Top Feedback Points Article Discussion

• @amerikkletus I've thought the same about underwater stuff. I would love to see a diving bell or helmet that you could get (like the megaphone they've talked about), that would let you go deep and explore underwater.

• @peapaw-z said in Top Feedback Points Article Discussion:

It will only take on extra person on a sloop to make it extremely hard to sink.
    3 man sloops makes me nervous.

WE need something in between. A 3 man sloop may be a tad OP but a 3 man galleon is a PITA.

• 4 man sloop is just such a bad idea. Wait til you see all the posts complaining about 4 man sloops. They will be endless.

• definite knee jerk reaction from the community on 4man sloop.

essentially, they'll only prove slightly more reactive than a 2 man sloop, and have slightly more harrasment ability because you'll have a guy on the cannon

but quite honestly, the biggest benefit they have is in boarding a galleon. but even then its easier to board a galleon with a galleon because you dont have to climb the ladder.

theyre probably going to be just marginally better at doing things then 2 man sloops

• @solemagician506 said in Top Feedback Points Article Discussion:

A key change we are working on is to allow players to select whether they want their ship to be open to others being matchmade with them, or closed so that it's invite-only. This will allow players to manage how many people they want on their ship, invite friIends and decide whether or not to allow other players to join them. We hope this mitigates one of the key reasons for people misusing the brig. It also has the added benefit of allowing players to sail the galleon with a smaller crew if they desire, or the sloop with a larger crew. We've had a lot of feedback and requests for this so we'll be very happy to deliver this functionality.

Large sloop crews confirmed?!

If there are no plans to increase galleon size then the galleon will not get used, as it sucks in every way vs the sloop.

Also they just took a big dump on solo players. A. Big. Steaming. Dump.

No clue.

• @khaleesibot

Great fixes. You guys are doing great far. I can only suggest 2 improvements on top of the issues you currently fixed and are working on.

1. have ships spawn on a different server by the 3rd time of being sunk by the same ship. The distance is great but since the forts take a little longer than normal islands there is still the potential abuse of griefing.

2. Create more random respawn spots on the ship when you exit the ferry of the damned to prevent respawn killing. So like the crows nest, middle deck by the guns and ammo. Just track where people spend the least ammount of time when attacking another ship and have the system spawn players more often in those locations.

• Hope that video says something about PvP/PvE balancing. Better be good too or the game is staying uninstalled lol

• @khaleesibot Just a little thing but it bugs me. Is it possible to change the new loading screen tip "Surrounded by griefers?" to "Surrounded by Pirates?". It says the same thing and still rhymes.

It's not a good advertisement for the game esp for new players, gives the wrong impression and mindset before you even play. It's best that word is left in the forums.

• @krimoral Beautifully laid out post. Nice to see.
    As to people's concern, I think the big issues are that you have one shooting, one steering, one controlling sails and one repairing/bailing. The sails person can easily go down and bail if needed, making it virtually impossible to sink. Alone I can survive 4-5 holes below the waterline in a sloop bailing and repairing. Imagine if you had two down there.

• Please keep the sloop at max 2 players. Any more than that would dramatically impair the balance between the ships in this game.

What the community really wants is a new, 3-max ship, like a caravel, schooner or junk. I realize this is more work and I think we're willing to wait for it, but a 3 or 4 man sloop would make the galleon far less viable and would make playing solo sloop laughable.

Give us a 3-max, 2 masted, 4 cannon (2 per side) ship with unique sailing characteristics (handling, speed, etc).

• @nyslle said in Top Feedback Points Article Discussion:

Please keep the sloop at max 2 players. Any more than that would dramatically impair the balance between the ships in this game.

What the community really wants is a new, 3-max ship, like a caravel, schooner or junk. I realize this is more work and I think we're willing to wait for it, but a 3 or 4 man sloop would make the galleon far less viable and would make playing solo sloop laughable.

Give us a 3-max, 2 masted, 4 cannon (2 per side) ship with unique sailing characteristics (handling, speed, etc).

Agreed. Just tossing 4 people on a sloop is....no other way to say it, kinda lazy. Create a new ship for 3 people. That way your ships scale up with the number of players. If you can't put the effort into doing this right, then I fear for future content for this game.

• Spawn Camping:
    How about some real fixes and not this band-aid fix where you encourage players to quit and start anew (scuttle) rather then work on a much more needed consequnce fix. You have systemic griefing and there are lots of bullying occurring. Limit players availability who are griefing. 1 hour penalty? 1 day penalty? Permenant bans? How about take scuttle out of the game and impliment an anti-griefing system. To the brig with them! Can’t respawn for extended periods? Vote to lock them in their own brig for griefing. Nope still getting killed 1v4 well played RARE well played.

• I would like to seem some kind of way to maybe claim islands as your “territory” or something. Then fight other players for the most territory, this could be a fun game mode or implemented into the actual game. Also I would like to see more players added to each server as it adds more of a pirate feel to the game. Then maybe more events like the skull in the sky would be awesome or some kind of more elaborate chest or skull hunts. Let me know what people think of these ideas fit your vision for the game.
    I know I put a lot of changes but I still love the game how it is!
    Thanks!

• why is no one talking about the lack of content. The game is empty.
    i was promised adventure and mystery on the sea, all we got was a boring fetch quest system with 4 cosmetic outfits. I want answers rare.

• @swittz The games only been out for two weeks. Making content takes time, it'll get there. Besides I'm pretty sure that like every other dev they'll focus on stability patches immediately after launch. Your bound to find new bugs with 20 million people playing.

• @mrbrocksego i agree, every game that launches with online will have server issues and needs time to fix, I'm perfectly fine with that. but for a full priced triple A game to have such an empty sandbox. Its such a creative concept and they did nothing with it.

I've heard it was tough to work on things like the eyeglass. It took months because the head project leads never give real devs the go ahead, and that there wasn't a real vision for the game from the start.

not much has been added since alpha, and they released the beta for full price. I can only imagine how long its going to take to add new things. and i can imagine the quality of the "free" DLC wont be anything substantial. littered with micro transactions. They plan to add paid pets for Kraken sake!

I'm just disappointed that there isn't any game in this game.

• I still haven't gotten the Founders Pack and its been a bit far over two weeks now. I've tried sending an e-mail back with nothing and then tried sending a message on twitter and still nothing so now I'm going on here. I would have started here tbh but I only just remembered now how to post stuff so I hope I will be able to get the Founders pack that I've been waiting for.
    Thank you for your time, I'm sure you've been super busy. (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ

• Sloops should only be meant for 3 people max 2 people min. Galleon should be boosted to 3 min 6 max

• What about being able to join the server your friends are playing on, but not joining their crew?

I’d love the scenario where I could hunt down my friends and engage them in PvP. Our group of friends could form two crews and we could seek each other out in the world. There’s a few of my ‘friends’ that I would really like to steal some loot from 😋.

Right now there is no way to PvP against friends since you can’t join the same server unless you’re in the same crew.

This could lead to ‘fleets’ forming where different crews of friends form up and play together as well. This might be OP, but in a game that already lets strangers do this, why not let friends?

• @thewolfman321 I want them to add a dingy. They clearly thought of it because its on the friggin cover of the box. Where is it??

• @theothervillain said in Top Feedback Points Article Discussion:

@thewolfman321 I what them to add a dingy. They clearly thought of it because its on the friggin cover of the box. Where is it??

You can park your ship almost on the beach, what use would a dingy have apart from immersion? I'd rather have the devs work on something else than spend a huge chunk of time on the animation of lowering, rowing or sinking a dingy.

• @fishst1ck Thats the issue. I don't want to park my ship right on the beach. As a solo player I spend a lot of time sneaking around avoiding larger crews. I would like to hide my ship somewhere and go in something a bit more low profile and avoid being eaten by a random shark. Not to mention, the ship pops up on loading screen everytime I turn on the game. Shouldn't show things that aren't actually in the game.

• @khaleesibot said in Top Feedback Points Article Discussion:

Finding a suitable crew

Closely related to the misuse of the brig, players don't really have any control over who they play with (apart from playing with friends). The key preferences we see are to play with other players using a mic, or to find people speaking the same language.

Work in progress: We are working on automatically matchmaking by microphone status. The game already detects if you have a microphone plugged in, and matchmaking will now prioritise matching you via your mic status.

Investigating: We will be adding the option to filter by language for matchmaking so players can find other players who speak the same language to crew up with.

Please do not just use the operating system language and allow those of us who speak multiple languages to tick multiple language on a list.
    It would also be a good idea to be able to tick regions you want to be matched up with (Europe, US, Asia, etc.) and/or a ping threshold (smaller than 100, smaller than 200, etc. below a certain point so we won't get on servers where we have an abysmal ping to or play with players that have a abysmal ping.
    In addition, allow us to set an activity filter to be matched up with where we can tick various activities: Gold Hoarder Voyages, Merchant Voyages, Order of Skulls Voyages, Pirate Legend Voyages, Shipwrecks, Skull Fort Raids, PVP, Roleplay, Socializing, Free Roam Exploration, Kraken hunt, Reputation levelling, an entry for each upcoming expansion content, etc.. so we get matched up with players with the same interests in a crew only.
    Also give us options to tick whether to only join fresh crews, in-progress crews or both.

Also note that while Windows might report a mic to be present, it may not actually be there. Some sound cards with microphone jack will report a microphone even when none is connected. Or there could be people with speech impediment that may play on an Xbox or computer with a microphone. I think it might be a good idea to add microphone, text chat tickboxes to the filter mentioned above.

PS.: Why is there no mention of finally bringing the long-promised text chat support with Xbox One Chat Pad/USB Keyboard to the Xbox One version of the game? It's sorely needed for better communication options.

• Needs more cowbell

• @nyslle said in Top Feedback Points Article Discussion:

Please keep the sloop at max 2 players. Any more than that would dramatically impair the balance between the ships in this game.

Everything this dude just said. Also, just give people the ability to change out ships and increase/decrease lobby size to that effect. If I'm solo or duo on a sloop let me grab a Galleon from the shipright, increase my lobby size that way, and then get my friends to hop in. Same concept would apply to lobby size decreasing if two people like the server their on after they lose 2 from their galleon and dont have anyone to replace them/dont want to deal with randoms. Having the ship appear at your current outpost and all supplies transferred would be amazing but...

I dont even care about supplies transferring, this would be your best case scenario for managing lobby sizes without disconnecting from a server. I also dont care if this results in a full scuttle of my ship and then I have to take a mermaid to wherever the server thinks the best fresh spawn for a new ship is (hopefully not punished by PvP rules where you get tossed across the map).

I would put up with the above two concessions to not ever see a 4 person sloop.

• @wiredsolstice said in Top Feedback Points Article Discussion:

Pirates are always associated with treasure/gold. Why not use a gold based progression? Purchase map sections for X amount of gold to expand the main map. It would reward the grinders by giving access to more places to grind.

On the other hand, a true grinder that only cares about quick progress and not about the way there would likely not purchase them and grind quicker with only a small section to voyage around on.

• https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/39577/vote-for-post-launch-content-poll-results/6289?page=180

i know the picture is bugged right now, but that's my measurement for feedback. Bug-reports can be counted as 'feedback' of course, but the things they're working on are BASIC stuff... As basic as the push-to-talk-desaster, but that doesn't seem to get adressed... If Rare wasn't working on any of that, i'd quit immediately.

New Ship types? not mentioned.
    New Quest types? not mentioned.
    PVP-bounty system? not mentioned.
    fishing? not mentioned.

yeah i know, thats new content. But its what the game needs, apart from fixing the broken stuff.

For the repawn mechanic, ppl can still workaround the 'fix' by scuttling their ship. They'll still spawn right next to you.

and 4-player sloops?? u can't b serious... why JUST WHY would anyone want that? I haven't seen anyone on the forum or ingame who wants 4 man sloops... i don't think they're gonna be op, since they can take less damage and have less cannons. But there's just no point in having them, exept for crews where 3 of 4 members want to afk-grind all the time with only one guy doing the work (wich is h*****n a galleon).

Views
59 out of 62