pvp is causing this to not be "positive gaming experience" like rare has been saying they want for players

• i think rare should take note from elite dangerous add npcs and have a private sector for the players that want pve mostly but a chance of battle with the npcs then have an arena that is pvp and pve combined just like elite dangerous core does that way everyone can do everything they like and be happy and it adds more content that people seem to think is missing

Views
  • This counters the entire concept of the game.

Rule 1: Make an open sandbox game
    Rule 2: Don't add NPCs so you know it is an ACTUAL player
    Rule 3: Allow players to play without safe zones
    Rule 4: Watch the players interact
    Rule 5: Update the game to add more content

• @zoey-fuentes A bit on the insulting side but...accurate. Also Rare stayed no npc ships will be added so rip

• @nightmare247365 actually it doesnt have you played elite dangerous core? its the same as sea of thieves except space you have just as much chance of being attacked on private as you do in arena but you dont have the lurkers and campers everytime you look to dock im not asking for safe space as i am asking for a way to give the best to everyone because not everyone who enjoys the idea of this game is pvp thirsty and to lazy to actaully do quest that they have to ambush other players. just stating a problem that is a huge issue when rare has stated in interviews multiple times about a positive gaming experience for its players. im cool with what it is now because i see it as pubg/fortnite but with ships and thats not what it is

• @nightmare247365 said in pvp is causing this to not be "positive gaming experience" like rare has been saying they want for players:

This counters the entire concept of the game.

Rule 1: Make an open sandbox game

Except it's not that of a true sandbox really. Minecraft feels a lot more like a sandbox than this game can ever be. Of course SoT gets updated every now and then, but I don't think this game can ever really stand against Minecraft. One would hope so though.

Rule 2: Don't add NPCs so you know it is an ACTUAL player

One of the key features that draws players to play the game. They know they can lose the fight. Because the items are about tactical values that have at least one counter response they fail against, this emphasises the impact of the fight or flight responses even further. One of the best features in the game, without a single grain of doubt. Pity that the game does have NPCs, but then again the idea was that there was no NPC navigated ships. Plus, these NPCs have a range of purposes too. Except the faction NPCs. Their current purpose is the reason why this game has a hole in the wall and water slowly floods the levels.

There's just one tiny error they missed. Gamertags already point if one is a player or not so this doesn't necessarily counter the argument of coding some NPC navigated ships. However, the real reason behind is because they would pose no real threat to the players, ever, and they were too difficult to code in comparison to the alternative they went with.

Rule 3: Allow players to play without safe zones

Figuratively speaking, if this was a card game, this design choice would surely allow the deck to be shuffled pretty neatly. However, there is a safe zone / social hub alternative design which does not allow its abuse and is safe to rest for a short while without camper influence. Anyway, doesn't really matter to me. I already feel safe everywhere. The griefers and trolls are the ones I am worried about though. Their efficient tactics utilising pure PvP divide this community as we speak.

Rule 4: Watch the players interact

Oh, this is fun.

Rule 5: Update the game to add more content

One of the good plans they have.

Views
1 out of 6