12 deeds of giving, day 5: sell 5 stolen items.

• The events tab for the twelve deeds of giving, day five steal five pieces of loot from another crew and turn them in.

Just with in the eight hours me and a friend played tonight we sank six ships, four of which had emissaries, each of the six ships had six to seven pieces of loot, mostly skulls and trinkets. One ship that we sunk had around ten pieces of loot on them, fully on their ship, we sank them once they came back again and we sank them again, then we turned in their loot and sank them again, same people, same ship.

The issue that we ran into is that none of the loot we turned in was considered "stolen" and that crew was still in the server when we sold, all of the other deeds that we did tonight went through; sinking six ships, completing eight voyages, stepping on seven outposts, selling four kegs, and three chickens, as well as selling to shipwrecked chest.

Everything went through but stealing five pieces of loot and turning them in. I don't know if y'all are working on this problem or if anyone has brought up this problem but it has not been working for neither me or my friend. I don't want to miss out on a nicer version of the ashen dragon stuff just do to something not working.

Like I said, everything else has went through but day five, I don't want to miss out on the full East Winds Jade set because of a small bug.

If anyone knows what it is that we need to do, please let me know.
    -HeroBrine4050

Views
  • @herobrine4050 Ahoy matey!

Keeping it short, only stolen chests count, and the chests need to be the none openable type.

I hope that helps clear things up :)

Happy holidays and happy sailing!

• @musicmee

I've had problems with this too. Today I tested this by boarding a ship at an outpost, grab a captains chest they had and turned it in to GH. Still 0 out of 5. Something must be up with this commendation?

• I too am having issues with this one. I have had 2 sessions now where I have sunk a ship and sold chests only for it to be stuck at 2/5. Seafarers chest, non-openable as mentioned, didn't count

• @mirkon @J0nk4 Ahoy maties!

Me again... A few more helpful hints.

• Chests must be cashed in at the Gold Hoarders to count.
    • Chests must be stolen off of real players and not of enemy AI.
    • Traditional Gold Hoarder chests count as well as Skeleton Captain's chests.
    • Players also seem to have had less luck with Cursed Chests so best to avoid them.
  • @herobrine4050

If you read it correctly it says 5 stolen chests...

• @musicmee i can confirm that the tribute chests didn't count. but just stealing normal chests did.

For my brother we watched a crew load the loot from an ashen winds before kegging them for the chests. got all the credit we needed.

• @captainstab1n said in 12 deeds of giving, day 5: sell 5 stolen items.:

@herobrine4050

If you read it correctly it says 5 stolen chests...

If only it were that simple. Like the cursed cannonball task, the specifics about what kinds of chests, where they are turned in, and if chests taken from skeleton crews count (skeleton ships count for the Six Ships A-Sinking and Eleven Cannons Cursing tasks) are not clear.

• I got mine by playing it very safe. We allied up with a gold hoarder emissary and stole captains chest from their ship and sold them to the Gold Hoarder even though we were reaper emissary. Everything counted. I agree though that the requirements should be more clear. I don't know if selling to Reaper would have counted for instance, so we played it 100% safe.

I can say it still counts if the other crew dug them up, put them on their ship and you turn them in even if you're in an alliance. I can tell you it has to be chests, we tried a trinket we'd stolen from them first and it didn't count. Beyond that I don't have anymore details.

• @musicmee

Thank you. The captains chest I stole from another player ship and turned in at the Gold Hoarders was a shipwreck chest. Maybe that was the problem?

I managed to get my 5/5 now though.

• Cant say i had this issue. I was chilling the other day when a ship came to me and offered its loot to me. I followed to nearest outpost they put it all next to GH and i stood there cashing it in.

Not sure if this is where the issue is for you if you are holding onto it for awhile before selling?

• My crew has had an issue with this commendation as well. Tonight we took a chest from another ship's deck and turned it in at the GH. It was a seafarers chest and didn't count. Frustrating.

• @herobrine4050

I've had frustrations with this commendation as well. All of the ships we're sinking are all newbie ships that are bone dry without even so much as a voyage on the table. No problem sinking these guys, they just don't have stuff to steal!

Most frustrating here is that the description of the commendation fails to mention that they MUST go to the Gold Hoarders. We only found out via a Social Media post that the reason our stolen chests weren't counting was because we had been turning them in to the Reaper Hideout - there's a similar lack of in game clarity on the fact that only purple cursed cannonballs count for the 11th day goal.

• I just sold 5 captain's chests taken from a galleon. No progress on commendation. This is INTENSELY frustrating, I've been trying every day to do this since day 1.

• Same issue here. Stole 5 normal chests and sold to gold border last night and no additional progress on the challenge.

• I had a similar issue yesterday, got 4 stolen chests off another crew and it didn't count any immediately. Then suddenly about 30 minutes later it randomly counted them when I was just sailing around.

So I'd suggest sticking around in the session for a while if it didn't count your chests, might just be delayed.

• I guess it decided to update at some point. I have the 5/5 now

• All of the event stuff is taking FOREVER to update, so if you do it properly, give it 8-12 hours before it updates. It is a PITA, but it is updating properly from what I can tell from all the other stuff i have done.

• I've been having a similar problem. I currently have all tasks done except for 2 more cursed cannonball ship hits, and 4 stolen chests. The last 2 days in a row I've got out and sunk a few ships. The worst part is, I'm not good at PvP...so this task is especially annoying just for a concertina. It's a huge waste of time because as someone previously mentioned, a lot of the ships out there are either just logging in or are new players that aren't very good at gathering treasure yet. I'm sure I would be less salty if the description had been better. The delay between action and notification is also a pain. I'm seeing a 12-24 hour delay.

This isn't the thread for it but that cursed cannonball one was poorly worded as well.

Instead of reading "Strike other ships with a total of 11 Cursed Cannonballs while flying the Reaper's Mark flag." It should have read "Strike other ships with a total of 11 Cursed Cannonballs while your crew is flying the Reaper's Mark flag."

Anyway....sigh

• @bishop-ares said in 12 deeds of giving, day 5: sell 5 stolen items.:

I've been having a similar problem. I currently have all tasks done except for 2 more cursed cannonball ship hits, and 4 stolen chests. The last 2 days in a row I've got out and sunk a few ships. The worst part is, I'm not good at PvP...so this task is especially annoying just for a concertina. It's a huge waste of time because as someone previously mentioned, a lot of the ships out there are either just logging in or are new players that aren't very good at gathering treasure yet. I'm sure I would be less salty if the description had been better. The delay between action and notification is also a pain. I'm seeing a 12-24 hour delay.

This isn't the thread for it but that cursed cannonball one was poorly worded as well.

Instead of reading "Strike other ships with a total of 11 Cursed Cannonballs while flying the Reaper's Mark flag." It should have read "Strike other ships with a total of 11 Cursed Cannonballs while your crew is flying the Reaper's Mark flag."

Anyway....sigh

Regarding cursed balls: use only the purple ones. Also, I think it also works on skeleton ships ...

Regarding treasure stolen, have some of your own and help them with gaining treasure; e.g. do a Fort or Ashen Lord together, let them put the newly acquired chests on your boat and give them the ones you gathered before.

• Ghost chests don't seem to count either...

Views
1 out of 21