Ahoy new SOT farewell the one i know and love..

• I love SOT so much. iv been playing since the first meg update when you had to summon it from the seas its self! However; the latest update has hurt my heart and soul.. not its content the content is fantastic. [mod edit] It's the un-achievability of the crazy grind that is required to ever get what you want out of it that has turned me away. the PVP rewards are imo the best in the game but are grossly unachievable in the games current state. this is my favorite game in the world. (period) but the grind is so high for this update my whole server of friends that i have played with for ever are leaving the game. this message is my hope and solom prayer that my voice and hopefully others will be heard. please consider the ramifications of the xp required to advance the 2 factions and the fact that to enjoy the game with my friends who are only interested in the opposing factions cosmetics is far to large a mountain to climb. it has exhausted my pirates heart. I really hope to not see my favorite game sail away from me. love you all for your creative ideas and the countless hours of enjoyment you have given me.

Views
  • One fight gives you multiple levels... the grind really isn't that bad.

Then again, not everyone is good at PvP, but still.

• Playerbase complains there is no end game content

Rare adds endgame content to give experienced players something to do, then proceed to complain it takes too long.

I feel sorry for game developers sometimes, they can't win.

• @scurvywoof if only that was true! hopefully they will make that a reality!

• Yeah, level 1000 with exp. incremental slowdown is kind of absurd. I get why you would be put off by it.

• @scurvywoof said in Ahoy new SOT farewell the one i know and love..:

One fight gives you multiple levels... the grind really isn't that bad.

I won a battle just a moment ago, i went from lvl 10 to lvl 10. i got 4 lvls for reaching rank 4 then selling it. what are you doing to get multiple levels from a battle?

• @a10dr4651 said in Ahoy new SOT farewell the one i know and love..:

Playerbase complains there is no end game content

Rare adds endgame content to give experienced players something to do, then proceed to complain it takes too long.

I feel sorry for game developers sometimes, they can't win.

its more about feeling like diving and defending is the only thing i can do anymore because there will be no end to the grind. but yeah i can relate to this reply. thanks for your response! I love pvp. open seas pvp has always been my favorite activity but it felt organic and immersive. now it feels grindy and far less rewarding. not getting rewarded for all my efforts feels bad.

• @scurvywoof That's just simply not true. I've never gotten multiple levels from one win battle, let alone one full level.

• @dedfault I do prefer organic pvp myself. I'm more partial to using passive mode. I think once the hype of season 8 dies down, many will return to hunting emissaries etc. This content is meant to be used in conjunction with adventure, not just as a separate mode which a lot of people are forgetting.

When it comes to grindy content, if it's not worth the grind, just don't do it. You'll get the ranks eventually, even if it takes 12 months. It's just a cosmetic at the end of the day. It's nice to have items that are a flex in the game, seeing them on the sea's and using them yourself gives that sense of satisfaction. Removing grinds or making them easier just ruins that sense of achievement for those who are prepared to take that grind on.

• I don't have an issue with the grind, I'm not gonna do it any time soon, it's just not something I wanna commit to as it takes away the play style I prefer

I do find it unfortunate that they tied pve appealing cosmetics to the first purely pvp content

they finally bring in the forever requested skelly curse and a ghost curse and it's behind ultra pvp grind? eh

Imo pvp rewards should have been more clearly pvp leaning in design.

Is what it is but it does feel off to me. Trinkets are fine, arena cosmetics were clearly pvp leaning and I feel that was far more the way to go for a pvp grind.

Imo those specific curses would fit far better in content that can be pve'd and can be stolen/pvp'd.

They aren't just locked behind pvp they are locked behind contrived and low activity pvp that was low activity out of the gate, that's only gonna get a lot worse as time goes on.

To me it's like if they locked those popular cosmetics behind my style of play, I don't want people that have to do what I do to unlock cosmetics that have been requested for years lol.

• These posts are constantly coming up, but people who like PvP never want to listen. Every time we try to speak up, they don't try to understand, they try to teach. I'm predicting perfectly, but after three weeks, this game mode dies completely. Some people say that this season 8 game mode will be the final content, but PvP works normally only when the population is maintained. If the top users get everything and the bottom users leave, this game mode dies.

• If it's the final content with a really hard and valuable reward, it's okay to make it into PVE. Most games release raid as the final content. Even if the population is not maintained, it can be challenged later, and the Value of difficulties is constant and constant. However, if PvP is the final content, the value for difficulty is not constant. Also, a constant population number must always be maintained for matchmaking. Although the system of Season 8 is combined with a regular server, it can be compensated when PvP is established through matchmaking. That's why the time it takes is not constant, and as time goes by, the time required to achieve it will increase. Those who have the same skills as those who achieved it in the early stages will have to spend twice as much time as they do to get the same reward. This is wrong.

• @fretfulelk45403 said in Ahoy new SOT farewell the one i know and love..:

These posts are constantly coming up, but people who like PvP never want to listen. Every time we try to speak up, they don't try to understand, they try to teach. I'm predicting perfectly, but after three weeks, this game mode dies completely. Some people say that this season 8 game mode will be the final content, but PvP works normally only when the population is maintained. If the top users get everything and the bottom users leave, this game mode dies.

Not a whole lot of people left to leave when it comes to outside of server alliances.

The same people that were seeing each other in season 7 over and over were seeing that day 1 and 2 in season 8 with the exception of some return activity from people that used to prefer arena over adventure.

Season 8 will be more active than season 7 was to some degree.

Will season 8 show the activity that people were hyping? no

Will it make anything worse? nah. The game has been low activity organically for a long time and it keeps on going. All this season does is continue on with the low organic activity but improves pvp experiences as more of it will be consent based.

Pvers have already been gone, part of the reason this whole contrived pvp content exists is because of how little pve activity there has been outside of alliances, it's already been gone. They aren't gonna lose much more of it over this. People that made it this far will likely stick around.

• In conclusion, even if Season 8 allows achievement only with PvP, why don't you let Season 9 achieve it with PvE? This is a difficulty value that doesn't change once it's decided, and if you want to try after the next few seasons, you can get a reward. With the same effort and skills, If you have the same level of combat technology, users who have achieved it in Season 8 will not be unhappy. Even if the two compete in PvP, the victory or defeat will be different, but it will be difficult. It's because he's really good. Also in season 9, there will be other rewards that you can only get with PvE of extreme difficulty. Even if they achieve skeleton or ghost curses, they won't get the SoF or AoG level required by Season 8. Unless they go back to PvP and proceed,

• I think it's too late to fix this season late. It's because Rare doesn't have a lot of manpower, and I've been discussing with PvP advocates for a long time, but it's true that only PvE season has existed so far, and I thought it's okay to give PvP-only season. But from now on, if PvP and PvE provide a different route, I think we should separate them completely. Season 9 should be an extremely difficult game mode that PvP users cannot get, and users who prefer PvP play in Season 8 should be given a reward that they cannot get This season is specialized in PvP, and PvE cannot raise the experience of new faction

• @wolfmanbush
    Yeah, I think you're right about everything. I think the PvP players of Season 8 should continue to lead the game mode of Season 8 I think PvE users can do what they want and PvP users can do what they want. I'm speaking purely from the perspective of PvE users and I don't represent PvP users, so I think satisfied users should enjoy this season. I'm just predicting that some of the PvE-friendly users don't participate in this season 8, so the game mode of season 8 can't last. If PvP users of Season 8 can continue this game mode, I hope so. We are only asking for new PvE exclusive content on Season 9.

I think it's too late to fix this season late. It's because Rare doesn't have a lot of manpower, and I've been discussing with PvP advocates for a long time, but it's true that only PvE season has existed so far, and I thought it's okay to give PvP-only season. But from now on, if PvP and PvE provide a different route, I think we should separate them completely. Season 9 should be an extremely difficult game mode that PvP users cannot get, and users who prefer PvP play in Season 8 should be given a reward that they cannot get This season is specialized in PvP, and PvE cannot raise the experience of new faction

what do you mean fix this season?

it got rolled out better than most, less issues than most

people are generally enjoying it to some degree which is better than usual feedback for content these days on the game

all they need to do to have season 8 go better than most seasons is to keep performance up and not let an adventure bug things out.

there has been pve content that pvpers literally can't complete as pvpers, like veils.

the way to improve the game isn't to make content aimed at excluding pvpers just because they got 1 season of content lol

• Ahoy new SOT farewell the one i know and love..에서 @wolfmanbush 님이 말했습니다:

@fretfulelk45403 said in Ahoy new SOT farewell the one i know and love..:

I think it's too late to fix this season late. It's because Rare doesn't have a lot of manpower, and I've been discussing with PvP advocates for a long time, but it's true that only PvE season has existed so far, and I thought it's okay to give PvP-only season. But from now on, if PvP and PvE provide a different route, I think we should separate them completely. Season 9 should be an extremely difficult game mode that PvP users cannot get, and users who prefer PvP play in Season 8 should be given a reward that they cannot get This season is specialized in PvP, and PvE cannot raise the experience of new faction

people are generally enjoying it to some degree which is better than usual feedback for content these days on the game

all they need to do to have season 8 go better than most seasons is to keep performance up and not let an adventure bug things out.

there has been pve content that pvpers literally can't complete as pvpers, like veils.

the way to improve the game isn't to make content aimed at excluding pvpers just because they got 1 season of content lol

I mean, it's too late to change this season for PvE users to enjoy. I hear it's the best update ever for PvP advocates. I think that's true. There are many better things than Season 7, and I have talked with you continuously, but I decided that it would be better to leave Season 8 as PvP users's. And even if you were friendly to PVE users in the previous season, the difficulty level was very easy. In the future, I hope that PvE content will be much more difficult than Bale, which is a difficult level. I think we should make PvE content and then PvP content by alternating Season every time.

Ahoy new SOT farewell the one i know and love..에서 @wolfmanbush 님이 말했습니다:

I mean, it's too late to change this season for PvE users to enjoy. I hear it's the best update ever for PvP advocates. I think that's true. There are many better things than Season 7, and I have talked with you continuously, but I decided that it would be better to leave Season 8 as PvP users's. And even if you were friendly to PVE users in the previous season, the difficulty level was very easy. In the future, I hope that PvE content will be much more difficult than Bale, which is a difficult level. I think we should make PvE content and then PvP content by alternating Season every time.

One of the best things about a season like this for pvers is it gives time to get caught up. There are so many things in this game to complete that pvers could spend the season getting those commendations done and those cosmetics unlocked on different things.

Back when the game was monthly updates I'd do the new content commendations as quick as I could just so I had a few free weeks to work on things I hadn't completed yet before the new content came out

• Ahoy new SOT farewell the one i know and love..에서 @wolfmanbush 님이 말했습니다:

Ahoy new SOT farewell the one i know and love..에서 @wolfmanbush 님이 말했습니다:

One of the best things about a season like this for pvers is it gives time to get caught up. There are so many things in this game to complete that pvers could spend the season getting those commendations done and those cosmetics unlocked on different things.

Back when the game was monthly updates I'd do the new content commendations as quick as I could just so I had a few free weeks to work on things I hadn't completed yet before the new content came out

I agree that there are too many things to complete. I think PvP user pool will increase as it takes too long to manually raise the existing 5 faction levels and the achievement of pl will probably be faster. I think you can raise 3 factions without interruption, and you can get the other two quickly by using the game mode of Season 8 For users who like PvP

• Goodbye the one you know and love, what dead servers and no playerbase?

• I constantly hear people moaning about "grind" in many games, generally by people who want everything the game has to offer as quickly as possible, without having to work for it. I like grind. I would rather have grind. It gives me a sense of achievement when I finally earn something I have strived so long to get, such as attaining Triple Elite in ED.

• @dedfault @Valor-Omega I meant with flag. I should've specified that, my bad. For, say, four fights, you easily get Grave V Reaper/ Athena. On the final fight, your opponents may have had a flag, which you can sell. Sell the loot, hand in the hour glass and lowering the flag is easy money and usually, for me, around 4 levels, which is 4 battles. 1 level for each battle.
    It does depend on certain factors with a high chance of happening, but not guaranteed. It also depends on how much time you actually have. It takes me and my friend an average of 20-40 minutes to get to a steak of 4.

• @pumpa-cat Have you seen the War Thunder grind? You never know a true grind until you play that game, lol

@pumpa-cat Have you seen the War Thunder grind? You never know a true grind until you play that game, lol

No, but I spent 24 years in the Royal Navy "grinding" for my military pension. Is that grind enough? :-P

• The problem for me is that this whole new long season is literally 2 new objects on the captain table with an interactive button.

All the 'real content' is locked behind a monotonous XP grind. The actual content is the hideouts and in second stage the curses. It would have been way better if the hideouts where accessible by default (or a more reasonable level 15 for example) to give that 'new season, new content' vibe and a sense of progression. Lock the NPC interactions/cosmetics in the hideouts and curses behind gradual levelling. The way it is now is that most players will probably only see the new content and hideouts in season 10 or 11. Which is terrible for engagement with the game. No engagement means less sold emporium cosmetics which leads to less future game support.

That is why I always check out new stuff in the insider build because then they disable the grind and I have seen/experienced the new stuff, so I don't really have to care much when it officially releases.

In the base game you also had the pirate hideout LVL50 but at least you had a lot more options to get there without feeling super repetitive and boring.

• Seems to be an issue with modern gamers. You want it all now.

I'm only lvl 5 athena, lvl 3 reaper currently. I'm a solo slooper now, so it'll take me some time before I reach 100 in either faction, and I'm fine with that.
    Having been a player who chased the grind to pirate legend when the game launched and then spent the next few years with nothing to work towards and my levels capped at 50, I vowed to never grind again. I'll unlock things, or not as and when the time comes now, and I enjoy the game more for doing so. Its nice to have a reward at the end of the road and see your levels constantly rise. I wont watch any videos of what's on offer when I reach that goal, looking forward to the surprise.

The game has many more years left in it yet. Don't be in such a rush to obtain everything. Not everyone can spend all day playing a game.
    Be thankful this is one of the few games where you can never pay to win.

• @pumpa-cat That most certainly is. Thank you for your service!

One fight gives you multiple levels... the grind really isn't that bad.

it's not static, amount of wins required goes up as you progress. why they made that decision I have no idea considering rewards go all the way to 1000

• You don't have to get the curse by Season 9. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Like...this isn't a bad grind at all (at least not to level 100).

I've gotten about 1/5th of the way there in less than a week in both factions playing way less than I normally do because of holidays here in the states.

• It is not really that big of a grind if you can do streaks, Which is the whole point.

If you are leaving a game because of some cosmetic progression, You never liked it as much as you say from the start.

• @scurvywoof One Win does not give you multiple levels. This is not accurate.

• Couldn’t agree with you more mate! Stay sailing the seas! There’s plenty of rum left for ya’!

• @bloodygore7352 Read my other post -_-

Views
4 out of 42