Captaincy, not sure if bug…

• @galactic-geek No thanks. I i cant play the game like i want to play it so im done. Im a completionist i gues. But the milestones are impossible to complete. Especially in open servers. Nothing worse than being bothered all the time when you are trying to get commendations.

• It's easier than ever to stop what you're doing and start fresh on a new server. If you want Captaincy progression, switch servers. If you value whatever you're in the middle of MORE than your Captaincy progression when your Captain has to leave, then don't switch servers. It's super duper simple.

As a side, this is finally Rare's ability to discourage discord alliance servers. Enjoy your gold with no Captaincy progression!

• @spoonin-robot Funny you say this. I have no idea what the dude below you is on about, but I’m sitting on 50 mil from server alliances. I happen to own a server alliance discord. And my rule is to sell after you hit grade 5. Then, after you complete voyages I have people sell. You’re looking about a turn in with money every hour, never had annnny issues regarding gold.

We also have it set to where if players plan on staying long, I have those people help hop for servers and remain captains of the ship so progress is made.

If you’re interested, lmk, you have to be 18+ and own a mic.

• @spoonin-robot said in Captaincy, not sure if bug…:

@galactic-geek No thanks. I i cant play the game like i want to play it so im done. Im a completionist i gues. But the milestones are impossible to complete. Especially in open servers. Nothing worse than being bothered all the time when you are trying to get commendations.

Leaving so soon?

• @daenerion said in Captaincy, not sure if bug…:

@spoonin-robot Funny you say this. I have no idea what the dude below you is on about, but I’m sitting on 50 mil from server alliances. I happen to own a server alliance discord. And my rule is to sell after you hit grade 5. Then, after you complete voyages I have people sell. You’re looking about a turn in with money every hour, never had annnny issues regarding gold.

We also have it set to where if players plan on staying long, I have those people help hop for servers and remain captains of the ship so progress is made.

If you’re interested, lmk, you have to be 18+ and own a mic.

Getting to grade 5 takes anywhere between 30 minutes to 1 hour, which still tracks with my recommendation of how often a crew should probably turn in. 😉

• @galactic-geek "The intention was not to expect every player to have everything, but for players to have those items that represent a chosen play style, unique to you and your crew." Just insulting to completionists. Nothing about captaincy transfer. Uninstalled the game.

• @daenerion Thanks for the offer, but im out.

• @galactic-geek never had an issue about the times you’re saying to turn in. I’ve had no issues when it comes to mass selling. I do have people turning in on the hour and I’ve yet to see problems. 😝

@galactic-geek "The intention was not to expect every player to have everything, but for players to have those items that represent a chosen play style, unique to you and your crew." Just insulting to completionists. Nothing about captaincy transfer. Uninstalled the game.

Suit yourself. Just understand that, like in life, you will never have everything, and striving for it can only ever end in disappointment.

• This is not a bug. Once you purchase a ship, it is permanently yours. Voting for a new captain is not a good idea because why would anyone spend over 300k gold for something they won't get to keep if they decide to log out? The whole point is that it is yours and this only encourages you to captain your own ship instead of relying on someone else's boat. I understand that sometimes a captain in an open crew can leave unexpectedly, but that shouldn't stop any of you from going forward to sell loot to reapers if convenience is all you're looking for. There are other options.

• @galactic-geek But i DID almost have everything in this game. Only needed 8 more coms and i was done. Now i have to start over. No way lol. Also, they say they tried to represent every playstyle... Except completionist and alliance player i gues. They somehow forgot those. They could make alliance servers easy to set up but they choose not to. Give me 10% of the gold on alliance server, just want comms anyways. This update is a slap in the face for anyone caring about comms or alliance.

• @spoonin-robot Rare has openly said in the past they don't support the play style of manufactured alliance servers...you're shocked that they still don't after Captaincy was introduced?

• @sweetsandman said in Captaincy, not sure if bug…:

@spoonin-robot Rare has openly said in the past they don't support the play style of manufactured alliance servers...you're shocked that they still don't after Captaincy was introduced?

This. @spoonin-ROBOT - furthermore, as a completionist, you should be happy. They gave you more reasons to keep playing for much longer!

Former POTUS, John F. Kennedy once said:

"We choose to ... and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills..."

• @galactic-geek It’s amusing to me when people are condescending and actually think they have a platform to tell others how to do things.

• @tuukut said in Captaincy, not sure if bug…:

@galactic-geek It’s amusing to me when people are condescending and actually think they have a platform to tell others how to do things.

I have not been condescending in this thread, and this is a platform that is used to communicate.

• @Galactic-Being part of a thriving server alliance with servers up 24 hours a day is like having a 2nd job. It was doable and enjoyable for me, even if it meant hopping for servers for hours almost every day. Hundreds of people are in our group. Nobody liked the update. Cause they are all completionists in there. Some of my friends do have all the comms, except for a few shrouded. They have close to 1B gold. They only play to help others. Explain the game to new players we recruit while rolling servers and to play with friends in alliance. I was almost there as well. But after the update its like they reset my pirate that i have been working on so hard. I am legendary hunter of the sea of thieves. Now i need to do fishing again ? Cant you understand that is ridiculous ? Gues you just dont care about coms at all. Or you get payed by rare to defend this garbage lol. im done wasting my time on this game. You Kennedy quote is not suitable at all by the way. You are basically saying i should do whatever rare decides to put out there as crazy milestones and rejoice. Hell no. Once again rare spits in my face and tells me i should like it. This was the last time though.

• @sweetsandman said in Captaincy, not sure if bug…:

@spoonin-robot Rare has openly said in the past they don't support the play style of manufactured alliance servers...you're shocked that they still don't after Captaincy was introduced?

They always tolerated alliance servers though. I was ok with how it was. This update changed everything for alliance players on multiple fronts, thats why im mad.

• @qwistae The title of this post made me lol

@sweetsandman said in Captaincy, not sure if bug…:

They always tolerated alliance servers though. I was ok with how it was. This update changed everything for alliance players on multiple fronts, thats why im mad.

Tolerated. Exactly. It's not like they banned players who used or manufactured alliance servers.

Alliance servers are effectively a loophole that Rare couldn't close. Captaincy just expanded the game without expanding the loophole.

Sorry your loophole became more challenging to exploit. Don't be mad at Rare...be mad at yourself for getting so hooked on an exploit that it became the only way you can enjoy the game.

• @sweetsandman Nailed it! 😁

• I would like that be able to take control of the ship as in I'm the captain now when someone leaves. Take a four man gally for example. Say the captain needs to leave for real world issues. We should be able to vote a new captain up. I think this would make sense or even have it so we can switch captains altogether. This might help with the fact only one of use gets the ship achievements and allow each of us over the course of the session to take command without needlessly sitting thru loading screens to get a new ship.

• @karmicxkoala1 I totally agree, it’s your ship no one else should be Captain.

However, if the Shipwright had an option for a small fee to turn the ship into someone else’s Captained ship allowing all supplies to carry over that might work.

Progression in voyage kept, but logbook restarts. Unsure if that could be implemented though.

• What if the Captain had the ability to choose a 1st mate? That lucky individual would then act as a proxy captain during the captain's absence with all (temporary) honors captain features. 😁

• It is not a bug, but I think the ship should still be a "captained ship" even if the captainleaves, it is still named after all

Views
questionfeedbackevents
48 out of 59