Upstairs at the taverns..

• Hi guys was wondering if the upstairs at the tavern will ever be open. I have an idea I'd like to share,
    Was wondering if you could use that as a entertainment area, every tavern has a different activity to do
    Like a poker game, Yahtze , blackjack, billiards, darts ect, 50 coins to play if you win its free ancient coins, if
    Lose you get sent to plunder valley or old faith full Island with a map to find a key to let you go back to your game, with a reward of ancient coins and doubloons if key is found, key can also open ashen chests and with an option to return to ship anyway if you can not find
    the key in 10 minutes,.it might be good it might not add your thoughts, cheers....

Views
    questioncommunityfeedbackevents
  • I would love a mini-game lobby ish thing with the upstairs of the tavern. Where you can do these kind of things, some kind of card games, dice or something else where you can gamble. Maybe it's a club, where you have to pay a certain amount to enter or something. It would be a fun addition, however how it would be made, I do not know. But it would have to be a pvp free zone for it to work, but you cant bring anything in. And maybe you get teleported to a connected room, just like the athenas hideout.

• @northstar1535 with a punishment like, to get back to your game when you lose, nobody would ever play! Besides, it would take crews away from their Adventures anyways - and that affects everyone. If I can't get back to my game, it means others can't steal from me.

Why do you think the Bilge Rats broke the stairs to begin with? Because it wasn't profitable for them!

• @northstar1535 said in Upstairs at the taverns..:

Hi guys was wondering if the upstairs at the tavern will
    ever be open. I have an idea I'd like to share,

Sure! I want that place to be open too!

Was wondering if you could use that as a entertainment area, every tavern has a different activity to do

Maybe. Although linking it to individual taverns might be annoying.

Like a poker game, Yahtze , blackjack, billiards, darts ect, 50 coins to play if you win its free ancient coins, if

Well, any games that involve gambling can't be added because it would change the rating. I could, however, see the darts working well! Hitting the center might unlock a cosmetic or something.

Lose you get sent to plunder valley or old faith full Island with a map to find a key to let you go back to your game, with a reward of ancient coins and doubloons if key is found, key can also open ashen chests and with an option to return to ship anyway if you can not find

That's just seems annoying, or a cheesy way to farm ancient coins and doubloons. Doesn't make sense for the key to open ashen chest either.

and with an option to return to ship anyway if you can not find the key in 10 minutes,.it might be good it might not add your thoughts, cheers....

That kinda ruins the point of throwing you on the island though. And just wastes 10 minutes.

Don't think it's a good way of adding the upstairs level, but I could see some games like darts or something work well! As long as it doesn't involve gold, it would be fine and wouldn't change ratings

• One of the many mysteries of SoT. Will it open? What would it be?

• @northstar1535 said in Upstairs at the taverns..:

Hi guys was wondering if the upstairs at the tavern will ever be open. I have an idea I'd like to share,
    the key in 10 minutes,.it might be good it might not add your thoughts, cheers....

Besides taking people away from playing the game, you are introducing a very real world problem. You wanting to use Ancient Coins isn't going to happen no matter what because that in effect is actual gambling since Ancient Coins have a real monetary value. And the punishment you are introducing is definitely an non-starter, even without your real world gambling mechanics that won't get past a lot of countries laws anyway.

Overall your idea is not well thought out on any level. Not much to like here at all. Luckily we don't have to worry about it happening being such a bad idea as it is.

• I’ve always assumed Flameheart is plotting his evil schemes up there. Right under all our noses!

• @scurvywoof said in Upstairs at the taverns..:

I’ve always assumed Flameheart is plotting his evil schemes up there. Right under all our noses!

Well, to be fair, he is a floating phantom head - it's not like he needs to use the stairs. 😅

• I've also thought about that and also the downstairs part in the Athena hideout where the pirate lord sits there's like a somewhat trapped door and some stairs there..

Views
questioncommunityfeedbackevents
6 out of 9