Penny Dreadfuls, the Perseverance Rover, and things that make you go Hmmm...

• A duo sloop tried to ambush me at the reaper's hideout and failed
    Their plan B was to try to sweet talk me to try to get me off my guard and feel safe selling.

At this point I have two choices.
    Kill them and sell my loot
    or let them think they are going to ambush me in a rowboat with a keg for an hour an a half sailing around
    letting them get just close enough to have hope only to have me take off multiple times

I went with my own plan B

then I sold safely

They will remember this as the day they almost got Captain WolfManbush

• clip

You see? even skelly galleons have a rough day sometimes.

• As a grade 4 reaper I got sunk by a grade 3 reaper brig today
    Good angles, good cannons, good board, good crew
    I appreciate when a crew attacks me with something to lose

Sometimes it makes me ask myself if I want to do it anymore
    I've done it all
    I've seen it all
    I've fought it all
    What else is there?
    Is it worth it anymore?

I don't have the answers
    not even for myself
    all I have is desire to get back up
    to set sail again
    land never felt like home

So I got up
    I set sail
    maybe someday I'll better understand why
    until then
    there is no place like home

• I'm your Huckleberry

I was hard anchored with my sails down at K-9 watching a galleon fire off fireworks in the distance
    Wasn't using an emissary and didn't have any treasure I was just enjoying the sights and seclusion

Eventually the galleon headed my direction
    as they sailed by they lit up my sloop with 6 cannonballs and went for the board to surely spawn camp

I wasn't going to fight and just intended to continue enjoying my sitting spot
    but then I thought about how they saw the situation
    a hard anchored sloop with no cosmetics and sails down at a tall tale island

I hop on my ship and kill the boarders and engage with the galleon.
    I sink them once and put up a reaper emissary so they have something to take if they win and start working on the fleet until they return, I know they will return for revenge.

but the tall tale killers fall once again

• Gold and glory is always chaos

So far I've only been sunk by one attacker (brig) and I've sunk 6 galleons, 2 brigs, 5 sloops that all attacked me first

Tomorrow is the bloodiest day of my week. With gold and glory it will be even more of an uphill climb

It is likely I will be taking losses going forward. Probably at least 2 before the gold and glory ends.

I'll be ready for it.

• Taking a reaper 5 haul to turn in during gold rush time and gold and glory
    a nice payday after a fleet battle and a couple pirate battles to defend it

I'm almost at reaper's hideout and that's when the sea chose me to teach a lesson I've already long understood
    the sea giveth and she taketh away whenever she wants to

Sometimes in pirate life things don't go as planned
    but that's the adventure

I've enjoyed the spoils
    and now it's my turn to have my intentions spoiled

Here is a clip and the aftermath

• The double, double tap

This is why it's important to embrace the ways of the sea rather than fight against her
    She took a reaper 5 haul from me with 2 kegs only a few hours ago and then she gave me 2 kegs for me to use for my benefit

A grade 4 duo reaper stalked me for an hour. I also got to grade 4 from a fleet.

Eventually they decided to use the reaper's hideout as their personal fort to try to take my loot

I launch over to accept the bait and what is there? 2 kegs to hit me with that I was able to use to sink them with.

I had to fight them one more time and ultimately ended up sinking them with 2 kegs from crook's hollow as well

Here are 2 clips

• I've heard pirates try to justify killing and sinking other pirates under all conditions.
    I've heard other pirates say "I could never do this" or "I could never do that"
    Like most things I find myself somewhere in the middle
    I could do it. I could kill and I could sink those that have done no harm to me.
    but I would have to face the only pirate that scares me to deal with that, myself
    the only feeling I can't handle efficiently, guilt
    I've long crossed the line of any sort of decency.
    I've committed to piracy and within that I've sacrificed integrity to serve myself
    justifying what I do by listing off what I don't do would be a cowardly act to avoid accountability
    but I think trying to hold and maintain a personal code of piracy even if hypocritical allows some form of hope for improvement

clip

• Another blood soaked weekend of gold and glory in the books for me

Many times a week duo sloops or larger ships wait and watch me work on solo fleets and then at some point they sail at me with a keg play or some other ambush strategy. All they need to do is get a board and a kill to take control. The odds are in their favor and I'm the one with the loot but this is what I chose. It's always a choice. I have no interest in fighting someone that doesn't want to fight. No interest in fighting people that are incapable of competently defending themselves. I want the hostility brought to me. I need to be the target. I need to be hunted. It's the only time it feels right.

clip

• Will I be able to trick a grade 5 reaper party galleon full of 4 skilled players camping the hideout long enough to get my bounty turned in and my flag lowered?

First I had to read the crew and their skills/combat preferences
    then I made sure they knew I was solo
    then I frustrated them for a long time by keeping them from camping me to where they really wanted to camp me
    got an angle to sail directly into them slowly knowing they would go for the camping rather than the sink.
    had to have the boat close enough to lower but odd enough to make them focus on boarding and camping
    by time they figured it out I had enough time to sell and lower

clip

• I'm ready to take a break from the seas so I sail from reapers after selling my loot to plunder outpost to drop off my supplies for someone to use and lower my flag
    A hostile ship starts hunting me around FoTD but I just keep heading to the outpost to drop off my supplies.
    There is a merchant brig there so I just run my ship straight into them and drop my storage crate off on the beach and lower my flag
    Then I decide "let's see what happens" and I board the brig to use their cannons to take out the hostile sloop while the brig crew just stood there watching and confused. (appreciate that they didn't blunder me in the back or sword me into oblivion)

clip

• Ah, you think darkness is your ally?
    You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

clip

• The one shot ram strat sink

clip

• let me help you with that
    clip

• @wolfmanbush

Your adventures sure are impressive matey!

But..........................DAMN!!! Your pirate looks so ugly!

• @greengrimz said in Penny Dreadfuls, the Perseverance Rover, and things that make you go Hmmm...:

@wolfmanbush

He's been by my side through every battle, every loss and every victory. Our highs and lows have all been shared together.
    We came from nothing and we found a way to survive and thrive.

He's what has made the adventure beautiful.

• @wolfmanbush said in Penny Dreadfuls, the Perseverance Rover, and things that make you go Hmmm...:

@greengrimz said in Penny Dreadfuls, the Perseverance Rover, and things that make you go Hmmm...:

@wolfmanbush

He's been by my side through every battle, every loss and every victory. Our highs and lows have all been shared together.
    We came from nothing and we found a way to survive and thrive.

He's what has made the adventure beautiful.

I'm sure he's very beautiful on the inside mate, but why does he have to look like he just came out of a lava-filled jacuzzi on the outside? With his towel and all...

• I find fighting Flameheart in the fog at night to be invigorating and beautiful.
    really the only time I am interested in that battle
    and what's up with them calling plunder valley, cannon cove?

clip

• mast clip

solo fleet fun clips

• Lots of hostility out there lately.
    earned some losses and earned some wins and lots of fleet loot be sinkin' out there during drawn out battles
    life as a solo isn't something I'd recommend to many
    but for me I think it was meant to be

got loot sold and then fought this galleon that showed up a few minutes too late
    clip

• Survived the weekly slaughter sunday sesh

Yolo clip

both sank

Slaughter Sunday night time sesh
    thankfully avoided Davy Jones' locker

• clips

random deck shot

grade 5 reaper with FoTD loot
    this ended up being quite a long deal with a hidden athena and multiple battles
    clip

hostile sloop that followed me around for a long time and for some reason waited until after I sold and lowered to get very aggressive
    clip1
    clip2

• Lag is pretty wild for me post maintenance and 6 ships increases the risk but whatever happens, happens

clips

this brig just went to the hideout and sat there waiting for me to finish my session, which is not a style that I reward by making it easy.
    I lured them out and we had a battle for about 25 minutes. Lag made me nervous so I naval juked them around rocks and islands to get them frazzled and eventually went for the keg/fort play. If I were to do it again I should have gone up a bit more on the fort to be able to get on deck/ladder but I heard repairs and missed the ladder so I blew it hoping it would hit the repair guys and it did, and they sunk. Worked out alright but I want to make some adjustments for the future.

clip
    clip2

this reaper had 2 reaper chests and a few flags. didn't trust the lag issues I was having and didn't know their skill level so I went with the fotd keg play to get a feel for their skill. It was enough for the sink.
    Ultimately this play comes down to gambling on them not being sweaty. If they are, then I crash into crooks hollow while getting sniped with the keg or killed on board and they surround my boat while it's deep into the dock and finish me off.
    It was a majority luck sink/defend but in the end many of them are.

clip

• This crew attacked me over and over again.
    The ending was beyond satisfying for this particular fight against this particular crew

I one ball the pirate on the bow (they have back turned to me to prevent snipe), they drop the keg they were holding and it blows in front of the ship then I nail the helmsman with their keg. Insta-sink

clip

• 400 krakens vanquished probably about 100 evaded

I miss seeing megs on a regular basis. Not only am I a hunter but I'm an adventureman .
    As long as I've been out there I haven't lost the enjoyment and appreciation when encountering gargantuan creatures of the deep
    The ominous soundtrack of their presence playing. Seeing them rise from the abyss.
    I hope one day they return
    until then the Kraken and I will be there for one another
    together we mourn the meg in the night

• A long time ago I saw someone talking about their arena/pvp adventure sinks. They were part of a very successful pvp crew that spent a lot of daily time on the sea sinking any and all ships and they were discussing 8 thousand sinks.
    At the time I was just starting to emerge out of my self imposed piratical isolation.
    When I started I was a solo but I also didn't read or participate in any media outside of the sea.
    I didn't even know what pirate legend was at the time.
    All I did was sail. I was alone and I sank to nearly every encounter with a foe that I had. Pirates, skeletons, krakens, it didn't much matter. If they attacked me I typically sank.

One thing lead to another and I ended up bringing in information related to sea of thieves from outside of my sessions.
    This lead to me stumbling upon the conversation of the 8k sinks.
    As an adventureman of goals I committed to hitting 8k but not as a hostile pvper
    as a survivor of the environment. Not initiating and stealing but producing and defending.
    At the time this wasn't a realistic goal.
    I wasn't and am still not talented at combat. I don't stack impressive piles of loot for hours and hours or days.
    At the time I felt I wasn't good enough at anything that was needed to be anything more than the bottom of the food chain.
    I stuck with it out of habit. The world had slowed down and I just kept picking up scraps and selling them, trying to put the piratical pieces together.

Eventually I did.

I'm passionate about the environment. The circle of sea life and the complexity of piracy fascinates me.
    Witnessing pirates find strength in themselves to overcome. I don't trust them but I trust that they are all capable of significant personal accomplishments.

I'm still solo. It's what feels right or maybe it's just really all I know.
    I still don't initiate hostility and achieve whatever victories I'm fortunate enough to earn from defending myself or others that don't want to fight. It's what my conscience permits.
    I still put honest effort into contributing to the sea by producing treasure for others to potentially steal.

This goofy pirate blog to me is more than just a scrapbook, I hope at some point in time it motivates the sunk to sail again.
    It doesn't have to be about being the best at combat or treasure gathering. I'm not the best at either. It can be more than that. It can be whatever you want it to be.
    Don't give up, you got the music in you.

Onward, I now head to 10k. Still solo and still only fighting crews and sinking ships that consent to battle and that aim to rob and sink me.
    I don't enjoy combat, I just enjoy living a pirate's life.

clips

8000th recorded sink
    part1

part2

stay a while and listen

• random clips

Kraken nest

bladoop

hideout ambushers

the devil's ridge ram strat

random crew interaction I enjoyed
    they just sat there and watched me do a fleet

beginning
    end

solo vs solo (I almost never have a solo vs solo fight brought to me, I appreciate one when I get one, greatly

solo vs solo reaper ambusher (empty boat but had a grade 4 flag so I appreciate that)
    few misses in here I'm not satisfied with

part 1

part 2

• @danbeardluff same, I have defeated 39 kraken for the past 2 yrs apparently even though in that time I have encountered so many more

• clip

the last of the hideout ambushers
    it felt good, real good

• clip

my personal best for ladder board distance

Views
screenshotjust for fun
186 out of 385