New Arena Mode - Team Death Match

• Hello everyone I propose (even if it has already been proposed) a new mode for the arena which is a little abandoned.
    It would be a team deathmatch mode:
    Several possible arrangements:

-A main island which can be a mix of several existing forts. Spawns would be random on the island and we would have the option to switch weapons when we died.
    the foods would be in the barrels of the island.

-Otherwise a slightly less impressive mode:
    the map where the boats can navigate will simply be shrunk around a fort that already exists, the boats will appear around this fort but without a cannonball.

It takes a lot I know but all arena players would be very happy to see a mode like this arrive on Sea of Thieves

Views
    generalcommunityjust for funeventscompetition
  • @nythyss

Not sure why but I feel like this suggestion is very very well known. It would have been nice of a suggestion had Rare continued to support Arena, but since no one really plays it, and for the past year Rare has not made any major changes to Arena as well as announcing their discontinuation of support for Arena, this idea, as fine as it is, will go to the void unfortunately.

Alternatively, there are many other games with Team Deathmatch in mind that don't need to be in a piratical setting where hit registration is a constantly on-going bug. I'd suggest looking elsewhere like many of the Arena players.

• I think custom servers is where this will all end up eventually if it ever happens for the public

tdm itself is a valid and reasonable desire imo.

makes far more sense to eventually cater to it than it does to ignore it or act like it doesn't belong in the game imo. It's better to give them their own area than them trying to form it themselves in arena or adventure. I think it'll be custom servers though so it may be a long wait

• It’s a well known mode that many people in arena already “forcefully” create and play.

• @burnbacon said in NEW ARENA MODE TEAM DEATH MATCH:

It’s a well known mode that many people in arena already “forcefully” create and play.

that's why it should have it's own area

it's interferes with arena because its the only place they can realistically play how they play

allowing tdmers to have a spot to tdm gets that out of the way arena and then they can temporarily suspend (in arena) tdmers that interfere with arena

Arena and Adventure are both better off without tdm and tdm is a valid way to compete so it's a matter of cleaning it up while allowing people to play how they play

• Mod Note: Title changed due to all caps.

• A free-for-all of pirates all fighting to kill one another on The Shores of Gold could be fun.

Highest score / most kills wins!

• @nythyss

In my honest opinion; It's long over-due now. They have A LOT of ideas from the community. I'm sure they can figure something out based on all this feedback.

Personally though I think they lied, and they are working on something and the thought process is that they think by sayin' they have stopped Development on Arena so they can take as much time as they need. They proven this with the whole Disney release; They literally hidden it away from the community and the other part of the developer team although one of the people on the team who worked on it leaked it the day before we got trailer. LOL.

• but yeah I think they're lying to us and have something up their sleeves.

I guess time will tell.

• @josephtodd i don’t think they lied, since arena is getting less and less attention, the shrinking of the main menu item actually solidified it for me that arena is dead just not buried yet.

If their focus wasn’t so overly spread out after the initial release of arena they might have been able to make it work but sadly it came out whilst the game’s development wasn’t in the best of states.

Since the introduction of seasons this has become much better. But if we look back at those days you could see that they couldn’t see the forest for the trees simply by looking at features that got introduced and then forgotten for huge extended periods of time before they got extended upon.

• Yes, either give us a TDM mode or let us duel our crewmates.

I want a way to practice fighting without having to sail 10 minutes to find another player.

• @callmebackdraft You have to remember though; A dev I think either Sonicbob or Mike, said 'We will not be working on anymore Tales (undecided if for the future) because it takes up too much of our teams time, and the player count for the amount of work doesn't hit the target we want' basically saying enough people didn't do tales, so they was abandoning any future development. The post is somewhere on the forum from when someone asked forgot where, but this confirms they lie and then work on stuff they tell us they don't want to work on.

Arena 100% isn't dead and done they also cannot remove it from the game because of the LSD title being tied into the Legendary Sword.

We'll see in due time ;)

• @josephtodd said in New Arena Mode - Team Death Match:

@callmebackdraft You have to remember though; A dev I think either Sonicbob or Mike, said 'We will not be working on anymore Tales (undecided if for the future) because it takes up too much of our teams time, and the player count for the amount of work doesn't hit the target we want' basically saying enough people didn't do tales, so they was abandoning any future development. The post is somewhere on the forum from when someone asked forgot where, but this confirms they lie and then work on stuff they tell us they don't want to work on.

If you are referring to the Pirate's Life stuff that came out after they said that, there was a huge publicity and monetary incentive for them to do that work and it resulted in a large boost in new players. And they were 100% right - after players do the tales once, they get ignored and all the voice work and development time that was spent on those tales has a much shorter lifespan than working on an event or new mechanic.

If you can find a multibillion dollar company that wants to do a tie in and huge promotion with Arena mode, let Rare know.

• @d3adst1ck People only done the Tales once because of the stupid system behind the grind for the gold curse, then for the SBS they literally didn't take any feedback and still went stupid ways about doing it. They is reasons people don't repeat, repeat, repeat and thats because it isn't the type of tales people want, granted they changed it for TPL but even then they half told the truth on that. TPL (Tale 1) is PVE only, the rest are a mix of Public servers and private ones, yet the tale was advertised as one whole PVE adventure, then they lied about making more tales from 2019 onwards. End the day, the point is still valid. We don't know what is truth or lies with them anymore because their actions are different to what they say to us. So like me and a lot of people, when they say they are done with 'Arena' we call lies straight away because the previous track record says they lie when they say they give up on developing certain features.

P.S it didn't give that much promotion to say that Disney never even advertised the Tales on their social media or anything. The Disney players it pulled in; we're mostly from the showcase, and word of mouth. The player count proves that, plus most did the tales, tried playing the actual game didn't like getting pirated and gave up because they don't like it or couldn't figure out how the game works. Plus bugs, and people using exploits out their minds.

Views
generalcommunityjust for funeventscompetition
3 out of 14