How long will sea of thives be online

• I just bought a xbox s and purchased sea of thieve, but was wondering how long it will still be on the servers. I know it is 4 years old. Is there many people playing it ? How many people have purchased it ?

Views
    questiongeneral
  • Over 25 million players have played it at least once. It's still pretty popular, and they've said they have a 10 year plan but things can change.

It's not in danger of shutting down any time soon.

• as long as gamepass stays such a good deal SOT is pretty safe imo

it's such a major part of such a popular product that I think it's got some pretty strong roots for longevity

It survived pretty bare bones origins so I think it's plenty popular enough with all the stuff to do now to keep it solid for quite a while

• @freedcanvas8170 just a question...you bought a xbox S you say...a XBox One S or a XBox Series S? It's almost another game depending on what generation of console you have...

• 865 thousand hours...

And like 47 seconds.

I'm not sure if I should hope this ages well 😕

• i think that Microsoft still considers Sea of Thieves as one of their flagships , sure Halo infinite is coming soon , but that does not mean a bad thing for our Seas...

This game has still a very loyal playerbase and many others have gave it a go , and ... Mr Philious Spencer knows that if he pulls the plug on this game , he better shoot his foot ,as that wouldn't hurt as much...

Nah, you can play without much worries ...Thanks to the Emporium and it's fans , this game is going to sail for years to come...

i would even go further : have you seen a Pirate game that looks better and is bigger than SOT? ...And that after a release of four years , we are still waiting for the " SOT killer" , but i don't think we will see that soon.

• I don't think the Xbox Museum works. It doesn't say SOT is the most played game in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021...

Views
questiongeneral
1 out of 7