• I'm not a fan of the regional stocks at all, as they currently exist in the game. It makes it rather difficult to compare between different sets, like deciding if I want a Sovereign or a Sea Dog coat.

It can also be quite frustrating if you want to purchase a particular item you've saved up for that isn't available in the region you're in. I spent 30 minutes last night to get to an Outpost that sold the Sea Dog coat that I wanted, and that's just ridiculous. It was due in part to going through a storm and some unfavorable winds, but that's a part of the game and it won't be the last time such a thing happens.

• https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/56866/this-isn-t-really-funny-anymore/76

• I was playing the game, recovering some loot from a sunken ship, when I got back a pirate ship was anchored behind my sloop with the cannons aimed at my anchor wheel. I couldn't escape because it takes so long to raise the anchor that they killed me in one hit every time I tried. I couldn't escape as my ship was pinned down. there was no way to turn my ship or get away. If there was a game mechanic to cut the anchor cable in case of emergency, a faster way to sail away in case this sort of thing happens. (obviously make it so that you can't use the anchor again until docked at a port). And cutting the anchor cable is a legitimate way to release the ship in case of emergencies in real life for hundreds of years...

• Hoping for flag customization in the future. Nothing complex. Just choice of flag color (black, white, red, green, blue, yellow) and an emblem.

Emblems could be earned by completing specific achievements:

• Skull - Defeat a skull fort
    • Tentacles - Survive the Kraken
    • Compass - Visit all islands
  • I have hope that there will be a tattoo shop

• Please don't make a single, tiny splash of yellow on an already existing bit of kit, cost 140.000 gold.

That is all.

• @kinggzanga said in [Mega Thread] In Game Customisation - Part 4:

Basic Cosmetics

As the title suggests, I would like to see more basic cosmetics. Not particularly for new players, but for players looking for a cheap hull cosmetic etc. Adding simple, cheap and basic designs would add a huge array of variety and depth to the cosmetics, also alleviating the hard task of coming up with unique and attractive designs. Having a target of 10,000 for a cheap hull colour, rather than 40,000 would give new players a much more realistic and enticing goal. By simple and basic designs, I'm simply saying red and white striped hull, green basic shirt, black hull etc. The vast majority of ships I see look exactly the same, with the exception of one. Adding a huge selection of a cheap, basic designs would allow new players the chance to make themselves stand out. As it stands, only the hardcore players are given that chance.

Oh, so much this! Would be great to see simpler custom hulls and sails, like a simple colored stripe on a sail, or some painted railings or accents on the hull, for cheap. Anything that adds more variety is great.

• @ultimathule Minor alterations to your ship (cannon, lanterns, helm, flags, floors etc) would be awesome. I think candles would look a little silly though - wouldn't they just be blown out? :)

• I’m a one in ten...

Love the Peg legs and the Hook hands but how about allowing the opposite hand/leg to be false too, as an alternative.

Left leg and right hand.

• We need more piratey clothes. tricorn hats, thick over the shoulder belts with large buckles, long not buttoned up jackets. Etc. pretty bummed that the only decent tricorn hat at the moment is the pirate legend hat and we are stuck with it being purple. Not very customizable in my opinion.

• Hi,
    I'm angry.
    I played tons of hours to buy something that DON'T looks like what the store showed to me.
    Here is the ticket : https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/fr/requests/56215

I bought the "Scurvy Bilge Rat Hull".
    text alternatif

He is what I get :
    text alternatif

We can barely see changes...

Here is what I wanted :
    text alternatif
    or
    text alternatif

And yes, the galleon has it :
    http://reho.st/preview/self/838adfb7930be6e8fd726c1951f6b09bb1e7dcbf.jpg

But I mostly play solo or with a one friend...

Could you make something for the sloop?

Thanks a lot!

• Please let us personalize, alter or edit the faces and bodies of our characters. or let us create another character taking all our progress together

• I mentioned this in an unrelated thread but gonna throw it in here as well. I would like to be able to customize my characters vomit. Change colors, add chunks of bananas to it or whatever other food you add to the game, or be rewarded different customization's based on how much of different types of grog my character has gotten drunk with.

• Along the lines of what @LIFEWCOKE said above, I think that across the board the game needs a lot more customization.

I still love the conceptual decision to not include vertical progression in this game. I just think that with that decision, more emphasis needs to be placed on customization tools, items, options in order to allow players to be the pirate that they want to be. I love the designs in SoT art book, I hope a significant amount of the art team is still employed (post-launch). I would also strongly recommend making one or more of those artists a project team lead, because I truly believe that good art can encourage thoughtful design/coding, especially in areas like UI and UX.

Along the lines of UI and UX, both of these areas need significant improvement as more customization options are introduced. The way clothing, items, weapons are currently catalogued is super tedious and not intuitive. It's really cumbersome having to scroll through multiple tabs.

On an final note, I'd like to highlight how great the new Launch Crew eye of reach looks. SoT needs more unique items like that, and less stuff with insignificant (barely noticeable) color variations.

• Strike a pose
    Sea of Thieves upgrades are purely cosmetic, which I am all for.
    But we need a better way to show it off. Literally striking poses, might be an easy starting answer.
    In the long run I feel like the community would love a more sandbox way to pose and screenshot their avatar looking sick in their new robes. Alternatively an in-game camera mode, I saw this article that God of War just released one.

They really do make the difference and to benefit Rare, there will be so many more social media posts of people showing off their avatars if these sorts of facilities existed.

Article referenced: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/09/photo-mode-comes-to-god-of-war-today/

• @williamherschel said in [Mega Thread] In Game Customisation - Part 4:

On an final note, I'd like to highlight how great the new Launch Crew eye of reach looks. SoT needs more unique items like that, and less stuff with insignificant (barely noticeable) color variations.

I liked this skin as well and it really enforced the idea that not all cosmetics need to be tied together as a set. I was never really a fan of the whole sets thing for all of the customization's.

Of course that also probably reflects my real life views as I am not afraid to wear grey/black plaid shorts with a different blue/white plaid collored shirt....

• So I saw a message from our goddess @khaleesibot on the discord group asking for our contribution and feed back.

So here I am. Careful what you wish for hahaha iykwim ;)

I think you guys have done a great job with the 1.0.6 update regarding customization. I have started to collect my next set and it came right when I had just finished my previous one. So great timing lol. I play about 5-10 hours a week. Not farming, but always tagging with randoms. I am liking the pace at which these fine tuning are making it into the game.

@Will-Ariakan Fair point my good man. Tu as tout a fait raison mon ami, c'est l'arnaque pour les sloopeurs là.

• We need a set of presets to save our customizations.

e.g I don't always want to always wear my Athena / legenderty ghost clothing. There will be times I want to switch especially if I want to be more stealth in PVP and I like to mix the outfits so I don't look like every other pirate out there. With more customisation coming this task will get more annoying & time consuming having to scroll through everything.

• @lesbianburrito said in [Mega Thread] In Game Customisation - Part 4:

loot for killing boss ai i also think more sea monsters to kill would be dope. any way killing the cracken should reward loot. so i can hunt the monsters of the sea and have a trophie to show for it. another quest line...loot opportunity...things to do!

I expected this from launch. I was so disappointed I didn't earn a Krakens tooth torwards a neclace or pendant Although the Kraken is far too easy to kill should be way harder then a kraken tooth neclace would be more awesome

• @ironuzuka a dit dans [Mega Thread] In Game Customisation - Part 4 :

@Will-Ariakan Fair point my good man. Tu as tout a fait raison mon ami, c'est l'arnaque pour les sloopeurs là.

Yeah, I played with a friend 2 days ago, and he didn't notice I changed the color of our sloop. :D I hope they will fix this.
    À 140K la peinture, ça pique. :o

• @khaleesibot

New to forums. Hello all.

I was wondering/hoping that there will be ability to create/customize ship colors. It would be nice if I can use an icon editor to create a Jolly Roger style pirate flag on top of my ship. Then when on a galleon the galleon could have pennant flags representing each crew mates designs. (And maybe the crew could vote on whose fly on mast as the colors of the ship)

Thanks .... hope your sails and hold be full

• https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/56866/this-isn-t-really-funny-anymore

• I would like to see more verity for ship customization. Such as cannons, lanterns, even masts. Cannons being different varieties such as dragons from Asian design, twisted Cork screwed, heck even though floral pattern for the opening of the cannon.

Lanterns of different material and styles, and even different light color.

The masts could have different designs going up, have Vines growing up them, or look like they've been patched or repaired.

Having these things included with the different designs and sales would show other Pirates what you've done and show your experience on the boat as its the first thing people see.

• C DaWG VeTaRuN here I was thinking a fool that should be added which would add to gameplay to physical and environmental atmosphere to the game.
    Think about this swinging from ship to ship when those pesky pirates come in to ram you to swing into action and go fight their crew. Or I could see it implemented by using this this grapple so to say to climb up peaks or find hidden treasure in tucked away places anyway what are your thoughts

• I think you guys should add in dyes to the game for clothing, weapons and sails. I do belive there are many who would love the ability to change the colors of their favorite piece of clothing, weapons and sails. This could allow you guys to make more new and interesting looking cosmetics without having to worry about if people will like the colors of it and thus release re-colors of already existing cosmetics in the game. Now some might wonder why the sails should be recolorable, well the reason there is so that people then can have a red Rogue Sea Dog sail if they like to use the Ceremonial Admiral hull colors on their ship.

Who else here would love to be able to change the colors of their sails, weapons and clothing?

• @strawycascade00 I agree. Having a base design and gathering ingredients for dyes to color it any other way would be fun.

Views
67 out of 86