My opinions, not that u asked just cause. (All my ideas, changes, and additions to the game)

• Hi! So this is pretty much a collection of all my ideas, and a few improvements!

Enjoy and send I luv feedback!!

Ok so first off:

WORLD EVENTS

Fort of Fame

This sea fort resembling fort is the new player started event on the waves!

Story/lore

• flameharts become impatient, weakened by his shortcomings in the sea of thieves he has asked his servant, the servant of the flame to do his dark bidding....the servant of the flame has stolen the veil--quietly--and has begun to summon troops of the damned!
    • this fort has sat stagnant for years, hidden among the most, a failed legend of the veil. The final fort has collected dust, cracks like spiderwebs swimming through it's walls...how could such a glorious structure--one that boasted the true power of flameheart--ever reclaim it's glory? Unless...the veil?
    • veil in hand the servant of the flame has ignited the candle, lit the match, summoning forth an army of ghostly servants to do flameharts bidding! A stronghold for the ages, boasting the full might and booty of the captain flameheart!
    • with the veil quietly returned to a unwatching pirate lords hand all seems quiet...we'll save for the sound of flamehearte cackle of course!

Overall idea

A new fort, based off the final fort on the legend of the veil, is hidden either in the dr or a corner of the map. It would be activated by using a special signal flare aquired by buying a quest from either merchant alliance, or pirate lord.

The fort, when activated, sends waves of skeletons, ghosts, and even some of flamehearts own at you! Fend them off to complete each "level". By completing the first level a reapers mark appears in the sky! Now pvp and loot hungry players can see you! Each level increases in difficulty (but not to hard for a solo slooper because everything else is already too hard for them so keep it manageable the main danger is the final boss and other players--not the measly pve!)

The flag can level up 13 levels (this way it balances out the fact that it's solo player friendly, but still not to easy for larger crews because of prolonged exposure of your exact location. In other words the fort would take a while, not be extra hard) by the 13th level and 13th level only would a chest of legends appear. However, at any level of the fort a player could "cash in" for the loot in the vault, but it wouldn't be the best loot available.

Stats

Pve:

• all ghosts would be like those of the sea forts, taking either one or two shots to kill. Rather than having long to kill enemies there would be larger waves.
    • There would be 13 waves with 10 skeletons/phantoms each
    • the final boss would be easier to beat than the final boss of the fotd's to compensate for the fact there are more waves.

TOOLS (not weapons)

Kinda a joke but...
    Ability to throw all food--i want food fights.

Flares (improvement) - when fired should light up more area, and make loot sparkle more so it's easier to find anything floating in dark waters. (Not my own idea, but I recommend this strongly)

Debatablesmoke bomb??:
    Idk if this is a good idea but:

• Would cover about half a sloop for reference
    • visibility would be greatly reduced, as well as movement?
    • could be fired out of cannons
    • stays up for 15 seconds.

Friendly/tall tale flag
    This flag could be raised to signify that you mean no harm (this could be abused maybe so the flag would only be available when a tall tale is active?). People can still attack you but it's a way to say: ur a jerk for sinking me.

Carrying
    Ability to carry dead friends? Move them from danger before healing? (Just an idea and would love to hear opinions)

Flash bomb
    Not quite a flash bomb, but more so a light you can throw. Throw it into the darkened ocean to spot boarded in the dark, use it to explore darkened caverns, and to spot hard to see loot in the dark.

The fun part!
    WEAPONS

so as a preface to this section: here are the current weapons and they're uses.
    Sword - close range - cannot one shot
    Blunder - close range - can one shot
    Flintlock - mid range - cannot one shot
    Eye of reach - long reach - can one shot at close prox
    Keg - all types can one shot. Deals high damage
    Fire bomb - mid to close range - deals proximity damage and set ppl aflame
    Blunder bomb - mid to close range - deals proximity damage
    Magic staff thingey - long range - deals caring levels of damage with different wind ups. Not an equippable weapon

Personal weapon ideas

Personal Cannon
    Rounds: 5
    Range: mid to long
    Fires: blunder bombs, smoke bombs, fire bombs, flares
    Additional weapons: has small melee attack, but deals more knockback than it does damage to enemies.
    Details: the handheld cannon is the dream of any demo oriented person! Load up blunder bombs, fire bombs, and flares galore into this walking cannon! Would launch all throwables farther, take up 1 weapon slot, slow movement speed down to maybe 3/4 speed when walking, 3/4 sprinting speed when equipped. It would have a small melee attack that pushes players slightly away and dealing small damage, so it's not a valid close range weapon but doesn't make half your weapons useless at close range (eye of reach is still powerful at close range, so this is alone the same lines, but way weaker).
    Can one shot if a blunder hits a player directly from 10 feet away. any other and it deals less damage.

Daggers
    It's a pirate game why don't we have this??
    A dagger that is equipped as an extra weapon slot (the melee slot, more on that later) but doesn't allow you to hold loot (so for boarding situations)
    Deals low damage but attacks quickly. Idk the specs really, but would love any recommendations!

Melee/fists
    A fist would take up a "melee" slot, and allows you to shove/push an enemy backwards. However it takes .33 seconds to put away your weapons so don't rely on this as a quick shove back, it's when you don't have anything out and a boarder appears.
    Deals very low damage btw

Melee: bottle
    Takes up another melee slot (more info on this later) and deals higher damage than fists and daggers (about 35 percent health). The bottle, however, breaks upon first hit and is unusable until bought at an outpost or sea post, or found on an island. It leaves your opponent paralyzed for .33 seconds, before than move again. However they can still use fists or sword during this, just can't move camera or move feet (otherwise itd be op)

MUSKET/RIFLE

Aim time: .44 seconds (maybe more)
    Reload: 4 seconds
    Damage: 100%
    Range: same as pistol--would be broken at a longer range

Melee slots explained

A melee slot would be an extra weapon slot for melee tools (bottle, fists, etc). However by equipping any melee other than fists you cannot hold loot (fill your hands and your pockets? Preposterous!)

VOYAGES

To be honest, merchant alliance is lacking in voyages. The only thing I remember (and currently) doing is supply runs, buying their cargo and running to places to sell. They're voyages are boring, time consuming, and slightly profitable. Soooo introducing....

Merchant voyages

Intercepting cargo: go sink a skeleton ship at the marked location and steal their cargo! Bring it to any outpost and sell it to the merchant there!

Recover cargo flameheart has stolen some of the merchant cargo for his troops! Reclaim it by sailing to the marked skeleton fort and defeating the crew there (a smaller crew ofc than those of a skeleton fort, much smaller) to reclaim the cargo!

Reapers voyages

This game needs them. Please.

Supply run
    Ive found a collection of merchant supplies on an island not to far from here...capture it from the clutches of the sirens and deliver it to the servant of the flame! (Sail to the directed shrine or Treasury, except it will be a different when you arrive...)

TRAITOR!
    some of Flamehearts humble servants have gone soft! Find them at _____ skeleton fort and reclaim it in Flamehearts name

Hunter of emissaries
    The servant of the flame sends you out but with one goal: sink any ship on the horizon! Earn 10000 coins for any emissary ship you sink! (This voyage lasts for 5 ships before you have to renew it)

Athena voyages

We need new ones, the current ones are taxing on time and fun.

A quick hunt
    Sail to the location to fight for or dog up some Athena merchant cargo! The pirate lord needs it for his expiditions--bring it back for a reward and reputation.

Athena's mark
    Appear on the map, but earn 15000 coins for every REAPER EMISSARY ship you sink! During this time you earn 2000for every other ship you sink (Voyage goes until you cancel it). Works like reaper emissary, you appear on the map as an Athena mark. When you level to level 5 with the Athena's mark you can see the location of any reaper on the seas.

BOAT CHANGES
    Sloops should be slightly more maneuverable. Or something else.
    At least make them better someway.
    Please.
    I'm begging.
    Please
    Anything to make solo slopping easier.
    I'm begging.
    PLEASEEEE
    (Ps that was a joke to anyone who doesn't get it.)

CURSES
    We need new curses. There are so few in the game and we could really use some new ones. So here are my ideas! (Disclaimer: others may have had this idea prior to my post, or I simply may have seen it, loved it, and am now building on it! Please do not take offense if anything I say here and in this entire post seems to be taken from your idea!)

Curse of the hunters call
    Scales appear in patches or covering the body (silver or a different color). Is claimed by maxing out hunters call and turning in 200 fish to them.

Curse of the ol sunken eyes
    Skin appears more grayscale, eyes are pure black, and fingernails are grey. A silvery heart can be seen under the pale skin pulsing. (The hearts beat will speed up when in combat)
    Aquired from dying 5000 times (could be more, could be less. Just an idea)

The loyal servant
    A reapers curse. A gold and red reapers time glass appears on chest. The golden or black sand filters slowly through it, and when you die the sand is all at the bottom, and when your on the ferry of the damned the sand spins crazily around inside the time glass. (Patches of skin will be burn black and glowing red like coal), your eyes will be the firery red of flamehearts sill in the sky.
    Aquired from raising the reaper flag to level five x amount of times. (Could be something else)

Sirens song curse
    A lot like bill from the pirates of the Caribbean, barnacles and seaweed cover you. Water flows from your eyes in silent tears from the loss of the sirens beautiful song
    Aquired from finishing the sirens tall tale 5-10 times

Sooo that's a bunch of my ideas and I'll always have more! Comment/post any ideas or changes you want I'm love debating and feedback! Also don't hesitate to correct my info, I'm human and not always right!

Views
    feedbackxbox onewindows 10story & loreevents
  • Props to you for actually thinking about the lore when suggesting and not just say:

ADD NAVY, SCREW THE LOREEEEEEEEEEEE.

Some cool ideas. But servers would not be happy about it.

• @honeycrisp1 Too much to go through, and so little time... 🥱

I'll tackle this piece-meal later, if at all. Anyone else wanna give it a go for now? 🤔

• @galactic-geek
    It can be unhealthy to read all my genius at once.

• Very neat! I like all the ideas, especially the food fight. Bananas anyone?

• Needs tweaking on some things but overall cool ideas

• @honeycrisp1
    Friendly/tall tale flag
    This flag could be raised to signify that you mean no harm (this could be abused maybe so the flag would only be available when a tall tale is active?). People can still attack you but it's a way to say: ur a jerk for sinking me.

I was just thinking about this last night. If it's just for "leave me alone" make it take the place of an emissary flag so Reapers don't use it as cover.

I'd like to see a "Mutual Defense" flag that says, "If you don't attack me I won't attack you, and if you get attacked by Reapers I've got your back."

• @ogmutak
    Alliance flag?

• @honeycrisp1
    I've liked the idea of daggers as throwables rather than melee weapons.

• @mr-whaletoes I've tried that but people still have a tendency to attack on sight.

• @ogmutak
    I expect they still will, even if there's a special flag telling them not to.

• I think more realistically they should use the Sea Fort building and not the Haunted Fort from LOTV. This is because the Haunted Fort is not designed to have an interior, and so it would require a full rework in order to work similarly to a Sea Fort. Better to use a model already in place that includes internal and external models.

I think it would be great to have a NEW World Event added(and not just a revamp of an old one), OR player activated event like FOTD. Either have these new Sea Fort style World Events rotate with the events that already exist, maybe using the Sea Forts that are already on the map and just "super charging" one with a Cloud effect meaning it is now active as the current World Event. Or, add a singular location that is activated through something such as having to place the Enchantment Vessel in the artwork on the floor of the Jail Cell that was introduced in Adventure #2. Possibly getting the Enchantment Vessel from a purchasable voyage from Larinna similar to the Ritual Skull voyage.

• Throws a banana

"They attacked first! Ready the cannons!"

It was just a friendly banana :c

is sunk

• @ogmutak
    Smartt

• @honeycrisp1 said in My opinions, not that u asked just cause. (All my ideas, changes, and additions to the game):

@galactic-geek
    It can be unhealthy to read all my genius at once.

""Genius"" is a very strong word to use, especially since several of the ideas you suggested are not original. And many have already been confirmed as things Rare will never, ever add to the game.

• @blam320
    Bro it Was a joke chill
    Also I had no idea any of my ideas were taken beside one of the curses which I built off of, and CLEARLY STATED that I meant no mal intent and that if possible I would have sorted through every single forum post to make sure any idea that had the possibility of being similar to mine to be cited.

However, we both know I don't have the time for that and if you want to spark an argument do it somewhere else pls.
    Just chill

• @blam320
    Also I never said that ti expected that all my ideas be added to the game. Unfortunately you assumed that i expected all my ideas to be instantly added or given attention. This post was for fun, to spread around ideas. Against unfortunately you decided to take a simply joke into a larger situation
    We're all trying to have fun and debate merits of ideas here--there are millions of posts on this website do you really expect me to know which of mine are completely original?
    Also if you believe that I need to have dishes out more credit dm me the names of the ppl and I can add them! But otherwise chill

• @honeycrisp1 said in My opinions, not that u asked just cause. (All my ideas, changes, and additions to the game):

@blam320
    Also I never said that ti expected that all my ideas be added to the game. Unfortunately you assumed that i expected all my ideas to be instantly added or given attention. This post was for fun, to spread around ideas. Against unfortunately you decided to take a simply joke into a larger situation
    We're all trying to have fun and debate merits of ideas here--there are millions of posts on this website do you really expect me to know which of mine are completely original?
    Also if you believe that I need to have dishes out more credit dm me the names of the ppl and I can add them! But otherwise chill

This is the feedback and suggestions subforum. If you want to mess around and "have fun" with ideas for the game, visit the general subforum. Threads here are more or less to give directed feedback and genuine suggestions.

As for "debating their merits," like I said, many of these are confirmed never to be coming to the game. There's no debate to be had when Rare explicitly states which things they don't want to add, and why. Like the PvE/Tall Tales flag, which has been "discussed" to death, to the point where new threads containing the suggestion are locked.

• @blam320
    Nothing of what you said explained anything of my response to you?
    I'm well aware of a subforum but every forum is expected to be a friendly environment.
    Also I'm sorry if you didn't understand the joke--the joke was I was claiming that my ideas were genius and I was relating reading my genius to doing too much of anything. It was meant to be funny but I understand if u didn't get it.
    Still hurts that I got called stupid by a spaceship....

Views
feedbackxbox onewindows 10story & loreevents
1 out of 19