Do I need Xbox live gold to paly Sea of thieves on Computer?

• I have seen threads saying yes but also some have said no. I kind of want a definite answer

Views
  • @rosebanjo198365 Ahoy there!

Xbox Live Gold is only required for console players to play online, so no, you do not :D

• @musicmee Thanks for the help!

• @rosebanjo198365 also make sure you download the win 10 xbox app if you don't have it to help find your crew mates

• @musicmee Is there confirmation anywhere on this, matey? I be lookin' fer some information about this meself! I be seeing some things about that mentions you can "play" with a standard Microsoft account but some features are still locked behind the Gold. Would this be the same on the PC or would we be needin' the Gold to unlock our full potential here as well?

• @sir-knowballs

I would like to know as well.

• I do not know. The wife and I already have gold accounts so I can't confirm in any way.

• It'd be silly to need Xbox Live on a PC because we are already connected to the internet... So I hope I don't need a subscription to play.

• Xbox Live is essential to SoT. It's the front end matchmaking app for the game.
    It's free with Win10, so no extra fees for pc players.

• Xbox live gold is only required for Xbox. You do not need an Xbox live gold account to play despite it being a crossplay program.

@haydencd Not charging. Xbox Live Gold will not be required for online multiplayer gaming using our service on Windows 10 PCs and Phones

— Larry Hryb (@majornelson) March 5, 2015

• @platypuserotica thank goodness and thank you for the clarification. I had never even thought about this until this thread and momentarily got worried lol

• @jinxybinx In fairness, Musicmee answered the question so deserves all accolades, I merely looked up a quote as folks were still concerned. I appreciate the thanks, though. :)

• @platypuserotica well thank you to @Musicmee too!

Views
1 out of 13