Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1

• With this new update the game is worse to me, i get constant crashes and sometimes freezes for like 20 seconds, when i am in a island the fps drop, i get severe stuttering (2 seconds or more) and after some time of gameplay, the windows mensage say my computer doesn't have enought memory, and closes the game abruptly.

• @natsu-v2

try this, it worked for me

• Great work, but we need more content, dear rare, pleeeeease

• @z3us8d I'm on Xbox.

• @djerfie they killed off the death tax idea so relax mate

• @dragonskissxxx yes they did, but thats why it would be good to have some bonus being lost instead of a death tax, its more fun being rewarded for not dying than being punishes for dying

• @natsu-v2
    uhh I'm sorry :(

• Some days after the patch my experience is:
    Automaticly changes weapons set mostly after relog and receiving voyage from npc.
    No seagulls now fly over floating barrels.
    Chests with clothes, vanity's and weapons have broken tabs switch don't work properly.

What should be changed?
    RESPAWN is too close at pvp mode
    First respawn can be close as it is right now but second respawn should be further than first one.

• Do I have to manually download updates to the game or is that automatic when I log in to the game? The reason I'm asking is the link shows you how to download the game with a redeemer code and I never got a redeemer code.

• @djerfie true.

• @khaleesibot this game is still gonna be adding new features right like this isn't the end of the game

• @obeasechild808 i hope they will be anncounce some updates soon

• hello Rare
    "Seagulls now fly over floating barrels."
    this is not true

• @kapitan-pronin said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

hello Rare
    this is not true

Thank god for that.. how annoying it would be if they actually was flying over barrels also.. This was a change i disliked very much.

• @djerfie said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

How about no death tax but instead a bonus for keeping your ship up and running, maybe slightly higher gold rewards or something, that way you got some incentive to care for the ship

This is a good idea!

• Loving this game but its impossible to play by yourself with other players looking to ruin your day.
    If i dock my sloop and go find a chest... and see my ship getting blown up by a galleon containing 4 players... theres literally nothing i can do... of course i can go and wait for the ship to respawn but thats my chest gone... so the voyage was for nothing.
    Just wondering if you guys could include private servers for solo players... maybe reduce the reward from voyages if you do so... but its literally impossible to play by yourself as you just get bullied with no ability to defend yourself.

Maybe in future include some AI trading ships or floating fortresses that players can take on without worrying about other players.
    Im less inclined to play if im on my own at the moment, but as thats where the immersion is.. i want to carry on playing.
    Private servers if you can please guys. Jus for solo players thank you :)

• How long before the equipping weapon issue is fixed?

• @smerof-the-king said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

@kapitan-pronin said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

hello Rare
    this is not true

Thank god for that.. how annoying it would be if they actually was flying over barrels also.. This was a change i disliked very much.

Amen to this, keep it as is please.

• @khaleesibot all updates to this game need to add things to do! The foundation is good for it.

• great work guys! I'm looking forward to new content

• @cobalt-wraith Agreed, birds should show wrecks, not barrels or wrecks.

• @pitmonk said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

... We had captured the wrong colour pig and because we didn't know how to get the pig back out so that we could reuse the cage, we dropped the cage with pig into the water and drowned it...

You could have just shot it with the pistol whilst it was in the cage. It'll de-spawn, leaving the cage empty and reusable. I had to do this to a chicken the other day.

• @myrm Haha! I’d feel bad doing that. I’d opt to take it to an Outpost, trade it in then get another cage from a vendor. 🙊

• Ok so now that week one is over week two starts! WHERES THE NEW UPDATE!? Wheres the talk bout whats to come this month and whats planned for the rest of the year?

• The only problem I had was lagging, but after this update, my gane got ten times worse. My character went bald, I'd be glitched out of the ship, on my screen all of our masts were tipped over to the side.

• @khaleesibot I don't know about everyone else but im still getting lots of lag and frame rate drops on the Xbox X. Its almost unplayable some days.

• My game was playable before the update. Now, I can’t even play solo without getting disconnected. Cyanbeard needs to get fixed

• @khaleesibot Please tell me you guys are working on fixing lag/jittering on Xbox One. I have been waiting for this game for three years, since I was in 5th grade! The game is very much playable, and is extremely fun, but the jitter every once and awhile is very annoying! It takes away from the sense of immersion and fun in the game! It is much better than the beginning version of the game, but it is still noticable. Keep up the good work, and fix up those pesky severs please!

• @smerof-the-king said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

hello Rare
    this is not true

actually, this was a thing during beta already, but there was still a clear difference in the size of the flock - small flock barrels, big flock shipwreck. it wasn't annoying at all because you could easily tell from vast distances which one it was. as such, I'd very much like that to return, because it doesn't change anything when you're looking for shipwrecks, but if you need supplies, this is VERY helpful.

• @theamadox said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

@smerof-the-king said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

hello Rare
    this is not true

actually, this was a thing during beta already, but there was still a clear difference in the size of the flock - small flock barrels, big flock shipwreck. it wasn't annoying at all because you could easily tell from vast distances which one it was. as such, I'd very much like that to return, because it doesn't change anything when you're looking for shipwrecks, but if you need supplies, this is VERY helpful.

Well I know they was there in beta, but I have yet never stopped at barrels at sea to pick up it’s loot.. I think you find enough on the outpost and sunken ships hence I think we don’t need a marking for them actually

• Hello there I know your doing alot but you need to lower ship decor costs add brightness settings and also add new quests or even add an ability to allow trueces be made and join other ships so multiple crews can work against harder bosses also can try to add bigger shisp for bigger crews little row boats so you don't have to swim everywhere that's what I ask it is alot but worth talking about I think as it make game more enjoyable

• @obeasechild808 said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:

@khaleesibot this game is still gonna be adding new features right like this isn't the end of the game

No it is not 2year commitment to add new content

• Patch the Spawn System!!!!!!!!

Views
374 out of 384