Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5

• Patch Notes - 1.0.5

Download size:

Xbox One: 1.36GB
    Xbox One X: 1.36GB
    Windows 10: 1.25GB

Xbox Installation Instructions can be found here.

PC Installation Instructions can be found here.

Updates

• New Message from Beyond - The Ferryman was unhappy with the text that had been written describing how to 'Scuttle' a ship, so he made them write a better version - and then walk the plank.
    • Reload! - Adjusted position of the Ammo Crates on both ships, so they are easier to interact with.
    • Play the next song! - Players will no longer play the same shanty twice in a row.
    • UI Improvements - Images in the Vanity & Clothing Chests now load gracefully when browsing. In addition all UI screens now fade in when opened - Fancy!

Fixed Issues

• Resolved issues where Skeleton Fort or Bounty Quest Skeletons failed to spawn correctly.
      We have been resolving these spawning issues across the last 2 updates (1.0.3, 1.0.4), however with this update (1.0.5) we have now resolved all known reported spawning issues. If you find any further problem islands, please log a Support Ticket noting the island and we will investigate further.
    • Players will no longer be stuck with a single weapon slot and players weapon choice will now also persist across sessions.
      Players who were experiencing the Single Weapon Slot issue will now be resolved as soon as they load into game. No more early visits to the Ferryman required!
    • Ships will no longer ping up into the sky when sinking.
      In loving memory of the sky ships. This was our favourite!
    • [PC] Push to talk option will no longer reset to default (disabled) between sessions.
    • "You Can Always Trust The Untrustworthy" achievement can now be unlocked.
    • Kraken is no longer able to spawn around rocks.
    • Kraken tentacle should always be visible when holding a player.
    • Pocket watch should no longer display as closed when being shown to another player.
    • Skeletons and animals should no longer despawn when players climb in and out of the cannon.
    • Rogue Sea Dog Trousers and Royal Sovereign Trousers should now unlock when the requirements are met.
    • Lore Item descriptions are now localised.
    • Reduced popping of UI in Quick Menu.
    • It is no longer possible to clip through the ship when jumping on the Banana Barrel.
    • Wrong company icon is no longer incorrectly displayed for a split second if user is trying to get XP from 2 different companies.
    • It is no longer possible to drop behind the bar and get stuck in the Pirate Hideout.
    • Updates to incorrect NPC dialogue lines.
    • Getting into a cannon then getting back out should no longer skip the Tutorial.
    • Players just outside the inky murk will now hear Kraken fight audio when it attacks other ships.
    • Resolved issue where players could hear repeating audio SFX.
    • Resolved issue where Gunpowder kegs could spawn outside of player reach.

Performance Improvements

• Fixed a potential client deadlock when encountering a networking error.
    • Multiple server crash fixes.
      Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.

Known Issues

• Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game.
      Once you redeem your code, here is a Support Article that shows you where to find your items in game. If you still cannot find your items in game, please raise a support ticket to log this issue.
    • Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair colour / scars) looking different from their initial selection.
      We are working on a way for our Customer Support team to reset your pirate to your original selection. If you have experienced this bug, please ensure you have logged a Support Ticket for this issue.
    • Players may encounter a grey screen when launching the game.
      Some players have found that following this guide and/or this Support Article resolves this issue.
    • Players are experiencing delayed achievements and commendations from in-game actions.
      We are working on a way for our Customer Support team to re-award these achievements and commendations back to players.

#SeaofTease

alt text

There's rumour that a new shipment of clothing, items, weapons and ship customisations are on the horizon and heading for the Sea of Thieves! If you are saving yer coin for a pair of trousers, you might want to keep a weathered eye out for this arriving soon!

Views
  • Sounds like a great update ^^

• Wooooooooo

• Reload! - Adjusted position of the Ammo Crates on both ships, so they are easier to interact with.

Finally !

• "Reload! - Adjusted position of the Ammo Crates on both ships, so they are easier to interact with." Thank You!! Well played!

• @aenima123 said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

Reload! - Adjusted position of the Ammo Crates on both ships, so they are easier to interact with.

Finally !

We almost called it, "We Listened".

• Jesus! Look at that clothing set! YES! (not being sarcastic)

• Any word on the Microsoft Family Share bug that's been repeatedly reported?

• No mention of any kind of PvPvE balance whatsoever

alt text

• Please Rare. Don’t think that the render distance adjustment from 1.0.4. is a final fix! Sure trees and islands load in a bit further away now (not as good as launch) but the important items - loot, crates, bottles, animals - PEOPLE are still not rendering in until you’re on top of them - making the spyglass practically useless! I’m searching the world for objects! Not trees and rocks!

Please, PLEASE don’t forget this issue. Your whole game is based around looking! This needs to be addressed.

• Love the new look items!
    Love the movement of the ammo box!
    Sad to see the disappearance of flying ships, would like to add my own in for good measure:

"jump" to 30 seconds in!

• Rumoured shipment of clothing? - AI ships confirmed!

Seriously does that mean this patch? Because if it's the stuff that was in the Beta then I think you've teased it enough already.

• @khaleesibot Omg i thought that was pioneer sails then! Aha and i was wondering when the famed #SeaOfTease would make a re-appearance! Your patch notes do make me chuckle, what happened to the saying dont shoot the messenger! (Or make him walk the plank in his case)

Also completely off topic, but will Mr Neates (@The3SheetsNeate ) monthly insider reports ever be making a return or did they finish before release? I always found them really interesting to read and hear what the teams getting upto. :)

• Grats!! But solve a RENDER distance please.....

• "Ships will no longer ping up into the sky when sinking."

I am almost kind of sad this is gone. Goodbye fun times with flying sloops. You will be missed. Thanks for the memories.

Great little update guys, keep it up :)

• @navarita said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

No mention of any kind of PvPvE balance whatsoever

alt text

Yeah take your purse and go home.

• @tyburn-ketch
    I've noticed it more this week - pointing out a wreck to a mate who simply cannot see the birds circling above, only to move his spyglass up a fraction and they pop in!

• So all you did for the new ship customizations is change the colors again. Notice that poseidon's figure is present so no new figure just color change.

• @khaleesibot

And again, the ship preview shows non-white flags on top!

False advertising :(

• We can't just repeat songs anymore? So this joke was removed from the game.

cantina band

• Cool tease! More customization choices are never a bad idea.

• Getting into a cannon then getting back out should no longer skip the Tutorial.

There was a "Tutorial"?

• Very juicy patch notes! Thanks so much for this one!
    And that Sea Of Tease! I think i might be getting that outfit!

• #SeaofTease

alt text

What is that? A kind of spanish conquistador set? Real royal navy ships, items and clothing with big silver and golden shining shoulderboards on uniforms, with navy titles and a proper tricorn is what we need. Or even a navy faction with bounty missions on other pirates to improve PvP, Arrrr! To many pirates without royal control around the sea of thieves, your majesty!

Glad that Push-to-talk is working now for PC, that broadcasting issue was that annoying i stopped talking to people.

Keep up the good work!

• @khaleesibot Awesome list! Good to see "Always trust the untrustworthy" is fixed up, and I am super excited to see what new clothing #seaoftease brings. The conquistador armor looking gear and the compass sails in the pic look great, here's hoping it is that and similar stuff.

Keep up the amazing work 🙂

• Does this patch fix the bug that makes the anchor raising sound continue to play even though it's not being used?

• @khaleesibot your weekly patchnotes are amazing. I love that you are fixing known issues that fast.

Will there be more clothes or only this one from #seaoftease pic?

• Again some nice fixes, especially the quality of life ones like moving the ammo box and persistant weapon choices.
    Hopefully the server crash fixes will prevent disconnect issue I sometimes have when playing on PC.

• @khaleesibot Is there more female stuff coming up as well? My girlfriend keeps harassing me over the limited amount of dress choices haha.

• @rayfromjersey I would really like to know why we keep getting teased like that. I'm looking forward to not having white up top!

• Sounds all good, how about entering the game with only 1 weapon !

• Still can’t believe there’s still no mention about bringing text speak to Xbox. New cosmetics are welcome though but still... Come on guys, keyboard text speak. Enable it please!

• @floppsi said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

#SeaofTease

alt text

What is that? A kind of spanish conquistador set? Real royal navy ships, items and clothing with big silver and golden shining shoulderboards on uniforms, with navy titles and a proper tricorn is what we need. Or even a navy faction with bounty missions on other pirates to improve PvP, Arrrr! To many pirates without royal control around the sea of thieves, your majesty!

Glad that Push-to-talk is working now for PC, that broadcasting issue was that annoying i stopped talking to people.

Keep up the good work!

I totally second this motion!

We need a few navy outposts offering players an opportunity to level up in opposition to pirates, this would increase pirate gamers uniting against a common enemy and improve PVP for all, it would also add something more for PVe with navy themed voyages like; sink 10 pirate ships / put a stop to a skelly fort for his majesty etc etc

• @floppsi said in Patch Notes - 1.0.5:

#SeaofTease

alt text

Read up on the game. It's not set in the same universe as classic pirates.

• @cmm-solo I like the idea of... splitting the players. One fighting for the navy, one fighting against it. It's a great incentive for PvP!

There could even be different ways of doing voyages. Navy merchants are simply transporting cargo, but as soon as they do... a pirate will hear about it and can start their pursuit.

Views
13 out of 209