Interesting global suggestions! (English / Spanish)

• EN VERSION

Hii everyone, a friend and I have decided to bring some suggestions that can improve the game nowaday.

First of all please if you like the suggestions, reply in the post about what you think and if you would change something too, since this creates repercussions and maybe they will implement it in the future.

• Increase the number of bullets from 5 to 7 (Its a bit uncomfortable to fight against people or skeletons in both pve and pvp modes and having to search for ammunition continuously, this would make us have 2 more bullets that would help a lot to supply us with stock up with ammunition better, since with 5 it becomes very short)

• Being able to hit the trees and occasionally fall fruits, such as coconuts or bananas. (Its a very tiny change that adds a nice touch to the game, obviously the probability would be low, no one would want fruit to drop continuously)

• Pirate invasions to your ship (npcs), same as with megalodons. It would be incredible if the skeletons (npcs) would jump to your ship to try to invade you, it would give a lot of fun, tension and intensity.

• An area on the map, either in the north or in the south, with glacial islands, with their own fauna. (This would add quite a bit of content to the game, as we don't currently have this in the game)

• Skins for the harpoon of the ships (Something simple but that the game does not have today)

• Islands with (npcs) and missions exclusives for those islands (civilizations). This could be very interesting, by adding islands with pirate civilizations and exclusive missions from those islands themselves.

• Add more fauna to the game in general, animals, vegetation, etc. (wolfs, monkeys, turtles, ¿dolphins?)

And finishing this list of suggestions for me the best currently that I would add to the game.

• Being able to collect ship debris (not necessarily from other players), on islands or in the middle of the sea to fortify your ship and take some shots without having to repair (obviously when you leave the game you will lose them as well as food, ammunition etc.)

So that this balanced with respect to other boats we could put these limitations:

• Galleon fortification limit 1
    • Brigantin fortification limit 2
    • Sloop fortification limit 3

This is nothing that adds unfair adventage to the fights of other ships, since we could all get them by lotting, it would make the fights more intense and interesting and when leaving the lobby you would lose that fortification.

If you've gotten this far reading everything, tell me what you think about it, thank you for bothering to read it. :)

ES VERSION

Hola a todos, un amigo y yo hemos decidido traer algunas sugerencias que pueden mejorar el juego a día de hoy.

Antes que nada, si te gustan las sugerencias, responde en el post lo que piensas y si cambiarías algo también, ya que esto genera repercusiones y tal vez lo implementen en el futuro.

• Aumentar el número de balas de 5 a 7 (Es un poco incómodo luchar contra personas o esqueletos en modos pve o pvp y tener que estar buscando munición continuamente, esto nos haría tener 2 balas más que ayudarían mucho a abastecernos mejor con la munición, ya que con 5 se queda muy corto)

• Poder golpear los árboles y ocasionalmente que caigan frutas, como cocos o plátanos. (Es un cambio muy pequeño que agrega un toque agradable al juego, obviamente la probabilidad sería baja, nadie querría que cayera fruta continuamente)

• Invasiones piratas a tu barco (npcs), al igual que con los megalodones. Sería increíble que los esqueletos (npcs) saltaran a tu barco para intentar invadirte, daría mucha diversión, tensión e intensidad al juego.

• Un área en el mapa, ya sea en el norte o en el sur, con islas glaciares, con su propia fauna. (Esto agregaría bastante contenido al juego, ya que actualmente no tenemos esto en el juego)

• Skins para el arpón de los barcos (Algo sencillo pero que el juego no tiene a dia de hoy)

• Islas con (npcs) y misiones exclusivas para esas islas (civilizaciones). Esto podría ser muy interesante, agregando islas con civilizaciones piratas y misiones exclusivas de esas mismas islas.

• Agregar más fauna al juego en general, animales, vegetación, etc. (lobos, monos, tortugas, ¿delfines?)

Y terminando esta lista de sugerencias para mí, la mejor actualmente que agregaría al juego.

• Poder recolectar restos de barcos (no necesariamente de otros jugadores), en islas o en medio del mar para fortificar tu barco para aguantar algunos disparos sin tener que reparar el barco. (Obviamente cuando salgas del juego los perderás también como la comida, municion, etc.)

Para que este balanceado respecto a otros barcos podriamos poner estas limitaciones

• Galeón limite de fortificaciones 1
    • Bergantín limite de fortificaciones 2
    • Balandro limite de fortificaciones 3

Esto no es nada que agregue una ventaja injusta a las luchas de otros barcos, ya que todos podríamos conseguirlos loteando, esto haría las luchas más intensas e interesantes y al salir del lobby perderías esa fortificación.

Si has llegado hasta aquí leyendo todo, dime lo que piensas al respecto, gracias por tomarte la molestia de leerlo. :)

Views
    xbox onecommunitywindows 10general
  • Incredible post, it would be amazing if Rare put this things into the game, great job as always Bucky!

• Waiting for the changes you propose👌

• I'd say no to increasing bullets from 5 to 7. Would make double gunning worse from a pvp perspective. And not really needed for deafeating skellys, as they now sometimes drop ammo pouches.

I'm cool with the bannanas and coconuts having a chance to spawn on trees. Would be a nice QoL feature!

Skellys (or npcs) jumping on your ship would be too hard to program, unless they made a specific encounter where they just spawn on your ship.

I definitely would love a ice zone! The issue is older consoles still have to be supported and a new region would make them run worse than they already are. Until Rare finally stops supporting the older hardware, we wont be getting anymore regions.

Full support for harpoon skins. Have been wanting this for a while now!

Civilizations would fall under the same reason as why the map can't be expanded. Plus i see no need for them. The Sea of Thieves is kinda made to be wild and mostly unpopulated.

Fauna would be nice, but some make more sense than others (e.g. wolves don't make sense and we have monkeys as pets).

I really dislike the ship fortification idea. Imagining a galleon swooping on me fully fortified would be one of my worst nightmares. It would also ruin the balance of the brig (since it's fast and fairly powerful, but sinks easily). Fortification would just support the already powerful ships and just give people who pvp or defend themselves with a sloop a harder time.

1. The number of bullets is there for a reason, it's a key part of balancing. I can just imagine how a 7 bullet blunderbuss could look like lol. And well, we have ammo pouches and transportable ammo crates. I don't think needs to be increased at all.

2. The trees thing could be an interesting mechanic, though, don't know how it could be implemented technically, but it would be a nice QOL improvement for sure.

3. Taking into account the fact that we can have Ocean Crawlers on our ships during tall tales (and there are plans to have them randomly outside of tales), I think it can be done, and would enrich the game a lot!

4. Typicall ice region request. Nothing new. I'm going to give the same reasons I give everytime. First of all, why do we need an ice region at all. I'd rather get other zones like an expansion of the SOD, an Ice region doesn't fit in this game IMO. Also, why add a new region that NOBODY will go? I'm sure it will be Devil's Roar v2. IMO, if they were to add something like that, I'd make an event during a season or something that would go around an artic wind or something, that would transform current islands to ice style. Something temporary/seasonal.

5. I mean, yes, harpoon skins would be amazing, but I don't think it's necessary.

6. This was something I proposed a while back to Mike Chapman @MikeTheMutinous, and maybe it's something they'll add in the future hopefully!

7. I agree that they should add more fauna and life to the game. Honestly, just having snakes, pigs and chickens is a little bit... meh. More life like crabs, wild monkeys, boars... And around sealife, Manta rays, dolphins, whales...

8. An interesting mechanic. Would be nice if ships gave resource barrels when they sink yeah.

• @el-spaniardchi As for the last thing you said, the fortifications would have a limit and you could not put more than x on a ship, you could balance this with the other ships by adapting the fortifications to each ship, for example:

• Galleon only 1 fortification

• Brigantine only 2 fortifications

• Sloop only 3 fortifications

In this way we would make the boats of 1-2 people able to face the galleons with this fortification, in my opinion its something very interesting, whether you like it or not is something else.

• @eggamer13 Respect for the glacial islands, I have suggested them to give them a little touch of fauna apart from being unique islands on the map.

I don't think they are specifically necessary in the game, but it would be nice to have them and give more content to the game in terms of the map. Unique islands made of ice with their fauna and exclusive missions.

Im glad you like it the others.

Greetings!

• @bucky8871 Sure! Although i see no need for fortification, it's definitely a more balanced way of implementing such a feature if Rare wanted to fortify ships.

• @bucky8871 none of your ideas are new...but I will comment some anyway...
    -More bullets in the guns...no, because of balance...if 7 bullets, then shared through both guns, if used both guns...so no
    -ice region, expanding the world, now as we have 1 less ship on the server because of stability? No!
    If, then through portals onto some special servers with 4 other ships or so...
    To be continued...now (aka edit)

-more costumizations are always welcome...harpoons, lanterns and rowboat are the most common suggested ones
    -hitting trees for food...as it would be an immersive thing...I guess we could easy break the servers by hitting every tree on big islands hundrets of times until the island is flooded with bananas and/or coconuts...also with the addition of supply transfer we already have so much supplies...this isn't really needed
    -npc's boarding, like in tall tale 5 of the new ones...sure, would love this...but in a context...like when the kraken hits us...why not, would finally make the kraken more interesting...

• @schwammlgott

-hitting trees for food...as it would be an immersive thing...I guess we could easy break the servers by hitting every tree on big islands hundrets of times until the island is flooded with bananas and/or coconuts...also with the addition of supply transfer we already have so much supplies...this isn't really needed

As simple as limiting the pieces of fruit for each tree and adding a very low drop percentage, I do not see any problem and in fact its something useful and that improves the gameplay itself.

• @bucky8871 sagte in Interesting global suggestions! (English / Spanish):

@schwammlgott

As simple as limiting the pieces of fruit for each tree and adding a very low drop percentage, I do not see any problem and in fact its something useful and that improves the gameplay itself.

I don't see this as usefull...but you can enlighten me, how it would be usefull...
    There are so many barrels around and if I know I have to fight on the island, I take food with me...

• @bucky8871 i'd probably make it that there isn't a drop percentage, just a chance of having fruit spawn on a tree when you approach a island. And you'd look up at the tree to see if theres fruit on it, which you'd have to slash or shoot to get a couple coconuts or bannanas. That way people wouldn't be jumping on islands and slashing random trees in order to have a chance of fruit droping

• @schwammlgott said in Interesting global suggestions! (English / Spanish):

@bucky8871 > -hitting trees for food...as it would be an immersive thing...I guess we could easy break the servers by hitting every tree on big islands hundrets of times until the island is flooded with bananas and/or coconuts...

There could be a limit of how many fruit a tree can give, or how many fruit all the trees on an island combined can give. Or the chance to give a fruit decreases exponentially with each fruit given. Stuff like that to prevent too many fruits from appearing.

• @el-spaniardchi dijo en Interesting global suggestions! (English / Spanish):

@bucky8871 i'd probably make it that there isn't a drop percentage, just a chance of having fruit spawn on a tree when you approach a island. And you'd look up at the tree to see if theres fruit on it, which you'd have to slash or shoot to get a couple coconuts or bannanas. That way people wouldn't be jumping on islands and slashing random trees in order to have a chance of fruit droping

I like that idea!

@linentable78290 dijo en Interesting global suggestions! (English / Spanish):

@schwammlgott said in Interesting global suggestions! (English / Spanish):

@bucky8871 > -hitting trees for food...as it would be an immersive thing...I guess we could easy break the servers by hitting every tree on big islands hundrets of times until the island is flooded with bananas and/or coconuts...

There could be a limit of how many fruit a tree can give, or how many fruit all the trees on an island combined can give. Or the chance to give a fruit decreases exponentially with each fruit given. Stuff like that to prevent too many fruits from appearing.

Indeed, there are hundreds of ways to carry it out, the thing is that they implement it.

• @el-spaniardchi sagte in Interesting global suggestions! (English / Spanish):

@bucky8871 i'd probably make it that there isn't a drop percentage, just a chance of having fruit spawn on a tree when you approach a island. And you'd look up at the tree to see if theres fruit on it, which you'd have to slash or shoot to get a couple coconuts or bannanas. That way people wouldn't be jumping on islands and slashing random trees in order to have a chance of fruit droping

I think, this might be the best idea to add this to the game, if it get's added...

• @schwammlgott Agreed! And they could make the tree somewhat more realistic/easier to find by adding either 1 or 2 fallen fruit nearby the tree that you can pick up. Or just banana peels and coconut shells on the ground instead of useable fruit.

• @bucky8871 said in Interesting global suggestions! (English / Spanish):

EN VERSION

Hii everyone, a friend and I have decided to bring some suggestions that can improve the game nowaday.

First of all please if you like the suggestions, reply in the post about what you think and if you would change something too, since this creates repercussions and maybe they will implement it in the future.

• Increase the number of bullets from 5 to 7 (Its a bit uncomfortable to fight against people or skeletons in both pve and pvp modes and having to search for ammunition continuously, this would make us have 2 more bullets that would help a lot to supply us with stock up with ammunition better, since with 5 it becomes very short)

We have ammo pouches now.

• Being able to hit the trees and occasionally fall fruits, such as coconuts or bananas. (Its a very tiny change that adds a nice touch to the game, obviously the probability would be low, no one would want fruit to drop continuously)

No qualms with this one.

• Pirate invasions to your ship (npcs), same as with megalodons. It would be incredible if the skeletons (npcs) would jump to your ship to try to invade you, it would give a lot of fun, tension and intensity.

Commonly asked for

• An area on the map, either in the north or in the south, with glacial islands, with their own fauna. (This would add quite a bit of content to the game, as we don't currently have this in the game)

No, game can't even handle its own content. No more map expansions.

• Skins for the harpoon of the ships (Something simple but that the game does not have today)

Commonly asked for, same with rowboats.

• Islands with (npcs) and missions exclusives for those islands (civilizations). This could be very interesting, by adding islands with pirate civilizations and exclusive missions from those islands themselves.

Maybe, could be too susceptible to camping.

• Add more fauna to the game in general, animals, vegetation, etc. (wolfs, monkeys, turtles, ¿dolphins?)

Fauna is animals, Flora is plants. Yes, more.

And finishing this list of suggestions for me the best currently that I would add to the game.

• Being able to collect ship debris (not necessarily from other players), on islands or in the middle of the sea to fortify your ship and take some shots without having to repair (obviously when you leave the game you will lose them as well as food, ammunition etc.)

So that this balanced with respect to other boats we could put these limitations:

• Galleon fortification limit 1
    • Brigantin fortification limit 2
    • Sloop fortification limit 3

This is nothing that adds unfair adventage to the fights of other ships, since we could all get them by lotting, it would make the fights more intense and interesting and when leaving the lobby you would lose that fortification.

If you've gotten this far reading everything, tell me what you think about it, thank you for bothering to read it. :)

So what like armor you'd have to knock off first before you could damage the hull? As long as they can't repair it during battle, seems fine to me if not interesting at the very least.

• @personalc0ffee dijo en Interesting global suggestions! (English / Spanish):

So what like armor you'd have to knock off first before you could damage the hull? As long as they can't repair it during battle, seems fine to me if not interesting at the very least.

Well, I have simply proposed it as a piece of ship that you can add to your ship so that it can withstand some shots without having to start repairing, obviously so that it was compensated, the galleons could only have 1 fortification and the sloops 3

Views
xbox onecommunitywindows 10general
10 out of 18