What third-party crossover would you want to see Rare do for SoT?

• Rare have done plenty of third-party crossovers with Sea of Thieves such as Gears of War, Halo, State of Decay, etc.

What third-party thing would you like to see Rare do for Sea of Thieves? It could be anything from books, films, games, anime, anything.

For me, I personally would love to see a Tomb Raider, Goonies, Indiana Jones or One Piece crossover.

Views
  • @foxywiththemoxy With the recent announcement... it has to be...

Indiana Jones!

Right?

• @foxywiththemoxy AC4 would be really cool. I'd love to see one of the Jackdaw's ship skins turned into a ship set, or maybe even a couple of Kenway's outfits could be made into costumes.

• @musicmee said in What third-party crossover would you want to see Rare do for SoT?:

@foxywiththemoxy With the recent announcement... it has to be...

Indiana Jones!

Right?

I forgot that Bethesda are making an Indiana Jones game.

• Princess Bride tale tale where you can play as Westley during his experience with the previous Dread Pirate Roberts and the journey back to buttercup

Jurassic park island where we can hold on to our butts

Dusk Till Dawn inspired western vampire island where I can unlock my cowboy hat and flamboyant formal attire

Jaws tale tale where you go on a shark hunt

Quantum Leap where you are transported into different pirate scenarios

Bram Stoker's Dracula: where you hunt him in his werewolf like form as a hunter's call voyage

• @foxywiththemoxy said in What third-party crossover would you want to see Rare do for SoT?:

@musicmee said in What third-party crossover would you want to see Rare do for SoT?:

@foxywiththemoxy With the recent announcement... it has to be...

Indiana Jones!

Right?

I forgot that Bethesda are making an Indiana Jones game.

I can't wait for this to happen. I really enjoyed the last indy game back on the original Xbox all those years ago

Give us whips!

• @foxywiththemoxy

If they ever make an Okami 2, I would love for them to create an Okami ship set with an Amaterasu Figurehead, and sails with her sun emblem on it.

A Super Mario 35th anniversary promo ship set, while exceedingly unlikely to happen, would be an amazing sight to behold.

• Still waiting for my Minecraft-themed ship cosmetics.

• @galactic-geek The Creeper Reaper?

• @musicmee said in What third-party crossover would you want to see Rare do for SoT?:

@galactic-geek The Creeper Reaper?

That would be a great name for the figurehead! 😁

Can you imagine also having Minecraft-themed shovel, sword, and bucket cosmetics? Ooh, and the cannon-flare!?

• I know Ninja Theory are part of Xbox now so not sure if it counts as third party but... Hellblade

With Senua's Saga: Hellblade II in the works, I can see them doing something for that.

I'd love to see Mass Effect, I'm a massive fan but I would also be curious how they incorporate the sci fi styling with the style of SOT (they did it with Perfect Dark). Having sails with the off center N7 stripes would be so cool.

• @foxywiththemoxy I don't usually like crossovers, but I would go for some Monkey Island stuff.

• Team Fortress 2

• @foxywiththemoxy

A Starfleet shipset? Klingon Empire? Earth Alliance from Babyon 5? Ice Pirates?
    From naval historical fiction: A salute to the Aubrey-Maturin or Hornblower series might be cool.
    How about a Corsair shipset from Tolkien's Return of the King?
    Something NASA inspired? Mercury/Gemini/Apollo, etc...

Of the two games I play a lot of, the second is PUBG--maybe a Winner Winner Chicken Dinner shipset! I won my first Chicken Dinner last night and I'm still buzzed...

• Steven King's Christine although I love the movie, I would want it based on the book. Just imagine a red and white ship with chrome lanterns and trim. No need to collect boards anymore, she will repair herself as she sails. To top it all off, she will continue sinking other ships after you log off for the night.

• @galactic-geek said in What third-party crossover would you want to see Rare do for SoT?:

@musicmee said in What third-party crossover would you want to see Rare do for SoT?:

@galactic-geek The Creeper Reaper?

That would be a great name for the figurehead! 😁

Can you imagine also having Minecraft-themed shovel, sword, and bucket cosmetics? Ooh, and the cannon-flare!?

I'd play with this and I'm not even into the game
    would be fun

@ostara-mk said in What third-party crossover would you want to see Rare do for SoT?:

Steven King's Christine although I love the movie, I would want it based on the book. Just imagine a red and white ship with chrome lanterns and trim. No need to collect boards anymore, she will repair herself as she sails. To top it all off, she will continue sinking other ships after you log off for the night.

alt text

• For me, Pirates of the Caribbean, One Piece, Treasure Island, Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag, heck just any great brand that has or is about pirates.

• I want that keg throwing Gorilla 🤗

Christine is a good suggestion.

Jules Vernes 20.000 Captain Nemo Style

• Custers Revenge. That would be a mighty fine figurehead.

• Donkey Kong, sadly Nintendo owns the rights so it will never happen but Rare is the company that arguably made Donkey Kong as successful as it is.

To be more specific I would love some Donkey Kong Country music playable in SoT.

• DRAGON BALL Z
    I want my Broly figurehead!

That would cool hahaha but Pirates of the Caribbean is kind of a must, main Pirates movie that deserve a spot if Disney wont try to milk them like the dirty pigs tbey are.

• Goonies, without a doubt. They already connected with that movie during the promo stuff (see the Sean Astin videos). There are also a couple of nods to it scattered around the game.

• Ice Pirates...

• Ship and outfits inspired by the Coffee Pirates from Wandersong.

alt text

• Oprah Winfrey Figurehead

• Any movie/serie/game containing PIRATES.
    But the licenses would cost way to much...

• I'd love to see the Hylian crest on my sails and the Master Sword figurehead leading my ship across the seas.

Never happen but that would be my wish 😍

• Actually, do we have chicken or pig figureheads? 🤔

How about a gargoyles figurehead from Fable.

• @scoobywrx555 No! we do not... They would be nice additions to the Merchant Alliance?

Cash in/catch 500 pigs for a Pig Figurehead?

• can we get that song in game?

• @musicmee Aye would be awesome. Yeah can't believe after all this time there aren't snake, chicken or piggy figures!

@scoobywrx555 No! we do not... They would be nice additions to the Merchant Alliance?

Cash in/catch 500 pigs for a Pig Figurehead?

Haha, would make people mad....i'll assure you ;P

Views
23 out of 32