My take on uses for your own Recovered Emissary Flag

• I get that this is a controversial topic, but here's my take on it (which IMO is still quite balanced).

If you manage to go through all the effort of saving your emissary flag from the dark abyss, I think you should be able to take it back to the faction you were an emissary of and then they'll give you the amount of gold you would've been paid if you had gone to them earlier and lowered the flag.

It's not much, but it would feel like less of a kick in the balls than only being able to sell it for 1 gold (as you currently can). And going through the effort of recovering it, I think you should get at least that much. Or if you still think it's too much, then what about half that?

Views
    just for funfeedback
  • If anything, you should pay a fine to the trading company if you disgrace their flag. Bringing in your lost flag would be even more insulting to them.

So no changes to the system is needed. Getting nothing is the thing you get for LOOSING your ship.

• I would agree. You should be able to attach it back

But for a price. The faction leaders should charge you or lower your grade as punishment for loosing it in the first place.

Not good for business

• @burnbacon said in My take on uses for your own Recovered Emissary Flag:

I would agree. You should be able to attach it back

But for a price. The faction leaders should charge you or lower your grade as punishment for loosing it in the first place.

Not good for business

That would be good as well, I'd be willing to pay to have it back. And I'd take it back even if it were at a lower rank. But only being able to sell of for 1 gold (and that's it) just feels insulting.

• The way I see it is when you became an Emissary you agreed to terms. Within those terms is the agreement to not sink, the entire bonus is designed to encourage players to hoard and reward their ability to stay afloat. The minute you sink is the minute you broke those terms. Its High Risk High rewards, not a Minor risk with steps to alleviate the risk for keeping High Rewards. Its not about turning in a flag, its about demonstrating your tenacity of staying above water.

• @ghostfire1981 said in My take on uses for your own Recovered Emissary Flag:

If anything, you should pay a fine to the trading company if you disgrace their flag. Bringing in your lost flag would be even more insulting to them.

So no changes to the system is needed. Getting nothing is the thing you get for LOOSING your ship.

Agreed, I mean the game is pretty rewarding in general anyway in my opinion.

• @hijack-hayes said in My take on uses for your own Recovered Emissary Flag:

@ghostfire1981 said in My take on uses for your own Recovered Emissary Flag:

If anything, you should pay a fine to the trading company if you disgrace their flag. Bringing in your lost flag would be even more insulting to them.

It's less about being rewarded than it is about feeling like you've been kicked in the nuts (because you can carry it around but not do anything with it), and that even a small amount of money being given to you if you had taken the time to take it back could help alleviate that.

• @hotklou9848 said in My take on uses for your own Recovered Emissary Flag:

@hijack-hayes said in My take on uses for your own Recovered Emissary Flag:

It's less about being rewarded than it is about feeling like you've been kicked in the nuts (because you can carry it around but not do anything with it), and that even a small amount of money being given to you if you had taken the time to take it back could help alleviate that.

The don't carry it around or give it away.
    Bury it somewhere and then steal it from those that dig it up ... (not sure if that works though, but as other flags become yours, perhaps yours becomes theirs...).

• @lem0n-curry said in My take on uses for your own Recovered Emissary Flag:

@hotklou9848 said in My take on uses for your own Recovered Emissary Flag:

The don't carry it around or give it away.
    Bury it somewhere and then steal it from those that dig it up ... (not sure if that works though, but as other flags become yours, perhaps yours becomes theirs...).

I don't think that works. That flag will (I think) always be marked as having been your emissary flag, and as such will only be sellable for 1 gold even if they dig it up and you steal it back.

• @hotklou9848 said in My take on uses for your own Recovered Emissary Flag:

Maybe the 'kick in the nuts' as you so eloquently put it will help you to hone your abilities? The stick to go with the carrot, so to speak...

• @hijack-hayes said in My take on uses for your own Recovered Emissary Flag:

@hotklou9848 said in My take on uses for your own Recovered Emissary Flag:

Maybe the 'kick in the nuts' as you so eloquently put it will help you to hone your abilities? The stick to go with the carrot, so to speak...

Oh, it worked. I just wish it wasn't such a harsh lesson lol.

• @hijack-hayes Nah, it just plain hurts…

OWIE

Views
just for funfeedback
6 out of 12