Make it better

• Why is it that when reports for toxic players come in its oh you have to prove it first um no it came in for a reason just deal with it and another thing wheres the invite only servers so we dont deal with people like that so we can actually play the game as the rules state and wheres the npc people like for example east india trading company that we could attack amd run from the skeletons are getting old and the last thing i feel rare owes us all some gold on the game why give us an option the spend money amd save paint jobs to the ship and then you make us repay to save it

Views
    feedbackgeneralxbox onequestioncommunity
  • @comparedfeline7 said in Make it better:

Why is it that when reports for toxic players come in its oh you have to prove it first um no it came in for a reason just deal with it and another thing wheres the invite only servers so we dont deal with people like that so we can actually play the game as the rules state and wheres the npc people like for example east india trading company that we could attack amd run from the skeletons are getting old and the last thing i feel rare owes us all some gold on the game why give us an option the spend money amd save paint jobs to the ship and then you make us repay to save it

Whoa. Ok. A lot to unpack here.

First of all, let me introduce you to this. "." It's called a period. People use it to separate thoughts into sentences with their own individual topics and such.

You have to prove reports of toxic players and those who violate the terms of service because otherwise too many people would report others just because they got sunk or lost loot. This way ensures that only those that are deserving get banned or punished (not a perfect system, but the best one currently).

"Invite only" aka PVE servers aren't available because they would take away what the developers want from the game: a PvPvE experience, where your loot can be taken by another pirate crew at any moment. Otherwise there would be no tension. If you could just stack FOTD all day long with no threat, then what's the point? That's not the game they want to make, and they are the developers so their vision is what drives development.

NPC ships would be different from the skeletons how? Because they are the Grand Maritime Union (Sea of Thieves' version of the East India Trading Company). Also, they are already here as the Sovereigns (shhhhhh, that's a secret), so it wouldn't make sense. Also, they want to make sure that you know if it's a pirate ship with human crew or something different, which is why skeleton ships are so different. If there were just NPC-crewed ships that would be too confusing and unnecessary.

Lastly, perhaps they should disable the "save to ship" function until it is fixed, but it works fine for some so a refund of gold is probably unnecessary. Just stop saving your cosmetics for now. I haven't tried to save mine because I'm stingy and knew there were issues.

• Why is it that when reports for toxic players come in its oh you have to prove it first

Because kids report stuff that is toxic or against the rules.
    Can you Eve guess how many reports people might be sending over “someone sunk me while I was doing a voyage or tall tale” or “I was sunk yet I didn’t have no loot to steal”

• To value truth and justice is to push for more accountability for power, not less.

If I were to make an accusation those around me would largely believe that I am not only telling it honestly but also accurately. They would take my word for it because of consistency throughout our interactions. This is the case for all people with a group of people around them.

That is a form of power and one that should have checks and balances, in this case that would be evidence no matter how many trust my word or support me and that works in the other direction as well, strong evidence and proof are accuracy, those that are not trusted should be supported by a system of evidence if they have been wronged.

People can support each other, be there for their friends, believe and believe in their friends but when it comes to enforcement there has to be a consistent system based on evidence and proof, objective and accountable power.

• @maximusarael020 ok first of all i dont need a school lesson if i really wanted to use it i would have and second of all they need to take the game down then seeing that the rules state dont mess with newbs and people on the voyages

• @comparedfeline7

Ok, show me in the rules where it says that?

• @wolfmanbush how can we do anything when your platform supports bullying even when it says it doent the arguement you are bringing doent make since and im talking to rare not you i am simply telling them of their problems that they are not taking care of and a better option to play the game that in my opinion will be way better put in invite only keep the loser trolls away let us play properly as well its a better way to play npcs and everything

• @maximusarael020 look on the tavern note by the door

• I wish there was a server you could just join your friends as well. But that is because a large group of friends of mine want to do hunters call and hunt megs and krakens

• The amount of times I’ve been reported on a FPS PvP game for “hacking” because I won a 1v3 in a battle royale is mind boggling. I am normally an Xbox player, I definitely am not “hacking” I just know how to use my environment to my advantage.

The reason for stating that, is that this is exactly the reason you need to prove it. My account is quite old and although I have had many reports in certain very specific games(Apex Legends for example), I have never had even the slightly bit of disciplinary action because I am not doing anything wrong. I am not a toxic person, I am both a gracious winner and a gracious loser, I am a strict rule follower, but I know that I am in the minority. People in general like to win, and if they don’t then they think you must be cheating somehow, have the upper hand somehow, so they need to report you to make themselves feel better.

As unfortunate as it is to sometimes not have the proof someone did or said something against the rules. The report doesn’t go unnoticed. If they are a toxic player or a hacker, they will get a LOT more reports than the average player and it will bring attention to their account.

• @comparedfeline7
    It says to respect new pirates on their voyage. That means don't disparage anyone just because they are new. It's meant to suggest to not have elitism just because you've been playing for a thousand hours and you meet someone on their second day.

It does NOT mean you cannot sink new players or people on voyages. If you couldn't sink people on voyages then most people in the game would be off limits. You can absolutely sink new players, steal from them, etc. Just respect them while you do. PvP isn't toxic or mean or disrespectful. It's part of a pirate's lifestyle. But we can be respectful in our engagements on the seas.

@maximusarael020 ok first of all i dont need a school lesson if i really wanted to use it i would have and second of all they need to take the game down then seeing that the rules state dont mess with newbs and people on the voyages

This has been assumed multiple times.
    The 'rules' of piracy don't say ANYTHING about not sinking new players. The devs have said this.

Why is it that when reports for toxic players come in its oh you have to prove it

Because of a little concept called, "innocent until proven guilty".

• 1- Human NPCs raise the age rating.
    2- Rare won’t ban someone without evidence because someone could be lying. It’s a logical way to handle a report, and asking for a change is a terrible idea. How would you like it if someone didn’t like you and lied to Rare that you did bad things to them, resulting in a ban? This would happen a LOT.

Seriously, this is the second time today that I’ve had to explain this.

• @maximusarael020 it stats dont bother on the voyage thats in general but its cool i see you sir are one of the trolls that supports bullying and a strong hate towards the game

• @vakrisone ya that make since make a report for a clear reason let them still get away with it then take it in your hands get banned typical the one who defends gets into trouble

• @comparedfeline7 Lets look at the community code of conduct:

Source: https://seaofthieves.com/code-of-conduct

Be a good sport. Sea of Thieves is a pirate game, and stealth, stealing and battles are all part of the fun. All pirates on the seas accept that, but be a good sportsman in both victory and loss.

The thing is getting attacked, sunk, killed, stolen from is not toxic. It never is, it never will be.

Invite only servers/custom servers are a thing that are being worked on and are available to bigger communities and sea of thieves partners. However there is one drawback, any and all progression is disabled on them, no gold, no doubloons, no reputation, no commendations or anything like that. Because they are designed to be used for community generated events like: race of legends

It is uncertain if they will become available to the general public at any point in time and if so if they will be free or payed. (Servers cost money to keep online)

The reason for the removal of progression is because pvp is just as much part of the game as pve is, pvp is a designed risk within the game and a core design pillar.

• @callmebackdraft nope thats bs they can make it where we find our maps and do rreasure the only thing community about it is if there are events which ive been playing a long while and cam stat there rarely are so they can infact make invite friend only servers and still allow progression

• @callmebackdraft check the tabern rules dont send 2 different rules out there cuz thats bs and yall can clearly tell whos new that is easy 2 tell so if that being said leave us alone

@callmebackdraft nope thats (no no word) they can make it where we find our maps and do rreasure the only thing community about it is if there are events which ive been playing a long while and cam stat there rarely are so they can infact make invite friend only servers and still allow progression

Calm down. Like it or not, private servers with progression will never happen. Hate to sound like a broken record, but SoT is a PvPvE fantasy pirate game. Being attacked is a huge part of the game, and to be frank, it makes gameplay fun. It took me years to figure this out, and once you do, you'll love this game even more.

I think it's about time this thread is locked. It's become a bit of a war in the comments and I think profanity is the last straw.
    @global-moderators

• @comparedfeline7 there is ways to get 5 ships on a server without using the custom server feature.

These are also called alliance servers and there are communities that use this to grind gold.

I can promise you the custom servers partnered content creators have access to have no progression whatsoever because it is literally impossible to sell stuff (the npc’s aren’t there).

I have been part of this community since before release.

Anyway, if you dont believe me you might actually believe Rare:

https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/136693/pvpve-the-team-s-thoughts/1

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/custom-servers-update

(Look at the key features part)

nd yes they could create servers where progression is enabled but they key thing is they wont because it goes against the core of the game they have made

@callmebackdraft check the tabern rules dont send 2 different rules out there cuz thats bs and yall can clearly tell whos new that is easy 2 tell so if that being said leave us alone

The tavern rules have an exact opposite of them also present in the game, i believe in wandas hideout on wanderers refuge.

The code of conduct has been put in place to have a clear definition of what is considered toxic or not.

And what i quoted came with its source from this very website.

Like it or not its a pvpve game and loot is not yours until you sold it.

• @comparedfeline7

The section of the code in question is:

Article 6
    Respect New Pirates and Their Voyage Ahead
    May the old legends help to forge new ones: treat new pirates with respect and share your knowledge.

This says nothing about not sinking new players, as sinking players is not disrespectful. Nor does it say anything about not sinking people on an Emissary Voyage, it's talking about the voyage of learning about and experiencing the Sea of Thieves.

If it was a rule to not sink new players, then there would be an obvious indication that a player was new: a special banner or symbol above them. Otherwise, how is anyone to know? Many sweaty players who have maxed out everything play on ships with base cosmetics and sailors clothes. You can't tell by looking who is new and who has a thousand hours.

The meaning of that article of the code is to not disparage players just because they are new, and if they are in your crew or if you are feeling friendly to share knowledge and tips with them. It's not a "don't attack new players" rule. That's how we learned. We all learned the game by playing, experiencing things, getting sunk, having our treasure stolen. That's all part of the game.

The sooner you come to terms that in this game treasure is never yours until it's sold, and combat is not in and of itself toxic, the happier you'll be. Being sunk, killed, or stolen from is part of the game, and not anyone being mean or toxic or malicious.

That's the agreement we make when we enter the seas. If you don't care for that agreement, perhaps this is not the game for you.

Maybe check out Salt 2!

• @comparedfeline7 So you want a super sensitive moderation team over trivial reports, alongside PvE Servers...

You're new here. Welcome to Sea of Thieves. This is a PvPvE Open World game where other players might kill and sink you for whatever reason they desire. If that's not your type of game, you may have to look elsewhere, but if you want to stick with this game, you'll want to break in. Many of the forum users here can help you with game tips to prevent frustrations with sinking. Sinking will happen often and you will have players act a little mean towards you because you're in a PvP conflict. That's just a PvPvE game on the internet.

• You're asking the developers to make a game that you want, rather than the game they want to make.

Doesn't that seem a little entitled of you?

It's perfectly legitimate to want a game that is like Sea of Thieves but is PvE only and/or has a PvE only mode. But Sea of Thieves is not that game, and if the developers don't want to put time and resources into making a mode like that, that is entirely their right.

They wanted to make a PvPvE game, that is their vision and right to do so.

• Arrr..
    First of all.. you have to be a pirate for the pirate code to apply.. and you dont sound like a pirate..
    Secondly.. The pirate code is more of.. guidelines than rules.

Why is it that when reports for toxic players come in its oh you have to prove it first um no it came in for a reason just deal with it and another thing wheres the invite only servers so we dont deal with people like that so we can actually play the game as the rules state and wheres the npc people like for example east india trading company that we could attack amd run from the skeletons are getting old and the last thing i feel rare owes us all some gold on the game why give us an option the spend money amd save paint jobs to the ship and then you make us repay to save it

As others have stated you need to provide evidence of the issue when you report it so its dealt with in the correct manner.

Invite only servers are content creation ones and are still in the testing phase with actual content creators that have signed up for it and are not designed with normal game play in mind i.e making gold and progression of your milestones, commendations etc.

The Emporium and Sovereigns are the ones at this time that are the foot hold representatives of the Grand Maritime Union as the in game locations and lore expands.

Captaincy is still in the being fixed as retail bugs happen stage so if you don't want to constantly pay to save your ship sets to your ship then don't and just swap sessions or just reapply them in the mean time.

• @animeowl0807 In the future, please flag the post rather than pinging a certain portion of the staff. If you click on the little ship wheel to the right of the time window of when the post was made, you'll see several options. At the bottom of that list is "flag this post for moderation". This will get it seen by the entire team rather than just a certain portion of it.

Now to topic at hand. @comparedfeline7, the others have given you the right of it. The part of those items that says "respect new pirates and their voyages ahead" does simply mean to not be disrespectful and rude and nothing more. New players can be sunk and new players can be stolen from. There is nothing harmful or wrong about that. So long as the ones doing it aren't being mean, rude, trolling, etc, then they are doing what pirates do best and are totally within their rights to do so. It is not "toxic" or anything of the sort, but rather people just playing the game they bought/got through their Game Pass subscription.

Next, the part about PvE (invite only) servers. Again, as others have stated, those will not happen. The game is meant to be an shared world PvPvE experience. Such servers would go against that design and so they will not come to be. There are custom servers being tested, but once again the users in this thread have been right. They allow no progression, purchases, or anything of the sort. And that is due to the fact that the NPCs simply do not exist on outposts, etc. They are meant for holding events that do not rely on these items and have worked out great in that respect thus far.

And finally, thank you to everyone who tried to assist and we will go ahead and drop anchor on it here as this has mostly just been another request for PvE servers. Cheers.

Views
feedbackgeneralxbox onequestioncommunity
12 out of 28