[Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback

• @nantes4054 I agree that buying a key or ashen chest voyage is frustrating especially if you are in a rush to sell things. However, when you buy a voyage for a key or chest, that voyage goes to your inventory and you can place it down whenever you want, including once youve finished your current voyage. Idk its seems fair enough and yeah you can lose your stuff in that time, but the game play is kinda a lottery. Idk I do like that idea though.

• There is still an issue with gridlines appearing on mythical settings on RTX cards. Also, I had reached max emissary levels and I only received the Athena's legend sail. For the other companies, I only got the first stage.

• This is quite possibly the worst 'update' that has been released in the lifetime of this game. To add insult to injury it was marketed as a 'QOL/bug fix release' which has somehow managed to introduce more problems than it has supposedly fixed. Not impressed at all.

• @ytb-crulesdwrld disse em [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

Also, I had reached max emissary levels and I only received the Athena's legend sail. For the other companies, I only got the first stage.

Err, you don't get a sail simply for reaching Lvl 5 Emissary in a company, you have to sell a certain amount of total gold while being an Emissary. You can freely check how much gold you still need and what rewards you have obtained by clicking a company under the Reputation tab and clicking the Emissary ranking. Also, the rewards take up to 72h to be available.

@octopus-lime disse em [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

This is quite possibly the worst 'update' that has been released in the lifetime of this game.

You're probably right, but they are having a lot of trouble with the fact that they're having to work from home, because developers must constantly pass back and forth new builds of the game, and with each being around 45 GB, it takes a long time for them to download each one. So the quality of updates is unavoidably going to be lower than usual.

• @nantes4054 I'm not accepting that to be fair, if they can't do it reliably from home then they should either hold off or take longer to do it right. They are dead set on this monthly update cycle but the quality is suffering a lot as shown by this dumpster fire of an update.

• @nantes4054 said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

@ytb-crulesdwrld disse em [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

Also, I had reached max emissary levels and I only received the Athena's legend sail. For the other companies, I only got the first stage.

Err, you don't get a sail simply for reaching Lvl 5 Emissary in a company, you have to sell a certain amount of total gold while being an Emissary. You can freely check how much gold you still need and what rewards you have obtained by clicking a company under the Reputation tab and clicking the Emissary ranking. Also, the rewards take up to 72h to be available.

@octopus-lime disse em [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

This is quite possibly the worst 'update' that has been released in the lifetime of this game.

You're probably right, but they are having a lot of trouble with the fact that they're having to work from home, because developers must constantly pass back and forth new builds of the game, and with each being around 45 GB, it takes a long time for them to download each one. So the quality of updates is unavoidably going to be lower than usual.

I know that, I checked the ledger and I was admiral for merchant and whatever gold hoarder is for max. I will wait and see if I end up getting them.

• @octopus-lime I agree. They should focus more on taking their time to perfect an update rather than send an update that is half finished.

• So now the original text size it's called 0'7 instead of 1... but it's the same. Good job with that one... Whoever suggested this changes in Rare, but sometimes I think some "QoL improvements" are shots in the dark...

Still, the main menu and wheel chat texts feels weird. I suposse we will get used to them...

• Bug error in Matchmakin most frecuently since actualization.
    Besides it take A LONG LONG TIME waiting... to finally read this error

• @zergax
    "Kill stealing, loot stealing and what else?"

Sounds like a pirate game to me.

• @sgt-malarkey-br look at your achievement list if you have any at 20% then you sucessfully top tiered that faction.

I just looked at mine. Didnt get any, thought i'd be certain to get at least the OoS one but didn't. Those last few hours going into US time dropped me out.
    I don't think I'll be going after them again. Way too much time

• The compass on a sloop on steam does not work at times and only points north.

• Since yesterdays hotfix, I'm seeing FPS Stutter on every graphical setting.
    Have a 2070 Super, and before it was fine at 3440x1440 on Mythical.

• I’m very new to SoT just got it a few weeks ago. I really enjoy this game for the most part. Yes, I get there is a huge divide between the people who want pvp vs pve. I’m no stranger to pvp games I used to run 3 arma2 Dayz servers before BI bought the name dayz. I don’t mind the risk of loosing all my treasures/loot. My issue is 90% of my player encounters just end up being trolls and grieving. For example before the last update I was doing a tall tale with my little brother. We ran into hostile players, who got on our ship and killed us. Still no problems there that’s fair game but then they just waited for us to spawn and kept killing us. Yes I understand the ability to scuttle your ship and spawn elsewhere. But tall tale checkpoints were not in the game yet, and we spent two hours trying to due the clues the way your ment to without looking up a guide because that’s not fun in my opinion. The game has a good story and I enjoy figuring clues out on my own. But so after spawning a number of times I was able to kill two of them, there was 3. While I was battling the 2 franticly I saw the third grab our tall tale item and throw it overboard. They ignored all our treasure on board and only tossed that overboard. The ship was in motion and by the time I killed the third and last one and turned the ship around it says tall item lost. Not exactly enjoyable. Listen you sink my ship or board me and rob my treasure that’s all fair game. But they only had the intent of running our experience. Yes tall tale checkpoints should correct this on some level. But now here’s my other issue. I’m old and for the past two months I haven’t worked because of Covid, I just started working again so now my schedule doesn’t link with my friends not that I have many to begin with. Now anytime I play alone I can’t play for more then 10min without being wrecked by a full brig or galleon. Yeah simple answer would be to get friends. But I think there should be a better server system if your truly against allowing private servers or pve. There’s no leveling when it comes to weapons because you want a fair playing field for all. But that doesn’t make a fair game for players who constantly out manned. Also why does it have to be such task to play with friends. Let’s say me and one friend are playing for an hour on a sloop and have a good stock of cannon balls, food and such. Then two of our other friends come later and want to play. The only option is to leave and start over on a galleon. What is the point of having an alliance system if they can’t grab their own sloop and join us. The three times I’ve ran into players flying “offer alliance flag” were grievers. Two times they shout friendly, truce, let’s form an alliance and then soon as they are close they just unleash hellfire. Arguably a pirate tactic so as not fun as that is it’s kinda fair game. The third time I was offered an alliance we actually did form an alliance and sailed together to an island got some loot and they blew our ship to pieces with powder barrels while we were on the island solving the riddle. The more I play the more I run into pure trolls. It turns the game into shoot on site never trust another player or avoid players at all cost kind of experience. In my opinion that’s not fun. Especially when you just want to unwind with a buddy or especially if your by yourself and don’t have hours to play and just want to sail the seas and fight ghost ships or unravel a tall tale before having to head back work.

Make a deal with nitrado, let the “few” players that want pve enjoy the game and then keep your official servers how they are. Don’t remove raids and such for private servers (a rumor I heard if you guys did create pve you would remove such to stop gold farming). your game only offers cosmetic for gold. Even if players had pve servers and “farmed raids” the game doesn’t get broken that player can be a billionaire but still won’t have any advantage over another player so I don’t really see any issue. If anything then pve players will enjoy the game further being able to possibly unlock and enjoy all the content you worked hard to create. Thank you for anyone who took lo the time to read this long opinion.

• @like-no-otha said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

Even if players had pve servers and “farmed raids” the game doesn’t get broken that player can be a billionaire but still won’t have any advantage over another player so I don’t really see any issue.

The shared world gameplay breaks down once you provide a safe alternative to collect loot. It instantly becomes "Play PvE to get reputation and loot in complete safety, and join regular servers for PvP". The regular servers will no longer have anyone doing forts, voyages or ferrying loot around - they will all be there just to attack each other and nothing else. Why would anyone do a Fort of the Damned or Athena voyage on a public server if they can just do it completely risk free on a PvE/private server?

• @d3adst1ck

But that’s my relative point, a lot of what I’ve seen is the dev and community say that so few players want pve so let the few of us enjoy it. Is that selfish yes. But your right if you give the ability to be able to do voyages without any risk then I think a vast majority would like you said use it to max out their reputation with each faction. But on the other side of the coin they have the arena which is to my knowledge for pvp only. As I’ve said I’m new I haven’t tried arena yet and all I know about Athena is that it’s one of the higher payout voyages. But if there’s a place for just pvp experience why can’t we have a place to do quest in safety. I know it’s a huge thing to ask for a restructuring of the game but to my understanding the sea dog commendations are to unlock and show your pvp status so why not add more pvp only cosmetic so that players can enjoy pve and the story of the game but also when they want enjoy pvp and get rewards specifically for pvp so then players won’t only stay in pve.

• @like-no-otha said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

But if there’s a place for just pvp experience why can’t we have a place to do quest in safety.

Because I already explained how it fundamentally changes the game. No one will do any voyages or engage in world events in the public game because there is risk attached.

The developers have already said multiple times that they are not introducing PvE servers.

• It happened to me that the compass of the ship was no longer responding, it was no longer moving, I had to use the one of my pirate.

@d3adst1ck said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

@like-no-otha said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

But if there’s a place for just pvp experience why can’t we have a place to do quest in safety.

Because I already explained how it fundamentally changes the game. No one will do any voyages or engage in world events in the public game because there is risk attached.

The developers have already said multiple times that they are not introducing PvE servers.

You can give incentives to nudge people to use public servers, no problem whatsoever, really, you are referring to people who would never have started Sea of Thieves in the first place without PvE servers.
    We are not discussing big philosophical questions here, rather we have people here with seemingly the ability of wannabe fortunetellers.

• (UPDATED 04/6/2020)
    Hi, i have played the game on Xbox Game Pass and i have this Feedback for the Game:

• Very simple combat: the swords don't feel good, and the Guns, Snipers, etc... The same for all of them
    • Porgression system: You could make a system to upgrade your weapons, gear, etc.. with accesories, improve the metal of a sword, etc... and with your boat too. Take a look on Assassin's Creed 4
    • More animations, climbing stairs , jump into the water, etc...
    • The game could have a rol system like Red Dead Online
    • Create and improve with time your island with your friends and if you want to go
      to the sea with players it just do a cinematic transition to the ocean and change the
      game mode (Buy a bar, houses, improve the port, build a cave for the reasures behind a mountain, etc...)
    • Cinematic mode when saling on a boat
    • Change the type of the boat, small, normal or big on a store
    • If you go alone you can recruit a few bots
    • Improve destruction physyics
    • Mercenary system like in Assassin's Creed Oddysey
    • Rare dreams that can make you fight with legendary and famous pirates and loot them
      That's all for the moment and thanks for taking it a look. See you in the sea.
  • I believe I'm posting in the right spot for this, if I'm not let me know.

I think the emissary ledgers should have rewards earnable like insider rewards. I am suggesting that every month or every other month there is a mew reward to earn for the top two tiers of each emissary ledger, but the previous rewards never vanish and are still obtainable to those who need them (just like the insider rewards). I feel as if there is no reason to compete for the top tiers because it lacks rewards for incentive.

• Sloop bug: The constant grinding noise on the open sea is atrocious.

@like-no-otha While it can be frustrating, I think what RARE is doing with checkpoints on Tall Tales is a step in the right direction. Making all TT items part of your inventory wheel would be the next step.

@D3ADST1CK is right. Everything breaks down if you allow private PVE servers. As for fortune telling, this is a feedback and ideas forum. It's all opinions.

• Regarding that grinding noise on sea, there seems to be an issue with the coordinates for the ship, I rammed a sea post while I had said noise, but even with full speed it got no damage by ramming the sea post or an island. Also, I heard no waves once on the sea and had no longer them animated for the ship, it was just gliding over the waves, but they did no longer interact with the ship.

About the compass issue, I made a clip to demonstrate it:

@captain-arcanic said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

@D3ADST1CK is right. Everything breaks down if you allow private PVE servers. As for fortune telling, this is a feedback and ideas forum. It's all opinions.

Oh, and now I tell you what:
    Look at the Steam forums, some people ask about PvP and say: nope, a no buy for me due to open PvP.
    Now, proponents of limited PvE servers or limited PvP got a point since it shows that there are other players interested in the game that do not like to play it yet because they do not feel comfortable, but maybe later.

And what have you? Besides fear-mongering?! Nothing, right? Too bad. Oh wait! The hidden threat of quitting the game for having lost its soul, right? Now, that would be an "argument".

The idea of PvE servers was to also cater for those players with limitations in place, but it is the same with you truth-eaters, no one could reason against you since you ate the truth as a child.

• @schneebaer17905 said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

...it is the same with you truth-eaters, no one could reason against you since you ate the truth as a child.

That right there is some poetic bs.

And having grown strong on the meat of truth as a babe, I cannot help but share it now—that all may eat of truth too, whether they care for the taste or not. XD

Some people want laser guns and rockets in this game too. It doesn't mean it's a good idea. You can villify and belittle other opinions all you want, it doesn't make you any more right (or wrong) than me.

• @captain-arcanic said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

@schneebaer17905 said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

...it is the same with you truth-eaters, no one could reason against you since you ate the truth as a child.

That right there is some poetic bs.

And having grown strong on the meat of truth as a babe, I cannot help but share it now—that all may eat of truth too, whether they care for the taste or not. XD

Some people want laser guns and rockets in this game too. It doesn't mean it's a good idea. You can villify and belittle other opinions all you want, it doesn't make you any more right (or wrong) than me.

I just despise such dramatic attitude that everything will go down the sink with such a change like I despise the dramatic claim on the Steam forums that the game currently is unplayable for solo players or in a desolate state due to the open PvP.

Funnily enough, I end up defending the current game over there because they want an offline version for single players of this game (although that would be nice so that one will be able to enjoy the game even after the servers were shut down in the future).

But alright, back to topic. 🤗

• Lag Takes The Fun Away

As an early adopter of SoT, now returning after some time away, I am very disappointed in the state of the game when it comes to stability.

I frequently have issues when I rubber band, teleport randomly, or watch my ship dive under the waves till it remembers it's not the Red October.

I think a big focus needs to go towards net code improvements and server optimisation to help mitigate these issues. Nothing sucks the fun out of a game like immersion breaking lag/bugs.

I have an Xbox One X running 4k HDR, with a wired connection and a fast and stable open NAT connection.
    The game looks stunning like this, and it's still fun to play. But don't let it be ruined with these technical hiccups. Please fix the lag!

• @schneebaer17905 said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

I just despise such dramatic attitude that everything will go down the sink with such a change

When I consider what would happen if a PvE server was created, I truly feel the negative effect on the game would be dramatic.

Considering it, I would be more accepting of a completely separate, Linear, SoT experience for those who want it. No crossover of gold, rep and commendations. Just Tall Tales, PvE and Voyages. They could tier the Tall Tales, requiring certain levels to be reached before you could set out on them. Again: there would be no crossover from this version to standard, open world SoT. All that said, I don't think it's currently worth RARE's time to do this.

• PLEASE fix the server migration. Not sure if it started this patch but it happens so frequently now. I just lost a ton of loot that i stashed on an island because of it.

• @indecisive87
    That is correct, there is a ton of small issues here and there, like invisible handles on crates or sometimes on the wheel of a ship my pirate gets stuck in place and his arms get stretched while the ship sails away. Releasing the wheel of the ship fixes the issue and seemingly there is no problem beside the shock, but these things make this game look unpolished like an indie title, and I deem a release on a new platform very daring with so many small issues all over the place.

@parishacks said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

• Porgression system: You could make a system to upgrade your weapons, gear, etc.. with accesories, improve the metal of a sword, etc... and with your boat too. Take a look on Assassin's Creed 4

Now, this is a feature of the game that could be seen as a basic one. One of the core ideas is that no one gets any benefits from playing the game besides the skill and the wits one is able to acquire from training.

I have played enough MMOs and other games with such "progress", and with open PvP or in a game with almost unlimited PvP is that a recipe for frustration of new players; although some players like to have a carrot on a stick in front of them to compensate for any lack they might have.

• Ashen guardians are more likely to spawn than Ashen key masters, lowering the chances for players who don't want to spend their doubloons to find an Ashen key in the game.

Hopefully in the next update, the spawn chances of the Ashen Guardians and Key Masters will be rebalanced.

• @takuboto After the first month of emissary ledgers I was given the reaper sails for reaching reaper grade 5 master. I reached reaper 5 with my friend however he only got the sails for reaper grade 4. For some reason he isn't getting reaper 5 sails. We got to reaper grade 5 again today and it still says he hasn't reached master for this months ledger rewards. Is there something that i'm missing for him not getting rewards and I am or is this just a glitch. Please fix this rare. Good luck

• Since this update the spawn rate for "Ashen Key Master" appears to have been effected.

As of yesterday I've played over twenty hours, encountered:

23 Ashen Guardians
    31 Skeleton Captains
    0 Ashen Key Masters

Fished for One Hour and a Half

0 Ashen Keys

The current only successful way to get keys has been purchasing the quest for 99 Doubloons. I've had multiple chests I was not able to open, its also pointless to do the quests knowing you cannot get keys thus this makes a portion of actual gameplay impossible and is a major bugged issue which needs addressing.

I assume likely this was a mistake while trying to address people who have used the respawn trick by dying or mermaiding back to the island from afar to cause the next Ashen or Captain to spawn as previously when you killed them their orders were on the same island and you could dig up chest/key. Since patch all orders are to nearby medium or larger islands if found on a small island. Since it makes since to find the Key on the Island the Key Master was on I think this fix messed up Key Masters. Does not explain my not having any luck fishing another up, but the RNG was always low so maybe just unlucky. Please look into this as its a current part of the game I want to finish on commendations and cosmetics that I am unable to do without earning and spending Doubloons.

Thanks,

• Last night while helping a friend with the newest TT, I was killed - and after being revived, my viewing angle kept being forced to look at the floor and anything I was holding disappeared. In this state, I could not rotate the camera angle at all; I could only move.

Occasionally, the camera would pop back up to normal, but only for about 5 seconds before reverting back down to the ground. You can imagine how hard this makes those trap puzzles to do.

I killed myself again to see if it fixed the issue; Ferry aside, it didn't.

Eventually, I was put into perma-black loading screen and was forced to quit out of SoT just as my friend completed the voyage on his own. I forfeited the completion as a result - all work and no pay.

Anybody else experience this devastating bug?

• Did the morningstar and Graymarrow TT. Got the checkpoints at all the right spots. Fighting Graymarrow but got killed by a crew who killed him(got the he died msg). The book remained in my inv and the skulls on the table. Restarted from the checkpoint, placed items down and killed him.

Perfect

• @galactic-geek

Nope, but that is horrible.

Views
166 out of 208