More Roleplay Options

• Rare, we desperately need more rp options in this game. Basically, make the world seem like pirates actually live in it. Example, stuff at outposts like games or whatever. Ik the games is a concept bear to death, but it’s whatever. We have alcohol, why not gambling. Why can’t I play cards or roll dice on my ship. Also, add extra stuff on ships to make it seem believable that we live there. Hammocks, tables, rum storage? Yes, we have a grog keg, but we also have rum bottles that we can’t even drink out of. Rum bottles would be sick. Doors your can close.

More Instruments
    Yes, more instruments. Stuff like the violin or fiddle. Horns, guitars, flutes, heck, even whatever instrument that one guy from a pirates life in the town was playing. Just give us more variety.

Views
    merchandisefeedbackgeneral
  • From what I remember from the "Roadmap"
    Season 8 has "Expanded Role Play" and new quest Types? (which was suppose to come out in September.....)

and Season 9 says, New Social Options.

• Well, yeah, but “we still don’t know” what’s in store for us. Especially for seasons 9 or 10.

• Gambling's out, likely due to ratings reasons - also, minigames might sound great, but will adversely affect exploration and voyages.

• @galactic-geek, More Roleplay Options içinde yazdı:

Gambling's out, likely due to ratings reasons - also, minigames might sound great, but will adversely affect exploration and voyages.

Lets add pig murder, alcohol, skeletons and LITERALLY A SOUL BINDING RITUAL TO TRAP PEOPLE FOR ETERNITY.

Add gambling, NOOO THAT'S TOO MUCH.

I never get the whole concept XD

• @thorumsu Well, the rating system for gaming is really weird. I get that Rare would want to add as much as possible to fulfill our pirate fantasy, but the rating system limits that. Adding gambling would most likely move it to M, which puts it at 18+. Since it’s at T rn, they can get away with alcohol. I don’t get why adding gambling moves it when we have alcohol it’s ok.

• @thorumsu said in More Roleplay Options:

@galactic-geek, More Roleplay Options içinde yazdı:

Gambling's out, likely due to ratings reasons - also, minigames might sound great, but will adversely affect exploration and voyages.

Lets add pig murder, alcohol, skeletons and LITERALLY A SOUL BINDING RITUAL TO TRAP PEOPLE FOR ETERNITY.

Add gambling, NOOO THAT'S TOO MUCH.

I never get the whole concept XD

It's kind of like how TV and movies glorify violence and murder, but shun something as natural as nudity...

• @galactic-geek I don't understand how gambling would raise the game's rating, we've had older games do simulated gambling but retain the E10+ (pirates of the caribbean online which had poker and blackjack) and in more "modern" times we have star wars the old republic which has slot machines but the game remained rated T, so I don't see why we couldn't have a poker table in SoT? So long as it doesn't involved real life currency and sticks to only in-game gold it should be fine if Disney could get away with an E10+ rating with simulated gambling.

• @navillicious said in More Roleplay Options:

@galactic-geek I don't understand how gambling would raise the game's rating, we've had older games do simulated gambling but retain the E10+ (pirates of the caribbean online which had poker and blackjack) and in more "modern" times we have star wars the old republic which has slot machines but the game remained rated T, so I don't see why we couldn't have a poker table in SoT? So long as it doesn't involved real life currency and sticks to only in-game gold it should be fine if Disney could get away with an E10+ rating with simulated gambling.

You're still not addressing how it would affect the core gameplay loop of exploration, encounters, or combat.

• @galactic-geek Not sure how it would negatively impact those features, you have a poker table in the tavern and if you choose to you can sit down and play poker with others and bet some coin. Nobody at the table? You can do one of two things, either have NPC's dedicated to the tables that will play against you if nobody is there or do what red dead redemption 2 did and matchmake you into a table with other players, if you don't want to play poker just go about your business, gold gains would probably be relatively small and would need to be capped to let's say 7500 for example. That's to prevent gold boosting like you would see in POTCO back in the day, not that it made much of a difference lol. It would really just be a fun little addition to the game if you don't feel like adventuring, not sure what the problem with that would be?

• @navillicious said in More Roleplay Options:

@galactic-geek Not sure how it would negatively impact those features, you have a poker table in the tavern and if you choose to you can sit down and play poker with others and bet some coin. Nobody at the table? You can do one of two things, either have NPC's dedicated to the tables that will play against you if nobody is there or do what red dead redemption 2 did and matchmake you into a table with other players, if you don't want to play poker just go about your business, gold gains would probably be relatively small and would need to be capped to let's say 7500 for example. That's to prevent gold boosting like you would see in POTCO back in the day, not that it made much of a difference lol. It would really just be a fun little addition to the game if you don't feel like adventuring, not sure what the problem with that would be?

what about pvp
    is it gonna poker gonna be a safe zone
    if yes then it would probably be exploited and stop people from killing you
    if no then are you probably gonna get kicked out of the game or leave or die, which would be annoying.
    Plus, either way, it would distract people. People could sink your ship easily while you're playing poker.
    Just kinda a messy concept, and while I'll like it to be added, I dont think it will.

• Fair enough, I'm not saying the concept wouldn't need extra thought put into it originally I was just pointing out that other games have had simulated gambling and retained a below-M rating. Just spitballing ideas of how it could work, maybe it could be an instanced thing more like RDR2 had it when they added poker for online, you matchmake into a table and leave your ship and crew behind like you would if you left the crew. If the table was in the overworld it would definitely need to be setup to where you can still take damage, more thought would need to be put into how that would work with the server if another crew rolls up and wants to fight rather than play a hand with you, although I imagine once you hear the first cannon shot you would just stand up and make a break for your ship.

Views
merchandisefeedbackgeneral
7 out of 12