THE GRAND ODYSSEY | In-Game Treasure Hunt & Prize | April 14th 2018

• HEAR HEAR!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/398109302826598401/432763980847513605/F-COT.png

Fortune and Crew Of Thieves are happy to announce their collaboration to bring you an Event that shall resonate in Sea of Thieves’ History!

The time for The Grand Odyssey has arrived!

I. What is “The Grand Odyssey”? :
    This Event is a Scavenger Hunt, a Treasure Hunt, and a Race! This Event will pit Crews of Pirates against each other in an adventure to acquire the treasure of the Duke of the Ancient Spire.

II. When does it start? :
    The Grand Odyssey is to be held on Saturday, April 14th at:

• 17:00 EDT
    • 14:00 PDT
    • 10 PM BST
    • Sunday, April 15th 7 AM ACT
    • Sunday, April 15th 10 AM NZDT

III. Who can participate?:
    This Event is open to EVERYONE. Every Pirate, regardless of their allegiance, is free to try their luck. There is no Age Restriction, nor is there any Region Restriction.

IV. How can I participate?:
    This Challenge can be completed in a Sloop or a Galleon. The Crew sizes are up to you! That being said, we suggest that you find some companions to aid you, for the Sea is fierce and a fickle mistress.

V. What are the rules?:
    Pirates must complete certain challenges and provide proof of their success through Screenshots and Clips, depending on the task at hand.

⦁ As you complete the different objectives, you will need to send your Proof of Completion to a Fortune or Crew of Thieves Delegate through our respective Discord Channels.

Fortune : https://discord.gg/4d3w3Bz
    Crew of Thieves : https://discord.gg/jGPFdQ5

This Proof of Completion MUST include the Gamertag of the Pirate who contacts the Delegates. If it doesn’t, the Proof will be deemed invalid.

⦁ Once you’ve provided the necessary proof, you will be given a new Task/Objective/Riddle.

⦁ The First Step will be given out to everyone at the same time on this thread and on the two Discords.

⦁ There are 13 steps to this Event that are to be achieved to earn the Treasure of the Duke of the Ancient Spire and be known as the Odysseans!

What is the Prize? :

The Duke of the Ancient Spire, a noble and rich man, has promised to reward the Pirate(s) with a Galleon’s weight in Gold and Riches. A perfect opportunity to show the Gold Hoarders, the Order of Souls and the Merchant Alliance that you earned your place, without a doubt, among the Greatest Pirates of Sea Of Thieves!

Views
  • what time is it for NZDT because i really want to do the treasure hunt

• So the reward is that you're going to give someone the Prod1gyX treatment?

• I like such events started by the community, to bad I can't participate. Wish you all good luck and happy treasure hunting! :)

• Hey @RayFromJersey

I'm happy you're asking the question. The idea was inspired by the strength of the Community surrounding that Streamer.

While I do not think he deserves to be called a Legendary Pirate, I sincerely think that his Community showed a lot of strength and dedication.

What we wish to do is to offer the Pirate/Crew who bravely completed the tasks a chance to feel like they've hit the Jackpot.

A real haul for a real adventure.

• Hi Sirio
    Just to confirm please that is 10pm GMT so 11.00pm Brit Summer time.

• @nuttbeard

Hey!

I'm happy you're excited about this Event. We're really excited too!

You can join in the fun at 10:00 a.m. NZDT!

• @siriondb said in THE GRAND ODYSSEY | In-Game Treasure Hunt & Prize | April 14th 2018:

@nuttbeard

Hey!

I'm happy you're excited about this Event. We're really excited too!

You can join in the fun at 10:00 a.m. NZDT!

He's asking because you list "GMT" when it should be "BST" because the UK recently changed from GMT to BST.

• Is BST not the same as GMT?
    Either way people should be able to work out their time zones from GMT

• @saglant777 said in THE GRAND ODYSSEY | In-Game Treasure Hunt & Prize | April 14th 2018:

Hi Sirio
    Just to confirm please that is 10pm GMT so 11.00pm Brit Summer time.

Indeed,

I will remedy the situation. So, 11 PM BST!

• Very cool idea, just hope my broken PC is fixed and returned to me by the 14th.

• Looking forward to this, sounds like it could be quite a bit of fun! 😊

• Hello~ o/

• rare is uk based so how come we get 11pm ! Other game company's Base there events etc around the peak time of there timezone, 11pm is most definitely not ours

• @chris-turner-uk said in THE GRAND ODYSSEY | In-Game Treasure Hunt & Prize | April 14th 2018:

rare is uk based so how come we get 11pm ! Other game company's Base there events etc around the peak time of there timezone, 11pm is most definitely not ours

Hello!

As @DrBullhammer mentioned, this is a Community Event. We are not affiliated to Rare, though, it'd be nice if they publicized our Event ;). I understand that the timezones are difficult for players from your neck of the Seas, that being said, we tried to make it available to our comrades from Australia, New Zealand, and the neighboring countries.

Your feedback is important to us and we are going to try to make more accessible Events in the future.

Hopefully, you'll be able to find some way to participate!

• @chris-turner-uk because you can’t spell “their”

• Thank goodness it's not Sea of Spelling, although let's be gracious of typo's and grammatical slips. I'd rather the thread stay reasonably within the bounds of politeness, so let's focus on the OP. Snarky comments only detract from what the Community is attempting to do here. Please and Thank You.

• I was wondering how you were going to hand out rewards since you have no connection to rare, mainly curious about that

• @midnightspacee said in THE GRAND ODYSSEY | In-Game Treasure Hunt & Prize | April 14th 2018:

I was wondering how you were going to hand out rewards since you have no connection to rare, mainly curious about that

Hello @Midnightspacee!

I understand that you're willing to know the intricacies of our system before the Event. I really wish I could tell you right now how we're going to handle it, but for the sake of surprise, you will have to be patient.

We are thinking of having different Streams set-up for the Odyssey! If you are planning on streaming your side of the Hunt, drop your link here!

• This is great, how do i sign up?

• @behague said in THE GRAND ODYSSEY | In-Game Treasure Hunt & Prize | April 14th 2018:

This is great, how do i sign up?

Hey @Behague!

I also think this is going to be great! To answer your question, you don't have to sign-up.

Once you've completed the First Trial and that you've given your Proof of Completion to a Fortune or a Crew Of Thieves Delegate, you will be given the Second Trial.

The first Pirate or Crew that completes the 13th Trial wins the Grand Odyssey and the Treasure of the Duke of the Ancient Spire!

• Sounds like a lot of fun, but what is the reward and is it only for the first team for completion or all teams that complete the Treasure Hunt? I would love to participate but submitting pictures and waiting for a reply on each clue on DSCORD? I think there has a chance to be some chaos.... However, I hope you have a smooth event, but without understanding the reward clearly I can't justify spending time to complete. Working toward Pirate legend is the primary goal but if this helped me worked towards that in addition, I would be down. Information is a little too vague on this community event...

• @siriondb Great idea for a community event, really hope it goes well! Will hopefully try take part too, just hope I can rally a crew 5am Sat morning 😴 haha!

• @vallee25 The reward will be an in-game treasure haul. The winning crew joins our crew (We invite them, similar to how Prodigy got legend) and cashes the loot in. Because we'll have to spend a lot of time preparing the haul, there will only be one winning crew.

• this sounds like a lot of fun! So I have to join the discord to get the notifications of the events? Do it matter what level player you are?

• @snowfireflyrain Just noticed you in Fortune. :) The Discord channel (of your choosing) are where you'll send completed challenges in for verifications and the next step will be handed out to you.
    Levels do not matter. This Event is open to eveeryone. Every Pirate, regardless of their allegiance, is free to try their luck.

• @Conal-cuan That is great. I will definitely keep that day open and find other players to have fun doing the event with.

• @snowfireflyrain Awesome to hear! the #LFG channel in Fortune Discord should help you out there. I also notice you play on theXB1, I can shoot you an invite to our XB Club Sea of Fortune, if you like. If you'd prefer to use the matchmaking feature to 'reserve' a Club LFG there and perhaps cut some time spent looking for crew. :)

• Ahoy there, venturers for the Duke of Ancient Spire. I have a little story for ye.

They say that not long ago, beyond the horizon, a fleet of ghastly and gnarled ships arose from the Blood Sea. The black raised, bearing the distinctive skull and three bones; the mark of the Cutthroats. Fathers tell their children what they believe to be tall tales of the flag, warning them about the perils of the sea and of the dangers that lurk atop its unforgiving tides. Captains remind their crews of the superstition that so much as a glancing sight of the flag brings with it a cost to bear--a curse that would take the very souls of those that perish to its tattered sails.

Rumour spread quickly of accursed ships spreading havoc and discord within the boundaries of the Sea of Thieves. A fleet of scorned ships come to reclaim the sea and the treasures she holds--a fleet that causes dread in even the most hardened of pirates.

Their wake runs red with the blood of those that dare and their ships are pouring with gold. This is the tale of the Skull and Three...this is the legend of the Cutthroats. We will be taking the Duke's treasure!

"Never shall we die." - Pirate King Indigo of the Cutthroats

alt text

• Hi i want to do this but i carnt get either of the links above to discord to work what should i do

• @siriondb i will stream our teams efforts on mixer im having difficulty getting a link to work for discord is there any other links or way to submit proof

• @swayze1986
    Hello matey!

I just tried the discord links for myself, which seem to work as intended for me.
    Could you try again using the following link for Fortune https://discord.gg/yh2Qy and let me know if it works? Then I'll also get you another invite to the Crew of Thieves discord :)

• @erinom3 it does to the first discord with the blue bar tht says join same as the other then when i click join it says web page error

• @swayze1986 i have even update the app on my phone ill try it on my lap top now as final attempt but normaly use the app no problems

• Looks awesome! :D

Views
34 out of 74